Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6c anyone?

• 27-09-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anyone else hoping we see an updated iPhone with a 4" screen? I don't really want a 6 or a 6s coz the screen is too big for me... but I'd like to upgrade because my music collection is huge and I've had to uninstall good apps on my 64GB iPhone 5. A 128GB 6c would be perfect...

It's rumoured for spring 2016, should give me time to save up...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm actually surprised they didn't launch one with the 6s and 6s+.
    There's still a huge market there for 4" iphones that people can use one handed. As much as I love my 6+ I do miss the one handed element of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

I think there are supply constraints still and they wouldn't have been able to meet demand for a 6c as well as the 6s and 6s plus. the things are just so damn popular...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

paulo84 wrote: »
    ... but I'd like to upgrade because my music collection is huge and I've had to uninstall good apps on my 64GB iPhone 5. A 128GB 6c would be perfect...

Why would you not just use Apple Music? That way you've access to all your collection without housing it all on your phone.

Why would you not just use Apple Music? That way you've access to all your collection without housing it all on your phone.

Several reasons. Most of my music is on CD ripped to my PC, not bought from iTunes. I'm materialistic and old-fashioned (old fart? :p) and still prefer to have the CD. Also it means I can rip to 320k, Apple Music is lower quality.

Also, I try and keep direct debits and standing orders to a minimum, I find they're what'll really sap your money. Really don't want another subscription service.

EDIT: like I know it's a cheap subscription but I'm not particularly interested in having access to virtually all the music in the world. I prefer to pick and choose. A lot of what I listen to, the bands or artists don't make music anymore. There are a select few artists I'll buy new albums from - Placebo, Leonard Cohen, Ash, Feeder, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Avril Lavigne, The Veronicas, maybe Dizzee Rascal, Blur and the Prodigy. The only 'newer' music I'm really into is Lana Del Rey and Marina and the Diamonds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Google music is free and it uploads all of your music. That is the only music you can access as well I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

iTunes Match so then. 25 a year all your music online and can listen to what you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With the miserable low-end memory, the terrible exchange rate and my reservations about the design of the 6, I’ve decided to hold off upgrading my iPhone 5 for another 6 months to a year. Normally I’d be sceptical about the prospect of a mid-cycle iPhone announcement, but with Apple combining the iPhone and iPad events this year, anything is possible. Especially if they are afraid of a 4-inch model impacting sales of the 6s/7. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Apple totally rethinking the design/screen-sizes of the iPhone next year in order to eliminate the need for a third model.

Apple have said in the past they don't mind cannibalization, they prefer it to competition taking sales. Mid-cycle announcements are unusual, but they've done it before (iPad 3). Part of the reason for announcing a 6c later may be because they know there are people who will buy ANY new iPhone just because it's new, I really don't know. But yeah, for now it's only rumoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

With the miserable low-end memory, the terrible exchange rate and my reservations about the design of the 6, I’ve decided to hold off upgrading my iPhone 5 for another 6 months to a year. Normally I’d be sceptical about the prospect of a mid-cycle iPhone announcement, but with Apple combining the iPhone and iPad events this year, anything is possible. Especially if they are afraid of a 4-inch model impacting sales of the 6s/7. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Apple totally rethinking the design/screen-sizes of the iPhone next year in order to eliminate the need for a third model.

Yeah I think the 5/5s are the nicest iPhones to date, by far. Had a 6 myself, but went back to the 5s.

There's definitely a market for a 4" model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yeah, I too would like a phone with the spec of the 6s (3D touch, A9 chip etc.) but the size of the 5s. It's the perfect size for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

paulo84 wrote: »
    Mid-cycle announcements are unusual, but they've done it before (iPad 3).

They also did something similar more recently with the gold-look aluminium Watch. It got released four or five months after the other models, and only with the expanded release of the product into new countries. I wouldn't entirely rule it out as a possibility.

I would dither if they brought out a 4" version again, to be honest. I love the Plus most of the time, but when it's too big, it's really too big. I had no idea how often I texted with one hand (no comments from the smutlords in the back) until I wasn't able to do it anymore. I don't know if I could go back to the cramped screen, though; I tried to use my old 4 a while ago and felt like a hamfisted giant.

Advertisement