Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Din Plug Adaptors/Sligo

Options
  • 26-09-2015 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know I might locally get an adaptor for a 5 pin din plug to phono? Converting old record player/turntable to use with amp. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Kettleson wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know I might locally get an adaptor for a 5 pin din plug to phono? Converting old record player/turntable to use with amp. Thanks.

Maybe give AVA up in Finisklin a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Have you tried Tahenys in Market St.? Or JJ McMorrow in High St. It wouldn't be a common thing to look for anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Cheers folks, I'll check them out. You can buy them on the net, but I'd prefer to buy local.

I'd be thinking a few will be dusting down the old turntables to play vinyl again.

I was browsing the shops today, one of the charity shops had old 7" vinyl singles at €2:50 and the Record Room is selling used 70's and 80's 7" singles from €3:50 to €5. You couldn't give them away a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Might be no harm to ask in the Record Room too. The lads there have been around for a while!! Let us know how you get on.

red sean wrote: »
    Might be no harm to ask in the Record Room too. The lads there have been around for a while!! Let us know how you get on.

I never thought of them...I'll pop in tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can get an amp serviced locally? (There is a place in Galway, but I cant be bothered driving it there).

Thanks

• Advertisement

red sean wrote: »

Record Room, close, but no cigar. Might have to purchase on-line or have rewired with new rca's.

This is the sorta thing I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Kettleson wrote:
    I was browsing the shops today, one of the charity shops had old 7" vinyl singles at €2:50 and the Record Room is selling used 70's and 80's 7" singles from €3:50 to €5. You couldn't give them away a few years ago.

Why are they so dear? And what is the attraction of them? I can understand vinyl albums' resurgence in popularity but 7" singles?Just wondering as I have a quite a few at home.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/goodlife/11592082/Who-really-buys-vinyl-The-answer-will-surprise-you.html

Maybe some answers for you here.

CD's always sounded a bit too clean to me. Some of the ambience was lost.

For me particularly it was the size of the speakers and amp that I missed, everything seems to have gotten smaller, most people listening to music over iPhones or headphones. It's a different experience.

Nobody seems to be annoying the neighbours with loud music anymore.

Of course you can get big amps and speakers for CD players, but that doesn't seem to be popular anymore either.

There is a difference in sound and a bit of nostalgia too.

PS: Vinyl is more expensive to produce due to the cost of materials and the fact that most pressing factories closed down and little competition.

Advertisement