Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6s, all the new features.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Does anyone actually keep their screen brightness up to max for everyday use?
    I love the pop when it's up fully but find the phone over heats (5s) and that rather than battery life is why I keep it halfway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

I'm finding 3D Touch hit or miss at the moment anybody else finding anything similar.

Ive increased the sensitivity but i think it still needs too much pressure to activate- a long press jesture would have worked just as well in most cases(web links and email) and not needed special hardware?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I'm finding 3D Touch hit or miss at the moment anybody else finding anything similar.

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

As an Apple Watch owner my Bluetooth is always on I do have push set to off

Is that a global push is off or just certain apps white listed? I have to admit I'd find the watch to be a Siri on the wrist if I had no notifications going to it.

Curious to see how you find the watch with no notifications coming through to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Is that a global push is off or just certain apps white listed? I have to admit I'd find the watch to be a Siri on the wrist if I had no notifications going to it.

Curious to see how you find the watch with no notifications coming through to it.

No I have e-mail push set to off I have all notifications coming into the Apple Watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

breeno wrote: »
    Lads,

How much space do people with a 16gb 6s have left for apps and photos etc. Looking to get one close to release date but the 64gb might be too much of a push financially at the moment. Will I be disappointed I got the 16gb in a few months time? Don't mind using I cloud if it works well and photos are easily accessible etc.

Cheers.

Apologies for the shameless bump

Anybody have any opinions on this 16gb query?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

breeno wrote: »
    Apologies for the shameless bump

Anybody have any opinions on this 16gb query?

I had all the 16gb iPhones since the first 16gb phone, because I was too cheap to pay for the larger capacities. With iCloud Photo Library saving only thumbnails to your device and Apple Music or Spotify streaming music to you, you'll still have plenty of space left. And that's with a handful of apps installed too. So yeah, you can manage just fine on 16gb. You might still even have about 7-8gb free if you're not a big app-downloader or video-watcher.

Having said that, my 6S is the first 64gb iPhone I've bought, and I don't regret it. I like to save plenty of music for offline listening, so now I don't need to worry about space. The camera makes for great videos when I'm away on holiday and I don't need to worry about a 500mb video file taking up a chunk of storage. Basically 64gb means not having to care about space, whereas 16gb means you'll always have one eye on the storage left over.

If 64gb is a bit of a stretch financially I'd suggest the 16gb is probably a bit of a stretch too, as these phones aren't cheap. My advice: stick away a bit of money for a month or two and go for 64gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭breeno

Zcott wrote: »
    I had all the 16gb iPhones since the first 16gb phone, because I was too cheap to pay for the larger capacities. With iCloud Photo Library saving only thumbnails to your device and Apple Music or Spotify streaming music to you, you'll still have plenty of space left. And that's with a handful of apps installed too. So yeah, you can manage just fine on 16gb. You might still even have about 7-8gb free if you're not a big app-downloader or video-watcher.

Having said that, my 6S is the first 64gb iPhone I've bought, and I don't regret it. I like to save plenty of music for offline listening, so now I don't need to worry about space. The camera makes for great videos when I'm away on holiday and I don't need to worry about a 500mb video file taking up a chunk of storage. Basically 64gb means not having to care about space, whereas 16gb means you'll always have one eye on the storage left over.

If 64gb is a bit of a stretch financially I'd suggest the 16gb is probably a bit of a stretch too, as these phones aren't cheap. My advice: stick away a bit of money for a month or two and go for 64gb.

Thanks for the input. It's not a lack of finance as such , just might be a stretch convincing the other half the more expensive phone is worth it when we're saving for a wedding at the end of the year haha. Maybe I'll buy the 64 and say it's a 16!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It used to be enough, but I’m having a hard time managing with 16GB these days. Even with iCloud Photo Library and Apple Music/Match, I still find myself running out of space. Some of the iWork apps are very large. Ditto games. I also download podcasts. I’d like to the hold out for the iPhone 7 or 6c, but am seriously considering upgrading sooner just for the storage upgrade.

Advertisement