Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax as a Web Designer

Options
  • 26-09-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All

I've started up my own Web Design business, registered with CRO, registered with Revenue (if they ever return the cert) but I'm wondering how much tax I should be adding onto quotes/invoices?

All advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi All

I've started up my own Web Design business, registered with CRO, registered with Revenue (if they ever return the cert) but I'm wondering how much tax I should be adding onto quotes/invoices?

All advice appreciated!

Did you register for VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 speedytyper

Did you register for VAT?

Hi

I filled in and submitted tr1, but waiting on the cert back, that was a good while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi

I filled in and submitted tr1, but waiting on the cert back, that was a good while ago.

I'll repeat my question, did you register for VAT? You can register for one or all of several tax types on a TR1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi All

All advice appreciated!

What cert are you waiting on? Did you register for VAT?
    You may wish to read the below and then speak to an accountant and/or others in your field.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/running/registering-tax.html#section7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I also just recently set up a web design business. If you are registered for VAT, then you need to add 23% onto your quotes. I registered for VAT from September 1st and you should register for VAT if you project your gross to be in excess of the threshhold, which is about 33k in a 12 month period. I am still waiting for my VAT registration to be complete though, but I still add VAT to the invoices, as I am supposed to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement