Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone successfully hackintoshed there system?

Options
  • 27-09-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi lads, im in the process of trying to hackintosh my windows 8 pc, i want to use it for x-code 6 so i am looking to put yosemite 10 on there!

I have tried vmworkstation with no luck, i keep getting cpu disabled by the guest host when trying to install! i was originally hoping to dual boot it with windows but i thought the vm would be easier, if anyone has done this or is in the process of doing this could you please give me some tips on how to get it working, i have read that my specs are all compatible, ABSOLUTE HEADWRECKER!!!

pc specs

ASRock FM2A55M-DGS motherboard

kingston 256gb ssd

2tb seagate hdd

amd a8 5600k cpu

16gb ddr3 ram

gigabyte hd7970 3gb gpu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

You should find some useful info in this thread about it.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057456977/2/#post96136053

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

ill have a look at it now, Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

ufc pro wrote: »
    ill have a look at it now, Thanks for your help

No worries I just remembered it being discussed in that thread hopefully you find what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Uncle Anti

Hi lads, im in the process of trying to hackintosh my windows 8 pc, i want to use it for x-code 6 so i am looking to put yosemite 10 on there!

I have tried vmworkstation with no luck, i keep getting cpu disabled by the guest host when trying to install! i was originally hoping to dual boot it with windows but i thought the vm would be easier, if anyone has done this or is in the process of doing this could you please give me some tips on how to get it working, i have read that my specs are all compatible, ABSOLUTE HEADWRECKER!!!

pc specs

ASRock FM2A55M-DGS motherboard

kingston 256gb ssd

2tb seagate hdd

amd a8 5600k cpu

16gb ddr3 ram

gigabyte hd7970 3gb gpu

Generally, visit tony mac.x86.com and have a look as successful builds. There are archives or older 'golden' builds, see which one matches your exciting setup. Alternatively, clone.ireland near Ha'Penny Bridge Dublin will help! You might need to change a few components and it will be fine. I run one myself, no problems so far. Best of luck!

Anti :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

Uncle Anti wrote: »
    Generally, visit tony mac.x86.com and have a look as successful builds. There are archives or older 'golden' builds, see which one matches your exciting setup. Alternatively, clone.ireland near Ha'Penny Bridge Dublin will help! You might need to change a few components and it will be fine. I run one myself, no problems so far. Best of luck!

Anti :-)

Thanks for your reply, i have to say my head is fried. what components would you change? i assume your talking about cpu and mobo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Uncle Anti

Thanks for your reply, i have to say my head is fried. what components would you change? i assume your talking about cpu and mobo?

Hey ufc.
    I feel your pain. I got a machine built for me a few years ago, with a hackintosh you really have to stick (give or take) to the 'recipe'. Have a look on the site and you might not have to change very much, they are pretty regular components, it's just the combinations and the osx version you are trying to run. Like I said, give clone.ireland a call and see what he says, great guy!!!

Ant

Advertisement