Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park and Restaurant help.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If you're coming from Cork, the cost of parking in Dublin city centre compared to parking Red Cow & return Luas tickets isn't worth the extra hassle of the Luas IMO

I'd suggest heading into IKEA as early as possible. Drive into city centre and spend the afternoon there. It'll work out cheaper than LUAS/park & ride. Jervis is max of €12 a day for example
    Bane wrote: »
    Thanks again for the help guys. OK, will head to IKEA then Whitehall Church for free parking, then bus to city. :) Now trying to find a good restaurant hopefully within waking distance in the city, unless it's really worth it. Anybody hear of Aqua restaurant in Howth?

Howth is a fair drive from the city centre. You're talking Cork City to Mitchelstown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Bane wrote: »
    Thanks again for the help guys. OK, will head to IKEA then Whitehall Church for free parking, then bus to city. :) Now trying to find a good restaurant hopefully within waking distance in the city, unless it's really worth it. Anybody hear of Aqua restaurant in Howth?

Aqua is nice but I wouldn't bother with the trek out. The trocadero is nice, chez max, chapter one, all good spots in the city centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Dodge wrote: »
    If you're coming from Cork, the cost of parking in Dublin city centre compared to parking Red Cow & return Luas tickets isn't worth the extra hassle of the Luas IMO

I'd suggest heading into IKEA as early as possible. Drive into city centre and spend the afternoon there. It'll work out cheaper than LUAS/park & ride. Jervis is max of €12 a day for example

Howth is a fair drive from the city centre. You're talking Cork City to Mitchelstown...

Ok thanks! IKEA first then Jervis car park in the city. :) Now to nail down a few restaurants in the city and I'll be sorted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Oh and another thing. I'm pretty sure there's two tolls to be paid for one way, is there manned booths in these tolls? Or so they have to be paid via online? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Dodge wrote:
    I'd suggest heading into IKEA as early as possible.

Check the opening hours for Ikea, I think it opens around 10 or 11.
    Bane wrote:
    Oh and another thing. I'm pretty sure there's two tolls to be paid for one way, is there manned booths in these tolls? Or so they have to be paid via online? Thanks!

The M8 toll can be paid in cash or by card. The M50 can be paid online or in any Payzone agent - it can't be paid at the toll itself. It must be paid by 8pm the *following* day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Could anyone reccomend a reasonably priced overnight car park near the Trinity Hotel? Is the Jervis St one far from there?
    Its 10eu from 18.00 to 10.00. Any other options

Advertisement