Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory.de help?

Options
  • 27-09-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

i have a list of parts and i cannot find out what the shipping will be it says €20 but i cant tell if thats per item or just for the whole thing also if you could have a quick look at my cart and tell me if these parts are compatible that would help alos and pc part picker does not have half of the parts i want to check

2048MB KFA2 GeForce GTX 960 Black Edition Active PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail)
    120GB SanDisk Plus 2.5 "(6.4cm) SATA 6Gb / s MLC Toggle (SDSSDA-120G-G25)
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3-1600 CL9 DIMM Dual Kit
    Intel Core i5 4460 4x 3.20GHz So.1150 BOX
    ASRock H97 Anniversary Intel H97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail
    430 Watt Xilence Performance Series A Non-Modular 80+
    2000GB Intenso 6513284 64MB 3.5 "(8.9cm) SATA 6Gb / s

Im still looking for a nice case.
    I will also have an optical drive in this build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I wouldn't get a KFA² card, Zotac, Gigabyte, MSI all make good cards, shouldn't be much in the price.

It's €30 shipping AFAIK, bit its for the group of items, not individually.

A case from Mindfactory will add another €30 to the shipping though

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Could u recommend me a video card that would run games well and is still budget friendly? And thanks for the shipping info.

Like a Zotac, Gigabyte or MSI 960, they'll preform the same I'm just not familiar with the KSA² brand soi wouldn't recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I purchased a CPU, motherboard and RAM of them recently. I payed using paypal, and my order was delivered for 30E with UPS, which was selected at Paypal checkout. I believe if you buy a case off them it will cost an additional 30E, so I recommend you buy your case of Amazon. FYI, I screwed up my address slightly by using google translate, which chopped off letters in my address that I failed to notice, but it was delivered nevertheless. I would get a better PSU as Xilence isn't a great brand. Overall, Mindfactory was good value for me.

Will I have to change my address to German it will I leave it in English?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I think you should use English for your address. If you use google translate for checkout, just double check to see if your address is correct before you hit buy.

I left mine in English. Once they see Ireland on it the rest doesn't mean anything to the Germans

Also I was looking at the cit vanquish case on Amazon it's nice looking and cheap but would it house my parts and also what's cable management like I it it looks like a nightmare

Yes it will, and what are you asking about cable management? I don't understand if you're asking in general or in relation to the case

In the vanquish case it's self digital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    In the vanquish case it's self digital

I have the CIT spectre case which internally looks similar enough to the vanquish. It's not bad for cable management but it's certainly not the best. Although in mine there are extra cables for fan controller etc... that needed to go somewhere. If you're patient with it and plan your cable runs shouldn't be an issue though.

I think I am now ready to buy my parts I have everything set out should I post em up here once more to get yer opinions?

Just the PSU and GPU if you've kept everything else from the OP

2048MB MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GD5T OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail) and the psu I chose is the 430 Watt Corsair CX Series Modular 80+ Bronze my case is the cit vengeance in red and I'm buying two top fans for it they are cosair fans I'm getting a dvd writer and also the internal usb 3.0 adapter but I'm not fully sure if I need that

Btw operating system in goin for is Windows 10

Semi modular psu will be good as it will reduce cable management.

What's semi modular I thought modular is the one where u choose the cables you need

The Corsairs are semi modular I think, mine is anyways.

Looks good to me anyways

Modular is where the PSU has no cables attached, you plug whatever you need into it

Semi modular has only got the 24pin motherboard connector and 8 pin CPU connector always attached, you plug the rest in as you need them

Non-modular has a bunch of loose cables hanging from it, as you're probably not going to use them all.

Btw do all the cables and everything required come with the parts so I don't need to buy and screws wires and stuff like that? And also what is semi-modular is that where u choose the cables instead of a big bunch u can't remove

Ant695 wrote: »
    Semi modular psu will be good as it will reduce cable management.

I have the same psu except its 500w.

Semi modular means only the 24 pin power lead is hard wired in. The rest are optional. This is essential anyways so makes little sense to pay more for fully modular unless putting custom sleeved cables in.

And yeah all sata cables etc... come with motherboard.

• Advertisement

All the cables and **** come supplied, all you need is a Philips screwdriver

Within the next month in going to order all the bits and bobs and I'll see how it goes if I need any help I'll be back... Btw where do u recommend I buy the os in Pcworld it's 130 for Windows 10 should I go with that

Also that case has internal usb 3.0 header so you shouldn't need the adapter as long as the mobo has a slot for it.

Windows 10 is about €30 or so on reddit software swap. Sean seems to be the best seller as I've got a few things off him and others here reccomend him.

You can get a Windows 7 key from Reddit for €20 and immediately upgrade to 10 from there

and is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Yeah it is

Ant695 wrote: »
    Also that case has internal usb 3.0 header so you shouldn't need the adapter as long as the mobo has a slot for it.

Windows 10 is about €30 or so on reddit software swap. Sean seems to be the best seller as I've got a few things off him and others here reccomend him.

It says it has 1 3.0 header is that ok? for an optical drive and an ssd and a hdd or does it even affect those?

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    It says it has 1 3.0 header is that ok? for an optical drive and an ssd and a hdd or does it even affect those?

They are all sata. Only need one as that just allows front usb 3.0 ports to work.

Yeah it is

I was looking it up there andit says that it is a windows insider perk to buy windows 7 after 29th july and still get upgrade is that true or not and also does it matter what version of windows 7 i buy?

• Advertisement

As far as I know all versions of W7 get the upgrade free until next May.

Windows 7 Pro is what most go for

Advertisement