Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3GS eBay looks dodgy

• 25-09-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Apple-iPhone-3GS-16GB-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone-New-sealed-in-box-/121764879847?hash=item1c59c09de7

Note the IMEI & SERIAL shown on the box.

I checked the IMEI and its not cloud locked. But when I checked the serial number it says

We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us

So I'm guessing it's either fake, stolen, insurance fraud or the seller is using a picture from the internet.

What do you reckon?

Also

When my 6s is delivered all I will be short of is iPhone (1), 3G and 3GS for my collection. If anyone knows where I can buy any of the above phones sealed and unused preferably in Europe I'd be grateful if you could share a link. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I think Activation Lock was only introduced with iOS 7 which the 3gs was not able to upgrade to.
    But it looks like that message indicates the phone was replaced (possibly by apple care) and the owner was supposed to return the old phone, which he/she didn't do - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5993106?tstart=0
    So Apple will not provide support for it. But at this stage they do not provide support for any 3gs anyway .. I think it is a moral dilemma at this stage :)

BTW ran it on my old 3gs and this is what i see

2ytpwfd.png

Plus looking at his feedback as a seller.. he seem to have sold quite a few 3gs

ml7az9.png

Advertisement