Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair

Options
  • 27-09-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a Phillips TV. Model No: 40PFL 9705H/12. Serial No: VN1C 1040 015464.
    The sound is cutting out from time to time. Who would repair ASAP in Dublin. Could it be repaired on site I wonder as I may have a problem dropping it off. I wonder would anybody know of a reliable place. I looked up old posts and read of Kennedy TV, Rathfarnham but they must be gone as tel no not in use anymore. Would be most grateful for help with my query. Sorry but this may be in incorrect forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Stupid question, but have you checked the cables to ensure they are connected properly? I know scart cables will drop the sound if they are not pushed in correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

RosieJoe thank you very much for taking the trouble to reply. I have done everything that you suggested but it does not make any difference. The problem seems to right itself thereby the sound returns, either by itself after a few seconds, or if the latter does not work, after I turn off the TV and UPC modem and then turn them both back on again. Anyway, thank you again for taking the trouble to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I know scart cables will drop the sound if they are not pushed in correctly
    And scarts can appear to be really secure when tehy are not pushed in right, I would suggest removing it completely and back in.

Is this sound dropping from the TV's speakers?

Does it drop if you have a dvd player connected.

With most modern tvs there are multiple ways to get sound from them, e.g. via the scarts, analog plugs, headphone socket.

TV repairs were big in the 80's but with dropping TV prices and increasing labour it is often not worthwhile nowadays.

On my TV I have the speakers on the TV and also use a surround sound system. If my tv speakers broke I would just use the surround sound. A cheap system is probably cheaper than a repair job and you end up with better sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Plus, is it only happening when you are viewing UPC? Does it happen if you are watching a DVD or streaming to the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

rubadub Thank you very much. RosieJoe Thank you very much. I again took out the scarts and pushed them in really well. Yes, its back working good as new again. I am most grateful to you both for your help.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement