Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory.de help?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

and is there any good sites that sell it as i dont fancy buying off of reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    and is there any good sites that sell it as i dont fancy buying off of reddit

You might find it on amazon or ebay for about 60-70 but the majority here just go with reddit.

The version of 7 you get will reflect the version of 10 you get eg. Windows 7 pro will upgrade to windows 10 pro.

As far as I'm aware anyone with 7 or 8 can upgrade until July 31st for free.

Btw would my setup be able to play graphic intensive games?

Also is my 430 watt psu enough I may also add leds to case in future and I'm adding two extra fans can the psu take it and have some left over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

430w is loads yeah

It'll play anything at 1080p60 with High-Ultra settings

• Advertisement

If I was to get a gtx 750 would that do the same job on games? As it's cheaper I would prefer it

750 is a good bit weaker, maybe go 750Ti if you want to save a little cash.

An i3 4160 with the 960 would knock a good bit off an preform pretty much the same as the i5 in most games

So u recommend a 750 Ti with an i3 4460 and could u give.me a descp. Of what it could run also

Sorry I read wrong and if I swapped out the i5 with an i3 how would it perform gaming wise and if I swapped the 950 with a 750ti how would that perform ? Which way am I better off

Depends on the games but in 95% of cases an i3 with a 950 or 960 will perform better than an i5 with a 750/Ti

Basically a strong card is better than a strong CPU

• Advertisement

So to save money in better off going with a i3 with the 960?

I was told by someone that a gtx 960 is overkill or does that change due to me changing out the i5 for an i3 he also said that the 430watts might not be enough power

Overkill in relation to what? If you want to play The Sims then yes it is, if you want to play AAA games at High Settings with a good framerate then the 960 is a nice place to be.

The GTX970/R9 290/R9 390 are the minimum (newish) cards for 1080p Ultra Settings with 60fps in every game

The next step down is the 960, which will play pretty much anything at a mix of High-Ultra settings with 60fps

950 will play at High Settings 60fps in most cases

750Ti is a mix of Medium High settings for 60fps

750 is the mainly Medium for 60fps

Hopefully that puts it into perspective, they're all good gaming cards, whether or not their overkill depends on what you want to be able to achieve.

430w is enough for a 960 if its a good PSU, Corsair make good PSUs so you've nothing to worry about.

I might go for the gtx 950 with an i3 cpu and I'll keep my psu as this takes €100 of my total price and brings it down to €772 but that's with the pic world Windows 10 for 130 and I'm still looking for a cheaper version or even a Windows 7 version somewhere as I'm not keen on buying off Reddit

Reddit is hit and miss yeah, just pay via PayPal and don't select the gift option and if push comes to shove you're sorted to file a claim.

If you upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 you get a new key AFAIK so you're golden from there.

That's the black and white of it essentially, buying a full retail copy is obviously the safest, but most expensive call.

Ok and the gtx 950 with the i3 chip is a good option?

I would say so, it seems like a nice starter build. I've the same pair sitting at home actually

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Due to the fact that I'm not overclocking is the h97 anniversary a waste of money or is it ok??

You can't overclock on it anyways. Your call, cheapest boards are about €50 anyways so isn't a huge difference

• Advertisement

Cool thanks

Advertisement