Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sunil Sharpe! I love me a bit of techno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

ChNeU1WWIAEeqP8.jpg
    Gooseface Killah :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Can anyone who's gone by Campervan tell me how strict they are on alcohol allowences? There's four of us flying to Cardiff and bus-ing it from there, however we know a couple who are taking a Campervan and were thinking of giving (at least some) of our drink to them so we don't have to carry every thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Can anyone who's gone by Campervan tell me how strict they are on alcohol allowences? There's four of us flying to Cardiff and bus-ing it from there, however we know a couple who are taking a Campervan and were thinking of giving (at least some) of our drink to them so we don't have to carry every thing.
    Went last year.. 2 lads at the gate on the way in to campervan west who were checking our campervan pass asked us if we had any glass bottles and we said no we had put our spirits into plastic bottles. They then asked us if they could see an example of this so jumped in the back and got 2 bottles to show them through the driver window. At no point did they ask or try to look in the back of the campervan. So answer is not very strict at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

We were in campervan east. We got stopped on entry, asked if we had glass, we said no. They have the craic with you anyway. I think one guy did get in the back but only glanced around. Our booze was in the boot and under seats, not because we were hiding it, just because it was stored away. They don't give a monkeys how much booze you have from what I could tell!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They are generally very reasonable people, but if they get a hint that you've got glass they will do a proper search.

They don't care about quantities that you are taking in... Well except for the one idiot we got one year who didn't believe that we were not going to be selling the beer we had, had several large kegs that we'd just picked up from a local brewery on the way down. He took a load off us and said we could have it back when we brought him empties to show we'd been drinking it. Well we polished off a keg full that Tuesday evening and went back the next day to where they were storing all the confiscated glass bottles and got all our beer back from the supervisor, who couldn't understand why it had been taken off us and went to find the guy and give him a bollocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Theoretically theres no limit on the cans you can bring in via campervan. Its "as many as you can carry". Glass of any kind is a no-no and will be confiscated. The checks they action are cursory at best however.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Campervan tickets are back on sale here:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/campervan-caravan-tickets/worthy-farm/920000

They will go quickly though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the refund deadline was last Friday, so might be related to that. could well have a secret resale in the next few days so.

the refund deadline was last Friday, so might be related to that. could well have a secret resale in the next few days so.

I'd expect so.

I got the campervan link from efestivals site, but the main ticket page hasn't actually changed to say that campervan tickets are available. Just someone was watching the direct link to the purchase page.

I'd expect it to be as secret a sale for the main tickets in that you need to keep an eye on the direct links to the ticket pages to be able to get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

I seen one guy inside the festival last year with a medium sized flatbed trolley stacked with beer last year - not sure if he claimed he was sharing it or all for personal consumption!

on the off-chance that anyone hasn't booked their flights yet, Ryanair are doing some "Eurovision" special and Dublin-Bristol flights are €12 each way. checked the Glastonbury dates and it's valid for them.

Well **** that. I booked mine a few weeks ago, €114 I think it cost me! That with a big bag each way though so not too bad.

Shangri-La
    CONSUME-GLASTO-POSTER-FINAL.jpeg

The Glade:
    Glade-Stage-2016-for-web.jpg

Glade-lounge-2016-for-web.jpg

Spike-2016-for-web.jpg

Spaceport-2016-for-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Just got a mail saying my ticket was dispatched. Had a sudden realisation that its just over a month away...couldn't be more excited :D

Full lineup should be released on Monday too!

On Monday? What makes you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

MadYaker wrote: »
    On Monday? What makes you say that?

Lineup was released on the 25th last year...more just hope that they'll do it as close to that as possible this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Lineup was released on the 25th last year...more just hope that they'll do it as close to that as possible this year!
    Lineup was 2nd of June last year..

http://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

I got my coach confirmation today. We're leaving via Cardiff and the time listed is 5:45 am!!! I checked the email I got from them 2 years ago when I left from Cardiff and the time was 10:15am (and even then it was delayed about half an hour).

Is anyone else coaching it from Cardiff, and if so did you get a ludicrously early time too? Also anyone know how strict they are on you turning up at your designated time?

full lineup next Wednesday 1st June, it seems.

Arcadia:

ARCADIA-GLASTONBURY-20161.jpg

• Advertisement

^ Where's the 1st of June rumour coming from?

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Where's the 1st of June rumour coming from?
    the guy who runs efestivals. probably one of his sources that work for the festival.

presumably we'll get the full lineup with all stages with times then, rather than just the 2nd poster with more acts/stages.

That seems like a reasonable estimate based on the thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

How many tickets can one person buy for Glastonbury ? If 4 people were all registered can one person buy all 4 tickets?

How many tickets can one person buy for Glastonbury ? If 4 people were all registered can one person buy all 4 tickets?
    Yep!

The limit is 6 as far as I remember. One person can buy tickets for themselves and 5 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yes frightened rabbit! And no clash between LCD and Sigur Ros!

Yes frightened rabbit! And no clash between LCD and Sigur Ros!
    My two thoughts exactly..

.. spotted FR are playing twice on Friday - Other Stage and Williams Green that night (the latter will be mobbed I'd say).

• Advertisement

Jaysus it's mind bogglingly massive. It's gonna take ages to read through all this and figure out what I want to see and what clashes with what.

Advertisement