Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Visa and Visa Waiver Program

Options
  • 27-09-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I am travelling the USA for 6 months and will be employed by my Irish company so I will basically be just meeting clients etc. Therefore if it was 90 days I could get the Visa Waiver Program. However as I am going for 6 months, which Visa will I need?

Also can you get a visa waiver for 90 days, return to Ireland for say 1 week and go back for another 90 days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Initially thought you'd need an L Visa but that's intra company transfer which doesn't apply based on what you've said. I'd be pretty sure ESTA wouldn't cover it but suggest you speak to the Embassy or an immigration lawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

You would probably face questions if leaving and returning so soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

the broad rule of thumb is stay out as long as you were in - so 90 days -> weekend away then back in will raise eyebrows and will make it difficult for you. It sounds like you'd need the b1/b2 visa but you could equally be declined. I'd phone the embassy or get your company's legal team onto it.

Advertisement