Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Bound For Glory - October 4th, 2015 *Spoilers*

• 25-09-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

CPx3xmbWUAQ-yaD.jpg
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Drew Galloway vs. champion Ethan Carter III
    CPx3xp8WgAAvy0p.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    champion Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong
    CPxfp72WIAAhvfW.jpg

TNA World Tag Team Championships
    champions The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. Trevor Lee and Brian Myers
    CPxfYxVWUAAtCjL.jpg

TNA X-Division Championship - Ultimate X
    ??? vs. champion Tigre Uno vs. ??? vs. ???
    CPxN74lWoAA-gUR.jpg

Kurt Angle vs. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bound For Gold Gauntlet Match
    Abyss vs. Aiden O' Shea vs. Chris Melendez vs. Jessie Godderz vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Mahabali Shera vs. Tyrus vs. Eli Drake vs. Robbie E
    CQAtgJsUYAEHblz.jpg

It's the get everybody on the show match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who's Aiden O'Shea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ryan Braddock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I like Galloway but the guy has been there less than a year. Why is he getting such a big match when Roode and Lashley (amoung others) don't have any match at all? Show doesn't even feel like a PPV let alone the apparent big one for the year. Lethal Lockdown should have happened here instead of a random Impact with a lot of competition for ratings.

Angle also announced his opponent on Twitter. Not sure if it'll be revealed on Impact or just announced so I'll spoiler tag it.
    Eric Young. Predictable but the correct choice.

The final updated card:
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Drew Galloway vs. champion Ethan Carter III vs. Matt Hardy
    CQPJbaSWwAAJ1J_.jpg

TNA Knockouts Championship
    champion Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong
    CP_s_kdWcAAgECs.jpg

TNA King of the Mountain Championship
    Bobby Lashley vs. champion Bobby Roode
    CQPJvh9W8AArBAn.jpg

TNA World Tag Team Championships
    champions The Wolves (Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. Trevor Lee and Brian Myers
    CP76JqEWsAIglCI.jpg

TNA X-Division Championship - Ultimate X

Manik vs. champion Tigre Uno vs. DJ Zema Ion vs. Andrew Everett
    CP26dCLWEAA-1qO.jpg

Eric Young vs. Kurt Angle
    CQPKAEeWoAAnwCu.jpg

Bound For Gold Gauntlet Match

Abyss vs. Aiden O' Shea vs. Chris Melendez vs. Jessie Godderz vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Mahabali Shera vs. Tyrus vs. Eli Drake vs. Robbie E
    CQFeieGWoAAReLe.jpg

On paper it looks like a really solid show.

• Advertisement

Have to watch this week's but do they explain how GFW guys are in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have to watch this week's but do they explain how GFW guys are in there?

Myers and Leeare due their re-match. explains it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe im still just struggling to shake off the WWE booking but the KOTM match looks more like a main event match (Lashley vs Roode) than the main event to me despite me liking EC3.

Speaking of which I was curious about the KOTM championship, thinking it looked like the old legends/global belt and low and behold they are one and the same but is that match just a regular match? whats the deal there does it not have to be defended in King of The Mountain matches and if so whats the deal there?

Nope. Seems it's just another title now. Roode won it from Justin Gabriel in a normal match

What exactly is a King Of The Mountain match, is it basically a ladder match or am I way off?

• Advertisement

What exactly is a King Of The Mountain match, is it basically a ladder match or am I way off?

Usually a five man ladder match but Jarrett said during Black's reign that the title can be defended in any match. He also said for any company but I can't see that happening. Legends/Global/TV title with yet another name.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Usually a five man ladder match but Jarrett said during Black's reign that the title can be defended in any match. He also said for any company but I can't see that happening. Legends/Global/TV title with yet another name.

Its much more of a mess than just a 5 person ladder match, somuch so that the commentators forget the rules regularly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I drifted away from TNA a while ago after they got rid of the Bad Influence, but this card looks fairly good and I'm tempted to give it a watch. Plus any clips I've seen of EC3 have been pretty funny, will be interesting to see him in action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What the **** is this dancing ****e?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What the **** is this dancing ****e?

Alvarez put it best.
    https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/650832724584890368?lang=en

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

With that utterly ridiculous beard, Tyrus reminds me of Roadkill from ECW.

Roadkill_-_Michael_Depali_02.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What is Lashley wearing?

Love the commentary telling us it's no DQ, then Angle announcing it on the mic, and they act like it's news to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Used to religiously watch TNA , Bound for Glory and Lockdown were always my favourites! Probably my favourite BFG moment is Hardys stage dice in a Monster Balls match, back then people used to talk about TNA as a viable alternative .... Judging by the response in this thread it doesn't seem like that much people talk about it at all. Unfortunately didn't even know it was on, , and Kirt Angle is my favourite wrestler.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Used to religiously watch TNA , Bound for Glory and Lockdown were always my favourites! Probably my favourite BFG moment is Hardys stage dice in a Monster Balls match, back then people used to talk about TNA as a viable alternative .... Judging by the response in this thread it doesn't seem like that much people talk about it at all. Unfortunately didn't even know it was on, , and Kirt Angle is my favourite wrestler.

Honestly, it wasn't a good show. Match of the night was probably the tag match between the Wolves and Myers and Lee. Main event was okay, but not great. The gauntlet match was an absolute slog to get through, went on for 25 minutes but it felt oh so much longer, not helped by them stopping the match half way through for one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

And they just over turned the decision of the main event. So there's that too.

Huh, didn't realise it. Did they mention that the title was in abeyance?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So was any of this worth watching? Kind of dumb to have a ladder match championship.

So was any of this worth watching? Kind of dumb to have a ladder match championship.

Wolves match was match of the night quite probably, but you wouldn't really miss much if you didn't see it.

Just watched BFG and its an exhusting watch. TNA don't do themselves any favours and its the actually talent that makes it any way worth while.

It wasnt teh worst PPV but certainly the over use of the Shuffle ruined what could have been a decent match. The tag match was very enjoyable and Trevor Lee is growing on me a lot. TNA would be wise to hold on to him if possible. Matt Hardy winning was a joke considering he had to drop the title. It was too early to take the gold of EC3.

Impact will be interesting to see this week considering there is no more tapings to use.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Impact will be interesting to see this week considering there is no more tapings to use.

Well they do have ~70 matches they taped with at best a loose context attached that they can throw together into some kind of show.

Well they do have ~70 matches they taped with at best a loose context attached that they can throw together into some kind of show.

Are there any tapings due in the enxt few weeks or is that it for now?

I enjoyed the show the whole way up to the Eric Young vs Kurt Angle match. The commentary was incredibly annoying and Young looked weak as hell. For the commentary, they were constantly complaining about Young going after Angle. Why? The bell never rang. He'd be an idiot not to continue the match. If Angle isn't able to continue, end the match. Otherwise shut up complaining about Young continuing the match. Not sure why Angle needed the win either.

The main event was all kinds of annoying. The heel ended up as the most sympathetic while the hometown hero looked the least deserving. EC3 and Galloway both earned their spot. Hardy was given a spot having lost several times and had his brother as the referee. Had a bad feeling it was made a three way just to take the title off EC3 without pinning him. Hardy vacating makes it even worse but they were backed into a corner. The World Cup announced for tonight on paper will go a long way to making up for the terrible booking.

Bar Shera in the gauntlet I didn't think it was that bad. Just don't think anyone in the match is really up to challenging for the title which made it hard to take anyone seriously. Lashley vs Roode, Ultimate X and the Tag Title match were all worth a watch.

Advertisement