Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Exams

• 27-09-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Has anyone here ever been permitted to sit or has heard of someone else being permitted to sit more than two special exams/ super supplementals in October?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If you havent asked your tutor by now. I imagine you have already missed the deadline to apply for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

IWJ wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever been permitted to sit or has heard of someone else being permitted to sit more than two special exams/ super supplementals in October?

I knew I was pushing my luck when I got one special exam, but two. Jesus

You will need a very good reason

You've to go before a board of appeals, no lecturers will be present, from what I remember there was two people from other schools, a postgrad student who sits on the schools board and there was someone else as well whom I can't remember. The head of undergraduate teaching for pharmacy (as that's what I was studying) was present but in her own words, she has no role in the decission.
    So all in all it was very fair, no bias can be made against you.
    Your tutor can be in there with you as well

if you don't ask, you don't get. Worst they're going to do is say no and you've lost nothing.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭notabasicb

Yes - 3

But had VERY good reason. I applied totally through my tutor.

Advertisement