Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir rural FTTH thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Can I ask folks, what has to happen once the fibre has been run to your housing estate. I live in a reasonably rural village and the estate has fibre running to a cabinet outside my house. Recently KN Networks have been in running fibre from this cabinet to one off housing in the Countryside or Road-Side close by. It turns out these people have managed to Order Fibre to the Home from Eir. Now, if any of the estate try to order it the EirCode says its available, but when you order it, during the process you stick in your phone number and it says its not available. KN Networks say its all ready and has been for a while.
    My question is which comes first, the remaining run into the house or the order. It would seem for the other houses, it was the order. How I don't know they have managed to order it.
    I currently have 12Mb using Vodafone. I tried ordering from Eir. Does anyone know if its just a waiting game or what needs to happen to get Fibre?
    BTW, I asked Vodafone and they said this is exclusively an Eir thing, and they wont be able to supply fibre. Any help appreciated.

Just to clarify, FTTH (aka eirFibre Extreme) cable runs direct from the exchange to each premises and not from a roadside cabinet, it simply passes under the cabinet. A certain number of fibres in the cable go into the cab for FTTC services (copper to the home within 2kms).

You say the cabinet is outside your house, in that case I assume they will provide you with FTTC/VDSL (aka eirFibre), i.e. over the existing copper line from the cabinet, with speed up to 100 Mbps depending on your line distance from the cabinet. If your copper line is capable of speeds in excess of 30 Mbps then most likely it'll be FTTC.

Zoom in on your house on the fibre rollout map here - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/ , does it have a blue icon on it for planned FTTH or is it in the green FTTC area?

Check this link for FTTH and FTTC resellers here - http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/where-to-buy/
    Green square icon represents FTTC resellers and green circle for FTTH resellers.

FTTC/VDSL (up to 100 Mbps) speed vs. copper line distance

untitled2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

The Cush wrote: »
    The definition of high speed broadband would be 30 Mbps upwards via FTTC or FTTH.
    It's possible your line may be connected to the planned fibre cabinet?

Well I sent an email off to fibrepower@openeir.ie today to see why it wont return a result on their website. I get the "Unfortunately we are unable to provide a result for this Eircode. Please email fibrepower@openeir.ie for more information."

Any way I can find out for sure if my line is connected or when its planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman wrote: »
    SIRO and ENET are in a very different scenario to Eir. Eir has almost 1200 exchanges with over around 7k cabs when they started this with an extensive fibre backhaul network, compare that to SIRO who are in a few towns and ENET who have done a trial.

It's a hell of a lot easier for Eir to do this compared to any of the others.

Also, Eir's No. 1 ambition is to go to IPO. It's very obvious from on here with the many examples where they have left out premises who are along the yellow line from their 300k rollout plan or left 1 or 2 houses at the end of a blue line which are only 100m onwards from the last house on the yellow line. It is no more commercially un-viable to serve that house than the one before it. But if you leave it out then it makes it commercially un-viable for SIRO or ENET to connect it as they won't want to rent 3km of dark fibre from Eir to serve that last house 100m from the end of the blue line and you couldn't run 3km of new fibre to connect just 1 house.

Eir pulled a masterstroke in what they done and it's will be fantastic for everyone who gets connected as part of the 300k. However it will push up the price overall for the NBP, push it out further and could well jeopardize the whole project which suits Eir and their shareholders perfectly.

As it's doesnt affect me in terms of my own broadband, I think looking at the bigger picture it's really bad for those outside of the 300k. It's also not good for at least 10% of those within the 300k who will now get VDSL when they would have gotten FTTH if they had of been done as part of the NBP.
    Because they had 3 bidders being able to compete on a near level playing field, but now the only bidder that will come back with a reasonable price is Eir. The thing is Eir now know that SIRO and ENET will be extremely costly so all Eir really have to do is be a little less extremely costly and they will win it! And it's hard to know if SIRO or ENET would even bother going much further in the process now.
    If the department gets Eir to commit to passing these strategically placed 300k homes and then have them removed the NBP plan, then Eir know that no other bidder will be able to compete with them on it so they would basically win it by default.

The department now to need to concern themselves with not only homes being "passed" but homes been "connectable". There is quite an important distinction between these two. If Eir are passing only and not connecting them then it doesn't meet the departments requirements. I hope for the sake of us all that the department don't drop the ball on this.
    Regarding the dark fibre, that's what was in the papers this week.

As far as the cost, if SIRO or ENET pull out then Eir can charge whatever they like to do it and will be able to subsidise their 300k rollout as a result.

Lets say the Eir 300k never happened and the bids were as follows:
    Eir €1k/home or €900M for 900k homes
    SIRO €1k/home or €900M for 900k homes
    ENET €1k/home or €900M for 900k homes

Now with Eir suddenly being able to do the cherry picked 300k homes commercially for €666/home or 200M as quoted in the papers.

So lets say the bids are now as follows:
    SIRO €1400/home or €840M for 600k homes
    ENET €1400/home or €840M for 600k homes

Above are obviously just made up examples but ENET and SIRO costs would go up as they still have to rollout fibre to the very last home while passing by 100s of houses that are now all signed up to Eir FTTH.

They will have to either rent dark fibre of Eir to pick up random houses in the 300k area or else build out their own network to pick up just 1-2 houses that Eir have left behind when pre 300k it would have been for lets say 100 houses then new cost per home has gone up hugely inside the 300k area for them.

So Eir now are in a position that they don't care how much it will cost them to build the last 600k, they just need to be able to put in a price that is cheaper than SIRO and ENET. So Eir tell the government that the price is now €1300/home for the rest or €780M

So Eir just bid made 80M and as a result have subsided their 300k rollout as well because their total spend on 300k + NBP area is now €200M + €780M when their original price would have been €980M.

So really smart by them but overall bad for everyone else!!

I'll just leave these here :)

Very disappointing indeed to see SIRO pull out but it's not one bit surprising. I really do wonder why ENET are still in, wonder is it something to do with the MAN deal that got extended very quietly a few months back.

joe123 wrote: »
    Any way I can find out for sure if my line is connected or when its planned?

Not sure, if it were me I would contact my current provider to see if they could tell me which exchange/cabinet I'm connected to and if eirFibre was available to me.

If you're connected to the planned cabinet it'll be anyone's guess as to when it goes live, open-eir won't tell you.

IIRC the open-eir email you contacted deals with customer connection queries relating to FTTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

turbbo wrote: »
    That makes no sense - densely populated areas are far more economical to roll out to than vast expanses with sporadic population.

You're saying because it's a small number it's not worth rolling out to? But you're not taking into account it's size - i.e tiny by comparison to areas that have already gone live. Surely it should be based on homes per km rather than just number of homes in an exchange area. Also they are working in adjacent areas already so it's not like they have to travel hundreds of miles to get there either. So costs would not outweigh return. Think you'd need to take a look at google maps.
    turbbo wrote: »
    Are you trolling with comments like that?
    Marlow wrote: »
    It's mad really, as Castletroy isn't that far from being Urban. There's got to be some legacy reason for that.

/M

Just to jump back up to this for a second. I was responding on my phone and missed some stuff.

CTY is a full blown early VDSL Exchange. NGB and LLU'd. The reason the count is so low is this area is perfect for VDSL, so most get it.

0hV7ZbI.jpg

There are a few satellite homes that dont quite fall under the zone of a VDSL cab or predate the cabs existence so end up with a service that doesnt qualify them as covered. The 58 PON runs fill that gap in and then its the legwork done for the NBP to pay them to run further east if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just got a bill of 178 euro from eir

No broadband installed here

No further call back from our reps who were going to dissolve the whole thing so far...

incompetent from the ground up

• Registered Users Posts: 47 superloopy

My FTTH order keeps getting taken and then lost between Eir and Open Eir.

Does anybody know what mad game this is? On my fourth order now. Everything passing and green lights all around. Except the final hurdle. A KN engineer of any sort has not come near my door.

It’s maddening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

ED E wrote: »
    Just to jump back up to this for a second. I was responding on my phone and missed some stuff.

CTY is a full blown early VDSL Exchange. NGB and LLU'd. The reason the count is so low is this area is perfect for VDSL, so most get it.

0hV7ZbI.jpg

There are a few satellite homes that dont quite fall under the zone of a VDSL cab or predate the cabs existence so end up with a service that doesnt qualify them as covered. The 58 PON runs fill that gap in and then its the legwork done for the NBP to pay them to run further east if required.

So you're basically telling me what I already know. The original context for this discussion was that the reason they're leaving exchange areas like this until the end of the rollout is because there is("was" - Siro have pulled out) a grab going on by openeir to cover the more rural areas first for the NBP. Perhaps this strategy can be put on hold at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

ED E wrote: »
    The reason the count is so low is this area is perfect for VDSL, so most get it.

VDSL which has very quickly become "old hat". Siro have now gone live in the area bringing full fibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Day 8 and still no broadband. I dont know what Eir did but they really messed up, Never thought ftth would be so error ridden. We are considering cancelling our Eir account.

• Advertisement

mdfire wrote: »
    hi, my eir f2000 modem packed in tonight.. the lan connection between it and the white box on the wall seems to have failed. They are sending me a new one but i wont have it til Monday earliest. Question is, i have a draytek vigor 2850, will this work?
    mdfire wrote: »
    no its not a phone box...i have fibre to the home.. and there are two white boxes on wall. there is a thin cabke connecting these and an ethernet cable from the larger one into the f2000 wan socket

edit.. the white box is a Huawei GPON terminal

With FTTH you can use pretty much any router you want. The only problem is performance.
    The firewall of the 2830 & 2850 models throughput is 90mb.

So you won't see full whack, you need something with good NAT tPut to match FTTH.

Just set your Draytek to DHCP on WAN with VLAN 10, should come straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

My f2000 is also getting replaced. The wifi on it doesn't work properly. I will be connected to it but can't access Internet. Can access the router fine but not the web which is odd.i have other access points on the network and they all work fine, even another f2000. Google showed other customers with same issue.

Thankfully tech support were ok to deal with and quickly enough concluded that they would send another unit out. Here's hoping it works better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

For anybody having difficulties in ordering from Eir would you try their web chat on the eir.ie website. Existing customers should have their recent Eir bill or have my eir account opened up. If you leaving another provider you may need account information from them such as the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

thanks i will try that. does that mean the 2850 is just acting as a router and the internet access bit is done on the box on the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 addict

Marlow wrote: »
    When you sign up with OpenEIR, the NGA group of products is one group. You automatically become a wholesales partner of FTTC and FTTH. I know this, because I actually read those contracts. Have you ?

You can choose, not to sell FTTH, but you have the products. They terminate on the same WEIL.

And Vodafone IS selling FTTH products of OpenEIR. In this case, friend of mine got offered the FTTH products.

It would be stupid, if Vodafone didn't, as SIRO and OpenEIR don't overlap on FTTH ATM and they can always swap customers to SIRO at a later point, if they opt for it.

/M

I was a Vodafone FTTC customer for 2 yrers until I got FTTH installed by Eir but cancelled Eir in cooling off period and contacted Vodafone about supply of FTTH and was told we do not sell it or no plans to sell it so I said but your losing a customer by not supplying FTTH and they said sorry they can’t sell FTTH only FTTC and Siro so went with Digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Rang Vodafone yesterday for FTTH. Told no FTTH only FTTC.
    I'm still looking for an alternative to Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blogin

addict wrote: »
    I was a Vodafone FTTC customer for 2 yrers until I got FTTH installed by Eir but cancelled Eir in cooling off period and contacted Vodafone about supply of FTTH and was told we do not sell it or no plans to sell it so I said but your losing a customer by not supplying FTTH and they said sorry they can’t sell FTTH only FTTC and Siro so went with Digiweb

Was there a cancellation charge for cancelling in cooling off period ? Digiweb didn't charge installation charge then as fibre already installed ?

so I said but your losing a customer by not supplying FTTH and they said sorry they can’t sell FTTH only FTTC and Siro so went with Digiweb

Nothing preventing them reselling open-eir's FTTH except their own decision not to do, doesn't come across as a very smart business decision, cutting yourself off from a potential customer base.

Blogin wrote: »
    Was there a cancellation charge for cancelling in cooling off period ? Digiweb didn't charge installation charge then as fibre already installed ?

No cancellation charge and digiweb no installion charge and I am on 150 package with both and funny thing was eir was max avg of 144 down but with digiweb is avg 156 and WiFi 100% better with digiweb

garroff wrote: »
    Rang Vodafone yesterday for FTTH. Told no FTTH only FTTC.
    I'm still looking for an alternative to Eir.

It’s easier changing to another provider if you let eir install FTTH first free install by them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm amazed that they don't have condition in the contract that says if you cancel within the cooling off period you are liable for the full cost of the installation.
    Seems like a major oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭banjopeter

Pangea wrote: »
    Day 8 and still no broadband. I dont know what Eir did but they really messed up, Never thought ftth would be so error ridden. We are considering cancelling our Eir account.
    I had months of issues since 5th May and decided to cancel my order. That's when the fun really began. Still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭banjopeter

No cancellation charge and digiweb no installion charge and I am on 150 package with both and funny thing was eir was max avg of 144 down but with digiweb is avg 156 and WiFi 100% better with digiweb
    Smart way to get free installation and go with Digiweb! Wonder will Eir try and block that loophole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

By not acknowledging any possibility of standalone FTTH broadband and insisting on a landline deal (which they tried to do with me) Eir are making sure the phone goes in first and you're stuck with that part of the contract before you get the FTTH installed. The cooling off period has expired by then.

Also, a quick look at the Talk to Eir forum and it becomes obvious that cancellation, even within the cooling off period, is a total nightmare. Maybe this is how they're making sure that that loophole becomes unviable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The Cush wrote: »
    Nothing preventing them reselling open-eir's FTTH except their own decision not to do, doesn't come across as a very smart business decision, cutting yourself off from a potential customer base.

I expect will that change now that SIro have abandoned rural fibre roll out.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    By not acknowledging any possibility of standalone FTTH broadband and insisting on a landline deal (which they tried to do with me) Eir are making sure the phone goes in first and you're stuck with that part of the contract before you get the FTTH installed. The cooling off period has expired by then.

Also, a quick look at the Talk to Eir forum and it becomes obvious that cancellation, even within the cooling off period, is a total nightmare. Maybe this is how they're making sure that that loophole becomes unviable?

One call and it was cancelled within cooling off period n labels arrived in post to send modem back and direct debit cancelled at same time so it was fast and easy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I reckon both Vodafone and Sky have lost a good deal of business in rural locations as customers change over to Eir or Digiweb for FTTH.

I too reckon that Vodafone will resell OpenEir FTTH in the not to distant future, now that Siro's plans for the NBP/rural Ireland are dead in the water.

I Don't see Sky getting involved for along time to come, they don't even have an FTTH service in the UK apart from one test location.

What modem did digiweb give you? Does it have 5ghz wifi? Thanks.

What modem did digiweb supply? Does it have 5ghz wifi ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

maybe give us a few speedtest results both wired and wifi. I Don't think we've seen any digiweb FTTH speedtests here.

What modem did digiweb give you? Does it have 5ghz wifi? Thanks.

Digiweb provide a Fritzbox 7560 has 5gh and very high grade German quality of modem

Gonzo wrote: »
    maybe give us a few speedtest results both wired and wifi. I Don't think we've seen any digiweb FTTH speedtests here.
    WiFi speed test

WiFi speed test

so it looks like Digiweb are able to sync you at a slightly higher rate then Eir. A 150 package on Eir max's out at about 148 on speedtests.

Also the Fritz router is a million times better than the F2000 with wifi that actually works.

Gonzo wrote: »
    so it looks like Digiweb are able to sync you at a slightly higher rate then Eir. A 150 package on Eir max's out at about 148 on speedtests.

Also the Fritz router is a million times better than the F2000 with wifi that actually works.

Correct on both counts plus the fact that digiweb are friendly to deal with and pleasent at least in my case

Did anyone get the 2 months free for registering interest ? 
    It seems impossible to get that offer on the eir sales line.
    A supposed eir sales person rang me on Monday and offered, standalone 150MB for total 580. 
     (2 months free as per pre-registration, 4 months @ 40 euro and then 6 months at 70)
    Is that a SCAM or what ? The eir sales guys cannot tell me of that is a valid offer or whether the number I was contacted from is valid (01 766 2995).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 irishd

A supposed eir sales person rang me on Monday and offered, standalone 150MB for total 580. 
     (2 months free as per pre-registration, 4 months @ 40 euro and then 6 months at 70)
    Is that a SCAM or what ? The eir sales guys cannot tell me of that is a valid offer or whether the number I was contacted from is valid (01 766 2995).

Not sure about the number, but the staggered pricing sounds close enough.

See https://www.eir.ie/broadband/1000mb-fibre/

Pricing on that page includes phone but otherwise it is similar enough.

Mind you, Digiweb sounds better at €54.95/month

https://www.digiweb.ie/product/ultrafast-150/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

d31b0y wrote: »
    I'm amazed that they don't have condition in the contract that says if you cancel within the cooling off period you are liable for the full cost of the installation.
    Seems like a major oversight.

I'm pretty sure the distance selling regs prevent it, if not then I'm shocked they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Openeir is an installer of fibre networks. Openeir is Not an ISP. It should not matter who is the ISP as Openeir will get paid via the line rental. Am I correct in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

garroff wrote: »
    Openeir is an installer of fibre networks. Openeir is Not an ISP. It should not matter who is the ISP as Openeir will get paid via the line rental. Am I correct in this?

OpenEir is completely seperate from Eir .. that's correct. In theory, all providers are supposed to be equal on the platform and OpenEir is paid for line rental, traffic between exchanges and termination. OpenEIR folk aren't even supposed to talk directly to Eir.

That being said ....... it doesn't always feel like that.
    WiFi speed test

You should be getting higher speedtests. Obviously it depends on your device and the speedtest server you're using.

I've managed a 400 mbit/s speedtest on FTTH with the Fritz!Box 7560 using 5 GHz Wifi from a Samsung S5.

The issue with higher speed speedtests is, that a lot of the speedtests servers only have 1 Gbit/s uplink or less and there's a good chance that more than one person runs a speedtest at the same time on the same server. Airwire's server in Galway is on 10 Gbit/s. Digiwebs Speedtest server was ... at least until recently .. only 1 Gbit/s. I know they have plans to fix that. Always try a few different ones.

Oh .. and it's also worth mentioning, what service you have. If you only have a 150 Mbit/s FTTH service, then that speedtest is obviously fine.

/M

We have FTTH with the phone line now provided by VOIP through the F2000. When it was installed I had to call Eir to update the router with the VOIP settings to get it going. New router today so it doesn't have the VOIP settings. I spoke to online chat support and was passed around with no help what so ever. Pretty shocking how piss poor they are. Now the support channel isn't working at all, and when I call tech support it's not even ringing now.

Anyone know the craic with this? Will the router eventually pull the VOIP settings or is there a way to get them? Cheers

• Advertisement

In theory their CPE provisioning service should have done it already.

Should be a quick fix if you can get through.

So I got through to "tech support". They told me that the department that can configure my router for VOIP are now closed and to call back on Monday. I asked what department that was and she didn't know. I explained that I called earlier in the week and tech support did this for my previous router. She then explained that no one there knows how to enable the VOIP on my router so call back some other time. So it's hit and miss on who's in Eir's contact centre whether or not they can fix your issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is switching to digiweb from Eir easy ? What must one do, I don't see list of FTTH broadband packages on Digiweb site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Is switching to digiweb from Eir easy ? What must one do, I don't see list of FTTH broadband packages on Digiweb site?

Look harder ;)

https://www.digiweb.ie/ultrafast-ftth-broadband/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

OK so as I said I was told on Monday last that I would have nothing to worry about, my Internet would be working by Friday and they would ring me on Friday to check how everything went. Still no Internet and No call so I rang today, it was as if the last conversation hadn't happened, the man rang Eir wholesale, he concluded that there is a big issue with my account, he said himself he hadn't seen it before and that he couldn't even begin to explain it, that things were done that shouldn't have been done, he said my order was ceased or seized? by somebody and that wrecked my Eir profile preventing any repair, so he raised a ticket with Eir loyalty, this takes up to two days to process so I have to ring on Monday and ask them to get a cease on my broadband and then add new broadband. Its unbelievable how every time I ring they have a competly different story, God knows what's going to happen come Monday. worst customer service ever. In fairness to the agent he did sympathise with me and said it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

Avada wrote: »

Read some horror stories here whilst waiting for Eir install next week.

Is it really possible once connection is done to:
    A) cancel Eir within cooling off period
    B) return Eir router
    C) signup for Digiweb without paying install fee
    and live happily ever after?

Is there going to be a period of no broadband between cancelling Eir and getting Digiweb?

Appreciate any advice

Avada wrote: »
    editorsean wrote: »
    This is Digiweb's fair usage policy for its FTTH package. I think it's the same for all plans, but this is from their 1Gbps FTTH package (Additional Information tab):
    Unlimited Data: Digiweb operates an uncongested network and 1TB on this plan is considered fair use in any 30 day period prior to the 1st of the month. We do not throttle or cap service, however, if a customer exceeds the stated fair usage allowance for data on more than 2 occasions in any 90 day period, then Digiweb reserve the right to terminate or suspend the customer’s service. Digiweb will proactively contact customers in advance of any suspension or termination of service.

Anyone found out, what their FUP is these days ?

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Read some horror stories here whilst waiting for Eir install next week.

Is it really possible once connection is done to:
    A) cancel Eir within cooling off period
    B) return Eir router
    C) signup for Digiweb without paying install fee
    and live happily ever after?

Is there going to be a period of no broadband between cancelling Eir and getting Digiweb?

Appreciate any advice

I'm not sure if it works but just on the larger point. If it does and enough people take advantage all that is going to happen is eir most likely start charging an install fee. Why should one company (Digiweb) benefit from another who has decided to give free installation.

Yeah ... that's the exact quote in my post. I was just wondering, if they had changed that.

Explains why they can price it so agressively.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

I'm not sure if it works but just on the larger point. If it does and enough people take advantage all that is going to happen is eir most likely start charging an install fee. Why should one company (Digiweb) benefit from another who has decided to give free installation.

That’s just the nature of business no?
    Having to adapt your business model as customers find ways to get the best deal.

Also I’m only contemplating it because of hearing of bad service from Eir

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement