Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc brakes Judder

Options
  • 26-09-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

I bought a Genesis CDA 10 which came with
    TRP Spyre-C w/ 160 Rotors & Jagwire KEB-SL Compresionless brakes

I find the brakes judder a lot especially under pressure.
    Is there a bedding in process is something else causing this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

You might need to get the rotor trued or it might just be a case of waiting for the pads to bed in. Find a nice hill and give them a good run down it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,069 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Judder is not normal and won't go away with bedding in. Bedding in just transfers pad material to the rotor, it won't straighten out a warped rotor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Everything being tight it is more than likely a defective rotor then?

It looks to be running true

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

As Lumen said...this is not normal.

Check your skewers... headset...etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I got a new bike a while back with disc brakes and also had a bit of a strange thing going on on the front brake, turned out to be a slightly loose headset, which was probably caused by the stem bolts not being quite tight enough. Probably a good idea with a new bike to check after a few weeks the various bolts to make sure everything is tightened to spec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement