Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Me

Options
  • 26-09-2015 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi folks,

So iv'e spent the last few days researching and finding out whats really going on in the tech world and i won't lie, its confusing!

So basically i'm looking to try out Android phones, i'm fed up with everything iPhone related i just can't stand the products i myself have a beat up iPhone 4 which is near death so i'm asking you good people the following questions, but first i'll emphasis on what iv'e learnt about in the past couple of days.

So here's what i know ( i think ) there's Android and then there's skins of Android like OxygenOS, CyanogenMod, ColorOS etc. Whats the best, and what are they exactly?

Phones companies iv'e only recently discovered are as follows, Oppo, OnePlus, Motorola ( i thought they died out centuries ago lol ) WileyFox and that's all that caught my attention.
    Any more i should know about?

In short i'd like a simple design, don't mind the size, it would have to be fast/snappy, memory to hold mostly music and a handful of apps Facebook, Twitter etc.
    Good camera both front and rear also the quality is important, i don't want a phone that's all plastic and very light that's what puts me off i'd like to think what i'm holding has been carefully crafted.

Yes, i'm an android/phone noob but i'd like the help of experienced smart phone holders and people who know about a phones guts and whats good and whats not.

Thanks,
    oxw
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

I'd recommend the Huawei G7 . 13mp back camera 5mp front camera 16gb storage 5.5 inch screen and it's under 300 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 oxw

I'll look into it, Thank You very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

What is your budget?

Are you looking to get the phone on contract (subsidised) or purchase your phone SIM free.

How did you purchase your iPhone 4?

When people have asked me for advise on going from iPhone to Android, iphone users seem to want to compare a 500 or 600+ euro iphone to a 150 EUR Android phone. Of course there's going to be no comparison! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 oxw

My budget would be around 400 as of now, in a few months maybe 500!

SIM free, I just got out of a contract that I went on to get the iPhone 4!

Thank god I'm not your typical Apple user so lol I'm not into the whole comparison amongst Android and Apple which seem to be never ending arguments amongst kids xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Try the Vodafone smart ultra 6 and get it unlocked.
    See BA for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'd recommend the Huawei G7 . 13mp back camera 5mp front camera 16gb storage 5.5 inch screen and it's under 300 euro

Why get this when you can get the Smart Ultra 6 for nearly half the price unlocked? Also, this only has a 720p screen. Ultra 6 is 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

agree - G7 is the business. Using one at the moment.

Advertisement