Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INTEREST?

Options
  • 26-09-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just checking my 365 online and noticed a charge of 44c marked 'INTEREST' on my current account - dated yesterday. Just wondering what it could be about? 
    The notified fees went out the same day but that was a separate transaction - could it be related to that? 
    I haven't gone overdrawn on the account or anything and can't think why I'd be charged interest on anything?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just checking my 365 online and noticed a charge of 44c marked 'INTEREST' on my current account - dated yesterday. Just wondering what it could be about? 
    The notified fees went out the same day but that was a separate transaction - could it be related to that? 
    I haven't gone overdrawn on the account or anything and can't think why I'd be charged interest on anything?

Hi Bradt Pitt,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

You can be charged interest for a number of reasons, without account access to check this for you, we would be unable to advise you here. You can query this Interest fee on 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option. Our colleagues will then be happy to check back over the previous fee quarter for you and advise you what this relates to.

Alternatively you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 to speak with a representative. This phone line is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Bradt Pitt wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Bradt Pitt,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

You can be charged interest for a number of reasons, without account access to check this for you, we would be unable to advise you here. You can query this Interest fee on 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option. Our colleagues will then be happy to check back over the previous fee quarter for you and advise you what this relates to.

Alternatively you can call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 to speak with a representative. This phone line is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Ok I'll do that, thanks Sarah

Advertisement