Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise allowance

Options
  • 26-09-2015 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

My new business started well then over last 3 weeks went from 500 euro a week to 150. Shall i go back and say the business has bombed or shall i wait boredom has set in

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

jjll wrote: »
    My new business started well then over last 3 weeks went from 500 euro a week to 150. Shall i go back and say the business has bombed or shall i wait boredom has set in

Try working out why your business bombed in the last few weeks and fix the problems. If you're bored, you're doing it wrong. Get busy fixing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How long has your business been going? I wouldn't worry about the numbers for the first 6 months at least and just focus on getting as much awareness as possible within your target market. No getting away from the fact the first months of any business are tough no point going into something if you are just going to give up after a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I see you're only in business a few weeks. Without knowing anything about the business, all I can say is that you're likely not giving it a chance and negativity will drive people away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Thanks for replies just on very slow day can be disheartening but will get on with it

Well seven months in and now about 1650 in debt well business owes me that im coming up to the 75% kept on allowance. Was thinking of going in saying im looking to go back on dole but what are chances

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear things haven't gone so well. No harm going in and asking you're not going to be any worse off.

If you look at the business honestly do you think its just flawed and is just not something that can work where you are or do you think there is another reason why its not turned out how you thought?

jimmii wrote: »
    Sorry to hear things haven't gone so well. No harm going in and asking you're not going to be any worse off.

If you look at the business honestly do you think its just flawed and is just not something that can work where you are or do you think there is another reason why its not turned out how you thought?

Tried it all to get it going but it just wont go over 200 euro a week which doesn't even pay the bills

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Tried it all to get it going but it just wont go over 200 euro a week which doesn't even pay the bills

You might get some advice if you give an idea what you're selling and what you've tried.

Yeh thats just not going to work! Do you think it can be rescued?

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh thats just not going to work! Do you think it can be rescued?

No chance

• Advertisement

No chance

Its weather i would be allowed to go back on it or sit tight

Its weather i would be allowed to go back on it or sit tight

Do i see the welfare office or go enterprise office and say i am closing it down ina month

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

What type of work do you do?

17larsson wrote: »
    What type of work do you do?

I own a shop but it only making just over 200 euro a week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Go back to the Enterprise Office if they are the ones you dealt with and tell them where things are at and see what your options are.

Advertisement