Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurants Liffey Valley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

See chopped seems to be now going into Liffey Valley, where Subway was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

The subway in beside Pirates Cove is gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just back from the Hudson rooms. Good food and very good staff. Will be back.

Chips are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yep also to Hudson Rooms. Saturday lunch last weekend. Was busy but they found us a table within minutes. Loved the grub. Service a bit patchy, but lovely staff, and we were in no hurry either so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Five Guys and another as yet unnamed international restaurant brand to open in Liffey Valley according to today's Irish Times.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/five-guys-eyes-new-restaurant-in-liffey-valley-1.3621023?mode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

ongarboy wrote: »
    Five Guys and another as yet unnamed international restaurant brand to open in Liffey Valley according to today's Irish Times.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/five-guys-eyes-new-restaurant-in-liffey-valley-1.3621023?mode=amp

Will this be in the shopping centre or out beside the cinema? There's already an Eddies and a TGI Friday.

I know the stakehouse is gone from just inside, across from Boots and the other Eddies.

I don't know but I noticed Spurs Steakhouse had gone too on my recent visit so possibly that could be the Five Guys New location. I don't think I saw any vacant unit on outside that could be considered.

PS, is it not a bit silly having 2 Eddie Rockets less than 100 feet from each other. How does that make financial sense paying double rents like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't know but I noticed Spurs Steakhouse had gone too on my recent visit

Lucky man you're only being forced to visit Liffey Valley so rarely. Spur Steakhouse is gone years :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    I don't know but I noticed Spurs Steakhouse had gone too on my recent visit

Lucky man you're only being forced to visit Liffey Valley so rarely. Spur Steakhouse is gone years :pac:

Lol, sorry! What restaurant replaced Spurs that since went as well? I only go about once every 2 years so probably didn't even pass by that end on recent trips.

Lol, sorry! What restaurant replaced Spurs that since went as well? I only go about once every 2 years so probably didn't even pass by that end on recent trips.

Santa Grotto, seems to be a one hit wonder every season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,790 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Spur replaced itself as such, reopened after a decent length of time closed and then closed again. Its been the Santa thing, its been some pop up religious thing and some other uses since.

Both Eddies are jammed at busy times, better to have the customers even with the overheads of two kitchens etc than not have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Was up there this evening and Prezzo seems to be gone. Shame as it was great value, especially with the deals. But it never seemed to be busy, so not really surprised.

Prezzo is gone a few weeks now. It was always busy at the weekends and as busy as most other places during the week. Shame to see it go - one of our favourites :(

They've had awful trouble with the plumbing over the years, having to close down for the night or for several days at time. Which surely did not help the profitability at all. And maybe the deals were just a bit too good...

A new Italian looking / sounding place is opening in its premises soon, so the signs say (looking for staff)

Prezzo were in severe financial trouble and with so one branch in Ireland it would be obvious enough for the chop. Zizzi are meant to be opening there soon but I had heard it would be in the former Spur, not the Prezzo unit. They have other branches here which may help.

Any heavily UK based casual dining brand is going to have issues right now as dire consumer confidence and an economy that only seems OK due to creative reporting by the ONS combine to mean sales are through the floor.

L1011 wrote: »
    Prezzo were in severe financial trouble and with so one branch in Ireland it would be obvious enough for the chop. Zizzi are meant to be opening there soon but I had heard it would be in the former Spur, not the Prezzo unit. They have other branches here which may help.

Any heavily UK based casual dining brand is going to have issues right now as dire consumer confidence and an economy that only seems OK due to creative reporting by the ONS combine to mean sales are through the floor.

Also the stupid rents places are charging, its killing businesses. You will see some big shops going next year, M&S could be one

Also the stupid rents places are charging, its killing businesses. You will see some big shops going next year, M&S could be one

Think they'll muddle through - but I would absolutely not hold on to a retailer or group specific giftcard for any retailer, and especially a UK based retailer, for any time at all if given one at Christmas this year. Spend immediately; there will be a bloodbath in January. And don't even consider giving one as a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sizzlers

Prezzo didn't accept Tesco clubcard vouchers here either (but they can be used in the UK), while milano do. When feeding big tables of kids I would always use Tesco clubcard boosted vouchers.

Was the "kids eat for €1" deal (starter, main course, dessert and drink) that was on all the time still too expensive for you? :p

Milano should only ever be used with an offer of some kind - 33% off at least is usually facile to find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Milano should only ever be used with an offer of some kind - 33% off at least is usually facile to find

heading to liffey valley tomorrow. where to go currently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 sizzlers

unkel wrote: »
    Was the "kids eat for €1" deal (starter, main course, dessert and drink) that was on all the time still too expensive for you? :p

:) I actually didn't even know they did an offer that cheap. Milano costs me nothing with the tesco ones! :p

http://www.milanooffers.ie/ for the person going today.

Thanks for the tip! I still have some Tesco vouchers. Must give that a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,880 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Zizzi are meant to be opening there soon

I thought part of the job of 'morkeshing experts' was to ensure your business name didn't mean 'penis' in French.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

I thought part of the job of 'morkeshing experts' was to ensure your business name didn't mean 'penis' in French.

In Brexit Britain, where do you find someone who speaks French? :pac:

Haven't been over to Liffey Valley in months - any progress on those drive thru restaurants being proposed near the car dealerships? They had the area cordoned off and some advance works underway when I was last there late summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Haven't been over to Liffey Valley in months - any progress on those drive thru restaurants being proposed near the car dealerships? They had the area cordoned off and some advance works underway when I was last there late summer.

The frames of the buildings are now erected and I'd imagine the cladding will start going up in the next few weeks. Looks like they should be ready by the summer. It also looks like something else is being squeezed in between the Arc and the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Heroditas wrote: »
    The frames of the buildings are now erected and I'd imagine the cladding will start going up in the next few weeks. Looks like they should be ready by the summer. It also looks like something else is being squeezed in between the Arc and the hotel.

That's the new gym

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    That's the new gym

Supposed to be opening before the end of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Jayzis it's an American Mall type set up now with all these "healthy eateries" that you can drive through.

I don't live too far away but I think I have been there three times in the last five years. But each to their own.

Would much rather a ramble through the CC and order online for anything else.

Maybe just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jayzis it's an American Mall type set up now with all these "healthy eateries" that you can drive through.

I don't live too far away but I think I have been there three times in the last five years. But each to their own.

Would much rather a ramble through the CC and order online for anything else.

Maybe just me?

Healthy???! I assume you're taking the proverbial.

Advertisement