Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6s, all the new features.

• 26-09-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

I'm astonished at how fast the fingerprint unlocks the phone. I had to check that I had it activated, works almost instantaneously. Still getting the hang of Force Touch. Great addition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah the Touch ID is insanely fast. I'm going to have to relearn how to use my phone because I'm used to checking the time and notifications quickly by pressing the home button, but Touch ID is so quick now that the phone is already unlocked before I can read the time. I'll need to get used to using the power button instead.

3D Touch should be interesting when more third parties begin using it, at the moment it feels like a tech demo. It's cool though. It does have a very cool hidden feature that I found by accident, when you're typing some text, hard press on the keyboard and it'll turn into a trackpad, very handy!

I'm very inpressed with the camera, especially the video. Coming from a 5s, the 1080p 60fps stabilised videos look amazing. Images are really good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Great photos Ghost... Very sharp. You take them yourself?

Great photos Ghost... Very sharp. You take them yourself?

Yep!

I've yet to properly test out low light images, but daytime shots are very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great photos. Not helping me hold off buying one :-(

A few more random pics I've snapped today/yesterday if anyone wants to see the quality of photos from it. They're definitely not bad quality, and considering they're pictures from a phone they're fairly impressive!

6S plus by the way.

• Advertisement

Meh, I tried to attach a few but boards said they were too big. Might post more tomorrow if anyone wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Very nice.
    I'm interested... Post away.
    I won't have mine for another few weeks :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Meh, I tried to attach a few but boards said they were too big. Might post more tomorrow if anyone wants.

Man, the Apple Store looks a lot messier than I remember it.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

3D Touch is a nice feature I have it set to light I think it works better. Touch ID is lighting quick on the 6s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Tip for TouchId that I use on my 6.

Register your thumb, index and middle of your dominant hand and your thumb on your non-dominant hand. When you don't want to unlock the phone and check the time.

Then when you buy an Apple Watch just use that for the time and register your non-dominant hand's index finger for your last TouchId finger :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Or else just press the sleep/wake button on the side.

I know it's very early days how are fellow 6s owners finding the battery life so far?

I know it's very early days how are fellow 6s owners finding the battery life so far?

Got the phone yesterday and first full day was poor but I guess thats down to having set my phone up as a new device; installing all my new apps, downloaded 11gb music on wifi, iCloud photo library indexing & things like that. Should know more during the week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Only got mine yesterday morning, and it's the exact same as my 6plus, if not marginally better...

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Or else just press the sleep/wake button on the side.

But then you won't have a watch :pac:

Took this photo this evening. No photo expert but it looks nice to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Straighten the roof of the warehouse so it's completely horizontal and that'll look fantastic.

Also someone asked about battery life.

Second day. Consisted mostly of Facebook, Messages, Twitter, Snapchat, Safari & some photos and some 4K video shooting at the beach. Most browsing done while in the car struggling to find signal.

Second day. Consisted mostly of Facebook, Messages, Twitter, Snapchat, Safari & some photos and some 4K video shooting at the beach. Most browsing done while in the car struggling to find signal.

That's poor I charged the phone fully at 23:30 Saturday night mostly used for calls and safari browsing and Viber sound cloud etc the phone has not been switched off and I'm at 32% I can't post stats as the phone rebooted yesterday evening and cleared them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

That's poor I charged the phone fully at 23:30 Saturday night mostly used for calls and safari browsing and Viber sound cloud etc the phone has not been switched off and I'm at 32% I can't post stats as the phone rebooted yesterday evening and cleared them.

Same here with stats, got a reboot and cleared them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The struggling to find signal will kill your battery. Most of the other stuff seems to be low %

The struggling to find signal will kill your battery. Most of the other stuff seems to be low %

Yeah was on Edge/3G for the most part of the day whilst driving and at the beach so I'm not too concerned about the battery just yet.

I have most things turned off tho should be able to get 8 hours usage going forward when connected to WiFi more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was anyone here a iPhone 6/6+ user and upgraded to a 6s/6s+?

Thinking of selling and upgrading again and was wondering is it worth while?

App switcher using 3D Touch is a another handy feature.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Was anyone here a iPhone 6/6+ user and upgraded to a 6s/6s+?

Thinking of selling and upgrading again and was wondering is it worth while?

Yep, i had a 64gb 6 Plus, upgraded to the 64gb 6s Plus.

There really was no need for me to upgrade, other than i wanted to, the new features are awesome, the camera is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

App switcher using 3D Touch is a another handy feature.

What's involved in that ?

Force Touch the left hand side of the screen and swipe right and the multi-tasking switcher comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Can't get it to work! :P

Force touch anywhere on the homescreen is it? Or within an app?

Edit - I got it :P

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Force Touch harder to select text too, this is going to be a life saver when I buy my next iPhone.

Advertisement