Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New restaurants Liffey Valley

• 26-09-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Anyone here what new restaurants might be going in the expansion or is it still to early ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alzo93

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Anyone here what new restaurants might be going in the expansion or is it still to early ?

As of June 11th, 5 of the 6 units are already leased according to the Independent.

They are;

- Cozmo
    - TGI Fridays
    - Milanos
    - Prezzos
    - Eddie Rockets

As far as I know, the 6th unit has yet to be leased and I'm assuming that Eddies are giving up their current unit as it wouldn't make much sense to operate two restaurants in the same shopping centre, so I'd imagine that that will soon be re-let once the new area opens.

Can't post a link because I'm a new user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

TGI Fridays now advertising for staff so must be opening soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

http://www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/menu-pdfs/dublin/48953-mainmenu_aw15_dublin_opt.pdf

Prezzo Restaurant opens tonight (in the new cinema extension). Italian food. The menu is above but the more options we have the better

http://www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/menu-pdfs/dublin/48953-mainmenu_aw15_dublin_opt.pdf

Prezzo Restaurant opens tonight (in the new cinema extension). Italian food. The menu is above but the more options we have the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Eddie Rockets will have double the amount of tables in the new location and will keep the old one open for a short overlap period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

do we have a date for cosmo opening in Liffey? heard some good reviews up north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Had lunch in prezzo last week and was impressed. Tasty food and the staff were very friendly. Deals available on their site if you sign up to mailing list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just back from Prezzo. Very pleased with the place. Great idea to have both toddler/small child and children menus!
    Pizzas are nice and the desserts for the kids are a perfect size.
    Nice staff
    Will definitely drop in again the next time we want a casual bite to eat when out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,770 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Prezzo last night. Our pizzas were over €18, so far from cheap, but they were very decent. Nice kids meals with 3 courses and a drink for €8.50 were excellent value for money but €3.39 for a Coke is taking the p1ss :mad:

Good choice on the menu, we'll go back there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

unkel wrote: »
    Prezzo last night. Our pizzas were over €18, so far from cheap, but they were very decent. Nice kids meals with 3 courses and a drink for €8.50 were excellent value for money but €3.39 for a Coke is taking the p1ss :mad:

Good choice on the menu, we'll go back there

always look oout for offers for both prezzos and milanos.

prezzos offers can be found here http://www.prezzorestaurants.co.uk/offers/?id=2001

and milanos here http://www.milanooffers.ie/

Is milanos liffey valley open yet? havent been over to that part of liffey valley in ages.

• Advertisement

The 25% off food voucher for Prezzo could be useful, thank you. I have applied for it and received the code.

That said, watch the terms and conditions. The 25% discount would not have given us a cent off our bill last week :rolleyes:

Zero discount on any of the nicer things on the menu, zero discount on childrens meals, zero discount on drinks.

And this current voucher is also only valid today, this Sunday and Monday. Hurry up if you want to avail of this so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just to add to this thread.

Have eaten in Prezzo and new italian where le blanca was over the last 2 months.

Very impress with Prezzo and the two different types of children meuns.

The italian in the village was good but deserts were poor.

Had my first taste of Milanos recently. I know they're a well establish brand but I'd never been.

I had a nice pizza. Mrs Dodge enjoyed her pasta and our 7 year old LOVED her meal. She got garlic dough balls and a pasta in tomato sauce thing for main. Nice addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

An Bord Pleanala has given planning permission for 4 new drive thru restaurants at Liffey Valley over near the Arc bar. According to the documents, they will be occupied by KFC, Burger King, Costa Coffee and Sbarro Pizza.

At this rate, Liffey Valley will be the most restaurant intense shopping centre in the country!!

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/246792.htm

ongarboy wrote: »
    An Bord Pleanala has given planning permission for 4 new drive thru restaurants at Liffey Valley over near the Arc bar. According to the documents, they will be occupied by KFC, Burger King, Costa Coffee and Sbarro Pizza.

At this rate, Liffey Valley will be the most restaurant intense shopping centre in the country!!

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/246792.htm

how many pizza joints do you need...jaysus its getting a bit over the top

Washout wrote: »
    how many pizza joints do you need...jaysus its getting a bit over the top

Seems kinda nuts when there's already a KFC, Burger King and Costa in the centre itself unless they're planning on moving to the new locations

I'm no fan of drive thrus anyway :(

Did we really need this? How about a decent Tesco? The only one we have in Lucan is brutal. Looks like it came straight from 80s poverty Ireland. Or even a Dunnes. There is no Dunnes store that does food in Lucan

And we could do with a few less US fast food chains that sell "stuff" produced in a factory using lots of chemicals and delivered frozen to their stores.

We coud do with a few more places selling real food. I'd love to see a "Chopped" opening up in LV...

And we could do with a few less US fast food chains that sell "stuff" produced in a factory using lots of chemicals and delivered frozen to their stores.

We coud do with a few more places selling real food. I'd love to see a "Chopped" opening up in LV...

agreed 100%

Yeah a few places like chopped would be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is there actually anything that would be could considered remotely healthy available there?

This is going to sound awful by judging by the amount of fat and unhealthy looking people walking around Liffey Valley, it wouldn't get much business.
    That's probably a bit of an exaggeration but I would suspect there are quite a few socioeconomic factors at play here.
    Fast food will always do well in Liiffey Valley.

Heroditas wrote: »
    This is going to sound awful by judging by the amount of fat and unhealthy looking people walking around Liffey Valley, it wouldn't get much business.
    That's probably a bit of an exaggeration but I would suspect there are quite a few socioeconomic factors at play here.
    Fast food will always do well in Liiffey Valley.

Fast food will always do well in all shopping centres.

If your looking for half healthy, get a burrito in a bowl.

Fast food will always do well in every shopping centre in the entire world

I fixed your post there for you. :rolleyes:

Dodge wrote: »
    I fixed your post there for you. :rolleyes:

I would have said the same thing about The Square Tallaght. But Chopped has being doing extremely well there since it opened. Queues out he door

Washout wrote: »
    I would have said the same thing about The Square Tallaght. But Chopped has being doing extremely well there since it opened. Queues out he door

There's also busy versions of BK, KFC, McDonalds etc

I'm not suggesting a healthy place won't do well in Liffey Valley. Just refuting the claim that the success of fast food places there is in any way unique to Liffey Valley

I like Chopped too. Go there regularly enough (city centre lunch time)

Dundrum isn't pickled with the likes of KFC though

Dundrum has KFC, McDonalds, Eddie Rockets and loads of others. Not sure what your point is?

Dundrum is full of take aways.

The only good thing in Dundrum is the Indian

• Advertisement

Dundrum is full of take aways.

The only good thing in Dundrum is the Indian

Douglas and Kaldi, Dunne and Crescenzi, Port House are all other restaurants that aren't takeaways.
    I guess my point is that a few places like that in Liffey Valley would be nice

Yeah would love a Wagamama in Liffey Valley too. It's always busy in Blanchardstown, so there is no reason at all why it would not do equally well in Liffey Valley. Same for Chopped. Socioeconomics in both are similar enough and on a higher level than the Square, Tallaght

We've been going to Prezzos quite a lot and we do like the food there. Can't complain about TGI Friday either - fast food pretty much, but the kids like it and they do a really good version of Buffalo wings (about the best you can get in Dublin)

So sometimes it sounds like we're all complaining a lot but LV has improved a good bit in the last year or so!

Yeah would love a Wagamama in Liffey Valley too. It's always busy in Blanchardstown, so there is no reason at all why it would not do equally well in Liffey Valley. Same for Chopped. Socioeconomics in both are similar enough and on a higher level than the Square, Tallaght

I see a gastropub is opening in the new section of Liffey Valley so hopefully that will be good quality.
    Thunders is great though. Very good quality and the kids love going there.
    I guess Dundrum is an unfair barometer for most of the other shopping centres

EDIT: yep agree with your edit 100%!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I'd actually like to see a kay's kitchen in Liffey Valley

Each to their own and all that, but I had food in Kay's kitchen in Supervalu Lucan once. It was quite pricey and not particularly good. Any time I pass that place it is (near) empty. Maybe that's a bad apple in the chain, but I can't see it last long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Each to their own and all that, but I had food in Kay's kitchen in Supervalu Lucan once. It was quite pricey and not particularly good. Any time I pass that place it is (near) empty. Maybe that's a bad apple in the chain, but I can't see it last long...

I have only used the one in Blanch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I have only used the one in Blanch

Agree the one in a SuperValu Lucan is absolutely terrible. Went once brought my mum for lunch when we were shopping, food was so bad I decided not to have anything just a coffee. Mums fish and chips were very poor quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This post has been deleted.

There's a new chopped on the nangor Road oak Road junction here:

https://goo.gl/maps/rTeobhYz2rj

Not exactly liffey valley, but handy if you're in the area

For the healthy brewers :p

Spur has gone out of business in Liffey valley, liquidation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It's gone a while I think - the unit has already been partially re let to Butler's Chocolates and the rest is being used for Santa's Grotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

wetherspoons would be on my wish list, could you imagine having a nice ale with your dinner? keep the dads happy.

The Hudson Rooms is the name of the bar that opened there recently. Haven't been in it but was open last Thursday now. Think Cosmo is the last place to open. They're advertising on the radio now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Had lunch in Cosmo on Friday. It's an all-you-can-eat international buffet, with Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Italian. Huge selection of dishes, but very average quality. Some of the dishes were quite tasty, but others were very poor. Several sections weren't open - not sure if that's the norm at lunchtime, or if they're just not open yet. Overall only ok and wouldn't rush back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Had lunch in Cosmo on Friday. It's an all-you-can-eat international buffet, with Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Italian. Huge selection of dishes, but very average quality. Some of the dishes were quite tasty, but others were very poor. Several sections weren't open - not sure if that's the norm at lunchtime, or if they're just not open yet. Overall only ok and wouldn't rush back.

I never knew Cosmo wad a chain as the only place I'd ever seen one was in Romford. Could Romford and Clondalkin have some weird exclusive connection?????

Anyway, yes it's bang average but you should see the queue outside the place every weekend here. I can only assume that people think it's a good deal as it's "all you can eat".

What was good and what was not good?

€9.99 for lunch is tempting and for the kids €4.99 and they can pick whatever they want :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

What was good and what was not good?

€9.99 for lunch is tempting and for the kids €4.99 and they can pick whatever they want :D

The good: shredded salt and chili chicken, mushroom stir fry, vegetable samosa
    The average: sweet & sour chicken, sushi
    The bad: aromatic duck, Thai curry, noodles

I thought the Indian selection was disappointing with no spicy options (no Madras, Jalfrezi). Also the Japanese section was empty apart from some sushi. Teppanyaki station was closed.

I tasted a couple of the desserts also, which were fine. It would be a great spot for kids what with all the choice. Will definitely bring my niece there over Xmas.

I thought the Indian selection was disappointing with no spicy options (no Madras, Jalfrezi). Also the Japanese section was empty apart from some sushi. Teppanyaki station was closed.

There's Madras on the menu. And from your other comments it looks like it seems to just be starting off a bit slow. I'd be more interested in most Japanese stuff and the spicier curries like yourself :D

I'll probably have a go myself soon and I'll report back here. We got some vouchers in the door the other day too, but they seem mainly to apply if you dine in groups of 3 or 4 adults at least. As in one free diner if you have 3 paying adults, etc.

Will try it over christmas at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭megaten

There's Madras on the menu. And from your other comments it looks like it seems to just be starting off a bit slow.

The lunch is a reduced selection, there's more on offer during the dinner hours though of course it's twice the price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement