Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non disclosure agreements

Options
  • 27-09-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Alright everyone.

Business idea I have is starting to snowball but there are a lot of secondary sources that the business require before being fully up and running i.e. Non exec directors etc.

What I am wondering is, is an online Non disclosure agreement w/electronic signature as valid as a paper NDA w/written signature?

Also is it a good idea to use electronic over paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Alright everyone.

Business idea I have is starting to snowball but there are a lot of secondary sources that the business require before being fully up and running i.e. Non exec directors etc.

What I am wondering is, is an online Non disclosure agreement w/electronic signature as valid as a paper NDA w/written signature?

Also is it a good idea to use electronic over paper?

Upload form > Form printed > Signed manually > scanned > emailed back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

You may find the following advice helpful - see link below

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0d532d36746cf4d682bca381a&id=92850256cc

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

I would agree with goz83. Print, sign and scan is best. NDAs are not really worth much anyway.

Also you need non exec directors out of the blocks? That is unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

gargargar wrote: »
    I would agree with goz83. Print, sign and scan is best.
    Figured it was that simple, it was more so Electronic signatures vs written that I was concerned abt. but yea I think goz83 is right there
    NDAs are not really worth much anyway.
    Exactly what my solicitor said today. They are worth Feck all.
    Also you need non exec directors out of the blocks? That is unusual.
    Was advised "Anyone" that you are releasing information related to the business including numbers etc, get them to sign

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Duckett wrote: »
    You may find the following advice helpful - see link below

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0d532d36746cf4d682bca381a&id=92850256cc

I'd second Niamh's blog. I'd walk away from anyone looking for me to sign an NDA for a startup. Not only are they unenforceable for the most part they scream amateur and out of my depth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement