Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs V City Live Thread Saturday 12:45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Man City, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Argentina. Think you need to look a little harder!
    Exactly. I've watched him playing for them all, and apart from being better than Coloccini(:p), I can't see one single attribute that suggests why he has had the career that he has. I know there must be something, or he wouldn't be where he is, but I can't see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

L'prof wrote: »
    Saw a replay of de Bruyne there, he was definitely off. Officials terrible for both calls!

Harsh criticising the first offside call. Completely marginal and arent they told to give benefit of doubt to the attacker? I'd have given the benefit to De Bruyne watching it in real time.

Exactly. I've watched him playing for them all, and apart from being better than Coloccini(:p), I can't see one single attribute that suggests why he has had the career that he has. I know there must be something, or he wouldn't be where he is, but I can't see it.

One single attribute - he's a centre half and is built like a garden shed. There you go!

To be serious he's nothing special at all. I didnt think City should have bought him but he played very well for Malaga under Pellegrini. Demechelis looks like City's best defender when they play good teams in the Champions League. Which is a sign that he knows how to defend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Hard to believe Spurs went in there 1-1..... Very lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Harsh criticising the first offside call. Completely marginal and arent they told to give benefit of doubt to the attacker? I'd have given the benefit to De Bruyne watching it in real time.
    You're on or you're off, he was off, luckily it's evened out.
    Now demis yellow is harsh but that's his own fault. Time to put pressure on him to get a second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

One single attribute - he's a centre half and is built like a garden shed. There you go!
    He tackles, moves and makes decisions like a garden too from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Off is off, he was about a step off. In real time these decisions are difficult but when you see this at the right angle you'd hope the officials could get it right. Anyway, more tech needed in the game to eliminate needless poor decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

JPA wrote: »
    Awful player.

Talented player, poor decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

De B was not offside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Sterling has been quite poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Walker and Aguero having a wrestling match there!

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Sterling has been quite poor.

That's because he's an awful footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great stuff

It's in!! Thought that was in the side netting!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lovely, keep it up Spurs.

• Advertisement

He tackles, moves and makes decisions like a garden too from what I can see.

I wouldnt have been far off your thinking at all when he first signed for City. I have changed my mind somewhat. Also, for what it's worth, i saw Collocini give a brilliant defensive performance for Deportivo La Coruna live in the Nou Camp in 2006. He stopped wave after wave of attacks from Messi, Ronaldnho and Eto. He went to Milan after that i think

Shouldn't have been a free to begin with. Kane got it very handily!

Jaysus wheres Caballero off too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Caballero fairly poor for that one

Been a good signing for spurs, silly Willy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was definitely a free, but Otamedni should never have gotten into that position. Terrible goalkeeping as well.

Come on Spurs!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Off is off, he was about a step off. In real time these decisions are difficult but when you see this at the right angle you'd hope the officials could get it right. Anyway, more tech needed in the game to eliminate needless poor decisions.

how do you not interrupt the flow of the game in either case. Either you stop the play after the goal celebrations which is bizarre or how do you restart it if it is judged onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Willy flapping about there.

Utd could be top in a few hours. I thought City would walk the league after there start TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sterling has been below par

You're on or you're off
    Off is off

I know. I was discussing the linesman's decision and how it couldnt be described as a terrible call given how marginal it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Can't complain about the legitimacy of that goal, unfortunately. Caballero, on the other hand, I can certainly complain about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What does Demichelis bring to a football team? I've been watching him for quite a few years now and I keep thinking there must be something I'm missing. But I'm sorry, I just can't see it.

He has spent most of his City career bailing Kompany out.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd could be top in a few hours. I thought City would walk the league after there start TBH.

Good confidence booster for Man U if they go top.... But there's no way they'll win the league

Harry Kane, it is time to start scoring against United's rivals.

• Advertisement

There are no really good teams in the league this year. It will be City or Chelsea but it will be a close and exciting race amongst the top teams. Dont expect any change in the Champions League performance though, English teams are falling behind for the past few years in that respect

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can always rely on City to make things difficult for themselves.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Toure injured now. Christ, how many more injuries are we going to get in this spell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Amazed Spurs have anything here, due to how dyer they were for most of the 1st half.

City really do switch off when they get on top of teams.

No red, **** off ref

And take a hike city

This is great.

KANE!! 3-1!! :D

WooHoo Harry Kane, Yeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

He is on my fantasy league team, finally he scored...

• Advertisement

Offside again i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

These linesmen..

That offside miss from the linesman was very basic.

Amazed Spurs have anything here, due to how dyer they were for most of the 1st half.

Watching the wrong game??

That free kick was a cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That Kane reminds me of a younger Martial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nice free kick, Kane definitely offside.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Harry Kane, it is time to start scoring against United's rivals.

Less than 10 minutes for him to respond to my post :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

City well on top in first half, spurs better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

dfx- wrote: »
    how do you not interrupt the flow of the game in either case. Either you stop the play after the goal celebrations which is bizarre or how do you restart it if it is judged onside.

That's up to the powers that be to decide. For de Bruyne play was stopped anyway so no issue there, restart with a free. For Dier play carries on until the ref is told that it was offside. If offending team still have ball then free out otherwise play on. I don't think it would affect the flow of the game as much as people fear.

Fair play to Spurs, didn't see this happening!

Something needs doing about the standard of officiating now. It's a farce.

• Advertisement
Advertisement