Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving cert economics

• 27-09-2015 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all, I'm in 5th year (leaving cert 2017) now and I'm teaching myself economics outside of school.I got an A in business in my junior cert so I am fairly good at business subjects I think. I've heard economics is a short course so I'm just wondering does anyone have any tips on it e.g how to narrow down course and what to study. All help would be majorly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Hello all, I'm in 5th year (leaving cert 2017) now and I'm teaching myself economics outside of school.I got an A in business in my junior cert so I am fairly good at business subjects I think. I've heard economics is a short course so I'm just wondering does anyone have any tips on it e.g how to narrow down course and what to study. All help would be majorly appreciated thanks

Just study from the exam papers. Its really repetitive.
    Im im in lc now, this is what I am doing.
    For the short questions, you have 6 out of 9 to answer.
    For the long questions 4 out of 8!!
    But you need to put the work in. Study from the markimg schemes all the way down to 2004. Learn all 9 short questions as you will see a pattern of them repeating. Get yourself an edco exam paper for economics and have a look at the pattern for lonf questions. You can be certain to always get 4 qs. I cannot remember them off top my head. Since I have not moved onto the lonf qs yet.
    But I think demand and supply, trade..... they should be there in the exam papers anyways.
    Should be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

One thing I forgot to leave out. Its very tropical so have a look out for news regarding changes, affairs, prices falling down etc. Anything to do with economics really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Base your study on the syllabus. That is what can be asked on, whether something has come up before or not.

Advertisement