Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email server issues

Options
  • 27-09-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi

My wife has an eircom email account, and access it via Outlook. She appears to have lost service since last Wednesday; I tested the account settings and it failed the "Log into incoming mail server" step, though it passed the "send test email" step.

The error reported is :"Log into incoming mail server (POP3): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues , contact your server administrator or ISP."

The settings we use for the incoming server are :-

POP3
    mail1.eircom.net
    Port 110 (no SSL)

Accessing email via web still works, so the account seems OK - its just the POP3 settings.

Are there any known issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jimbly

Hi,
    This might not be related at all but I have an eircom email account.  emails which I send to gmail accounts do not get received.
     I had assumed they were being received but only when friends told me they did not receive then I knew I had a problem.
    They do not bounce back, they went... somewhere.
    I contacted my ISP, vodafone and they suggested I contact Google Could not get a contact details.
    I have a gmail account and my own messages from my eircom account do not get received either.  Strange.
    Its been OK up to now, no problem but after coming back off holiday on 21/9, its a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

tombrown wrote: »
    Hi

My wife has an eircom email account, and access it via Outlook. She appears to have lost service since last Wednesday; I tested the account settings and it failed the "Log into incoming mail server" step, though it passed the "send test email" step.

The error reported is :"Log into incoming mail server (POP3): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues , contact your server administrator or ISP."

POP3
    mail1.eircom.net
    Port 110 (no SSL)

Accessing email via web still works, so the account seems OK - its just the POP3 settings.

Hi tombrown, 

We did have an issue last week in relation to this however it should be resolved now. If you are still experiencing the issue you can contact our support team on 1890 260 260 They'll help you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M Lavan

Hi

POP3
    mail1.eircom.net
    Port 110 (no SSL)

Hi tombrown, 

We did have an issue last week in relation to this however it should be resolved now. If you are still experiencing the issue you can contact our support team on 1890 260 260 They'll help you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey
    I have exactly the same problem as outlined by tombrown since last Saturday.The settings I use for the incoming mail is webmail.eircom.net 
    I am abroad at present so can't contact your helpline. Have you made any adjustments due to the rebranding to Eir?

Mary Lavan

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

Interested as well as since last Tuesday I cannot receive my eircom.net email but I can send..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

i spent time on the phone with tech support; he suggested I change my password but that did not work

Seems this issue is not as isolated as it seemed

• Advertisement

i spent time on the phone with tech support; he suggested I change my password but that did not work

Out of interest Mary & Buyer - who are your broadband providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lizzie33

I am having the same issue, can't receive emails since 23rd.  My broadband provider is Sky. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 M Lavan

Out of interest Mary & Buyer - who are your broadband providers?
    Hi Tom
    My internet provider in ireland is UPC. However I'm abroad at present so using a local one here.

Mary

Hi , my broadband provider is sky. I spent time on phone with sky and it is absolutely not their problem and could offer me no help. Whilst being very polite they were of no help at all and that was speaking to a superviser:-( I am totally fed up with it at the mo cause this happens to me every 2 months now. I am waiting for eircom to get back to me , although when I spoke to them yest they said it was a sky problem. I would love any help

I am having to log on to webmail to get my emails, didn't even know there was updates to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

i cant send emails from my phone, and if i access them through my PC then i get 50 new email notifications on my phone from emails i received months ago. It's so inconvenient! 

Hi guys, well as for now I gave sorted the problem I had.  I reset my sky router as in I turned it off and then on again and pressed the reset button at the back. I takes 4/5 mins and then all my emails came through. Till the bext time!!! Hope thus help someone.

I spent over an hour on the phone with eircom tech support again today. To be fair, he was incredibly helpful & didn't once try to suggest it was a Sky problem.

We walked through a few tests - I have no problem when i ping webmail.eircom.net, but when I try to telnet to it on part 110 it won't connect - so it seems like Port 110 is somehow being blocked. I disabled my firewall & all antivirus, just in case bu that didnt help.

We got stuck, so he is off to talk to some other folks and will call me back in the next 48 hours.

In the meantime, if there are any clever folks out there who can suggest anything please let me know

Did you reset your router?

Multiple times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Multiple times :)
    Hi tombrown

Hopefully advice from other users might get posted to this thread however I'm afraid the best advice the eir reps can offer is to contact eir technical support. I'm sorry we can't offer better news tom.

Thanks
    Al

Hallaleujah - fixed :)

Although, as I said above, I had rebooted the Sky router a number of times, it occurred to me that a (different) problem I had earlier this year was solved by restoring the router to factory defaults & re configuring. So I tired that & lo & behold my issue is now fixed :)

Thanks to all for the suggestions, and especial thanks to eir technical support - I was impressed that, despite the fact I am not an eir subscriber, they were willing to spend literally hours on the phone with me to try & fix it. OK, ultimately, they did not solve it, but they did start me down paths that ultimately led me to resolve the issue. Tech support often get a bad press, but in this instance only praise from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the update tombrown :)

I'll pass on your praise to the tech support team

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basemann

RESET THE ROUTER!!! Brilliant. I spent hours on the phone to sky with this issue and this solution works!! Thank You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

basemann wrote: »
    RESET THE ROUTER!!! Brilliant. I spent hours on the phone to sky with this issue and this solution works!! Thank You.
    Glad to hear it basemann

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement