Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prince2 official manual

Options
  • 26-09-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I an doing some self study for this exam, at the moment I'm using CBT videos - should this be enough for the foundation?

Is buying the official manual a must for the practitioner? If so- If anyone is finished with theirs and wants to sell, please pm me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

hi cojomo,

thinking of doing the prince2 cert also, have a look here on any info you need on the exam.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/project-management-certifications/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

zweton wrote: »
    hi cojomo,

thinking of doing the prince2 cert also, have a look here on any info you need on the exam.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/project-management-certifications/

Thanks Zweton,

I think I'm nearly ready for the foundation exam now. I assume I can sit both exams without attending a Prince2 course? Are you going down the self study route yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I did Prince 2 last year through Fas in loughlinstown . a day a week for 5 weeks.
    The foundation requires you to know the book inside out.
    The practitioner is a case study and all the answers are in the study. You make no assumptions.
    A Google will give you a PDF of the book.

I did Prince 2 last year through Fas in loughlinstown . a day a week for 5 weeks.
    The foundation requires you to know the book inside out.
    The practitioner is a case study and all the answers are in the study. You make no assumptions.
    A Google will give you a PDF of the book.

Thanks Julien Lazy Fridge.

I'm not using the book, I'm using CBT and takink notes. I'm 70% through the course and feel I have a good understanding. I have taken a couple of practice exams and passed both so should be fine for the foundation in a few weeks time.

Is the Practitioner a big jump up? Yeah I though about getting a PDF of the book, however will they allow you bring that into the exam ? I assume only the official book will be allowed in?

Do you plan to work as a PM in the future?
    Thanks

The foundation needs the exact answers from the the book. No books in the exam

The foundation is practical and open book but you won't have time to look it up

• Advertisement

Thanks- If anyone ans the book and is open to selling it, please PM me, thanks

Just got the foundation out of the way.

Has anyone taken a web proctored exam? Seems like this is the only option for the practitioner if you have not signed up for an expensive course..

Also, there seems to be many companies offering the exam, Peoplecert, Exin etc - do you have to be careful, are there companies offering exams that are not authorised? There seems to be big differences in pricing..

Thanks

cojomo2 wrote: »

Has anyone taken a web proctored exam? Seems like this is the only option for the practitioner if you have not signed up for an expensive course..

Also, there seems to be many companies offering the exam, Peoplecert, Exin etc - do you have to be careful, are there companies offering exams that are not authorised? There seems to be big differences in pricing..

Thanks

There are companies that offer you a seat to do the exam in their centre.
    Exin and Axelos are well known.
    I did the foundation at home.
    Had to record my desk and surrounds for no books etc.

There are companies that offer you a seat to do the exam in their centre.
    Exin and Axelos are well known.
    I did the foundation at home.
    Had to record my desk and surrounds for no books etc.

Thanks. I rang loads of placesand got the same answer - you have to do our course first. I took the foundation exam in an exam centre with pearson vue/exin, but they said they couldn't offer the practitioner.

I have found 2 places online, Exin and Peoplecert, both web proctored, with Peoplecert being a fair bit more expensive -are they both genuine/authorised examiners from Prince2 Practitioner?

Thanks. I rang loads of placesand got the same answer - you have to do our course first. I took the foundation exam in an exam centre with pearson vue/exin, but they said they couldn't offer the practitioner.

I have found 2 places online, Exin and Peoplecert, both web proctored, with Peoplecert being a fair bit more expensive -are they both genuine/authorised examiners from Prince2 Practitioner?
    Try the exam centre

Ive done exams with exin with Fas who also run the course for free.
    Try the ETB in loughlinstown.

• Advertisement

Try the exam centre

Ive done exams with exin with Fas who also run the course for free.
    Try the ETB in loughlinstown.

Thanks, tried the Exam Centre - foundationexam only.

I work full time so dont think ETB would be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Thanks, tried the Exam Centre - foundationexam only.

I work full time so dont think ETB would be an option?

I have the official books, however sounds like you need to attend the official course in order to do the exam anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Thanks

Do you mind me asking how much work/study was involved in the foundation and how mush it cost to just sit the exam?

think I need to do this to expand my career opportunities, but a 3 day course for the foundation is a bit excessive if it can be done online at a cheaper cost

Andalucia wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much work/study was involved in the foundation and how mush it cost to just sit the exam?

think I need to do this to expand my career opportunities, but a 3 day course for the foundation is a bit excessive if it can be done online at a cheaper cost

Hi, I cant remember the foundation exam cost, but it was less that 200, about 150 I think.

This exam was fairly easy, if you read the book, or watch and make a few notes you will be fine. If you have access to CBT Nuggets, you can just watch the videos. I put in about 25 hours altogether I'd say.

The Practitioner is a lot more challenging. On top of the 25 hours, I did about another 15. You do not have to attend a course to sit this exam..several companies offer a proctored exam (at home via your web cam) for about 350 euro.

Best of luck.

Advertisement