Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage issues with large multinational.

Options
  • 26-09-2015 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I work for a large pharmacy chain and have been having numeerous problems with my wages.

The cut off point for monthly pay is never specified (nobody I work with seems to know this), and its quite important as I work p/t and when I do extra shifts I never have an exact idea of what I'm owed.

I am constantly being underpaid for the extra hours done (as are other p/t staff), and we have to chase our manager to get them paid (into the next months wages).

I worked full time a lot over the summer but was left short numerous times.

Today I got my payslip and I seem to have been deducted 300 euro in backpay (and also 100 euro for going home sick 3/4 of the way through a day).

Other staff have never seen this, but it was suggested to me that maybe I have been overpaid and this is what the deduction is.

If I had been overpaid (and I really don't think I have, I feel I've been screwed over numerous times on extra hours) ...should I have been informed of this and the fact that they were going to take 300 euro out of my account?

I was also left short again (just on my basic set hours), they usually say it will come in the next months paypacket - but because of the deduction I'm too broke to wait for that. Am i entitled to ask for it as soon as possible?

Also we have no idea how to get in touch with payroll. Our manager logs the hours and send them to them. I'm presuming in Dublin, but maybe in the UK.

Can anyone let me know if there's anything I can do (even if I can ask for the 50ish quid sick pay I'm owed?)

Thank you.

Advertisement