Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation - working in Tuam

Options
  • 27-09-2015 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks, I'm sure you're sick of people seeking accommodation in Galway. This one is a bit of a last minute.com. I'm trying to help someone who is moving to Galway for work. He has been looking for a house share all weekend without success. He needs something for this week, hotel prices are mental and he hates the thoughts of doing b&b. Anyone know of any short lets/self catering or anything he could book at short notice for 5 nights from tomorrow.

Comments

jos28 wrote: »
    Sorry folks, I'm sure you're sick of people seeking accommodation in Galway. This one is a bit of a last minute.com. I'm trying to help someone who is moving to Galway for work. He has been looking for a house share all weekend without success. He needs something for this week, hotel prices are mental and he hates the thoughts of doing b&b. Anyone know of any short lets/self catering or anything he could book at short notice for 5 nights from tomorrow.

The Connacht hotel have apartments that might be suitable though the price might be nuts on them.

Honestly, B&B might be his best option at this stage.

What part of the city is the job, I might be able to recommend a B&B or two

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks DaCor, I have to agree that B&B is his best option. He just hates the thought of being in someone's house for the week. The job is in Tuam so I'm sure he'd get something there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since he will be working in Tuam I am moving thread to county.
    Keep looking at daft and Galway Advertiser

Let him get something close to work and then move somewhere else in a couple months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There isn't a whole load of B&B's in Tuam. The Ard Ri is €300 for six nights starting tomorrow night.

Thanks Mars Bar, the Ard Rí is a bit out of his budget. He managed to get Sheridans in Milltown for a great price inc dinner. That's him sorted for this week but he has to try and sort a house share in the city. It ain't easy but hopefully he finds something during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Thanks Sofa, I'll send that on to him. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jos28 wrote: »
    Thanks Mars Bar, the Ard Rí is a bit out of his budget. He managed to get Sheridans in Milltown for a great price inc dinner. That's him sorted for this week but he has to try and sort a house share in the city. It ain't easy but hopefully he finds something during the week.

Why does he need to be in the city if he's working in Tuam?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Why does he need to be in the city if he's working in Tuam?

Purely for social reasons ;) He doesn't mind the commute to Tuam for work but reckons meeting up with friends and going to gigs etc would be easier living near the city

Advertisement