Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term broadband

Options
  • 26-09-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Need a solution for workable short-term broadband. Will be living for 3 - 6 months in a house where I already have a THREE mobile broadband device. That has been fine for occasional short visits as I just restricted data usage to absolute essentials. But now this will be all day every day. I do not want to get tied into a long contract that will be very expensive overall. Anyone know how I can get max data allowance on mobile broadband? As I see it at the moment, I can get a 30 day pass giving me 7.5 GB. I don't mind buying more than 1 pass in a month, but even that won't come close to meeting my needs. I do see another pass for 30 days offering 20GB, but I think that may be an add-on for data on a mobile phone, not the wifi device. The house is in Kenmare, Co Kerry.

Or alternatively, anyone got ideas for a different and better short-term solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This is the Newbies & FAQ forum. Its purpose is for users to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

The question you have asked does not belong here. You'd have much better luck if you asked in our Broadband forum, and take it from there.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 echristie

Hi Shield, Thanks for that. I tried to post in "Broadband" yesterday but the site blocked it - new rule that if you have under 25 previous posts you are classed as a Newbie and can therefore only post in that section. Seems to be different today. Not seeing an error message, but I am also not finding my latest post. Tricky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The 25 post limit only applies to posting links, not to starting threads. But with the two posts in here, and the two threads you've started in broadband, you're now past the limit.

Advertisement