Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supermoon lunar eclipse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Yep - clear skies and a lovely, big bright moon tonight in Dublin.

Here's hoping it stays like that for tomorrow night (well, not the "bright" obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭ps200306

Irish Met says it will be cloudy tomorrow and overnight. BBC/UK Met is less pessimistic. Cloudy in the west at eclipse time, but clear in the north and along the Cork/Waterford coasts. East coast may be hit and miss, but mostly cloudy.

Is Ireland the only country that can have wall to wall high pressure and still be cloudy? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

And here she is tonight .....

Hopefully the skies will be as clear tomorrow night!

21553353858_a7519bbe76_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some nice clear skies out there this evening, if anyone gets some good shots of the moon rising please post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭OldRio

The moon tonight looks spectacular at the moment. A glow around it. Stunning.
    Not sure if I can remain awake for the main event:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

get the feck in. it looks spectacular tonight. as it pushes up from the horizon it will appear smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I'm working nights outdoors tonight so can't wait for this . Knowing my luck it will be cloudy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

The Supermoon itself looks amazing! Hope I can stay awake to see the eclipse later on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Not great quality but it is quite misty here in Limerick :D

misty%20moon_zps1cix8rbm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Just waiting for the moon to move up a bit higher from the bushes to see it in the garden, but quite cloudy/misty at the moment in Co. Dublin just like that picture above. It might clear up later hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bonedigger

Unfortunately, the horizon was a little cloudy this evening, but here's a few shots of the moon rising above the Wicklow mountains. These shots were taken from the Curragh in Co.Kildare.

21579114808_405fd93dd9_c.jpg

21767164085_d4f039760d_c.jpg

21578897648_f785c6d3bf_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

is the eclipse still set for a little after 01:00? was going to video it but unfortunately didnt realise it was gonna take nearly 6 hours to do! whats a good way to record this event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

breadbin wrote: »
    is the eclipse still set for a little after 01:00?
    I think I saw 2am on one site? I actually came here to find out... I thought there'd be more buzz about it on here.

[edit] Good site that shows time vs coverage: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/ireland/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

yeah me too. everyone interested is probably watching it though or getting sleep before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Starts at 1.10, peaks at 3.10.

Looks like a normal moon at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Camera and telescope at the ready, and a lot of coffee! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Should I be seeing some kind of change? The moon looks kinda the same it did an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Okay. Looks like something may be starting now. Did they forget we move the clocks an hour or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

breadbin wrote: »
    yeah me too. everyone interested is probably watching it though or getting sleep before it.

I intended on getting sleep before it, then I looked outside and saw the moon from my window and decided I'd rather not miss any of it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Theres a nice wee bite out of the moon now. Clear skies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

very clear down here in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I wonder how long the cloud will hold off, very lucky so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Been trying to take photos of the moon for ages and finally one comes good. I don't believe it.
    363988.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Sorry to break it to you mate, but you're missing the top left part of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nice shot :)

Clear in Dublin. Looks like it will stay clear for a while. I have a perfect view from my window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Just the start of the eclipse.

Peregrine wrote: »
    Nice shot :)

Clear in Dublin. Looks like it will stay clear for a while. I have a perfect view from my window.

I'm taking the photos from Dublin! :-)

Went out again:
    363989.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Just WOW:)

• Advertisement

Getting darker. My camera is finding it really hard to focus now :-/
    363990.png

Advertisement