Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modem closing ports

• 27-09-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

hi guys looking for advice

recently had cctv fitted and networked the dvr is connected via tplink homeplugs to my modem

i had an eircom adsl modem set up first but when the cameras were connected it would prevent access to certain sites on my devices (netflix on  tv etc ) yet other things worked and i could download stuff etc , swapped over to the new eircom vdsl modem (f2000) and forwarded the ports again and its been fine for access but the ports now close randomly and i have to reboot to get them back this has happened with 2 vdsl modems the second being the one that stayed open longest 7 hours today before needing a reboot to get them reopened

any suggestions ? wrecking my head at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ask eircom for a new modem or buy your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

Ask eircom for a new modem or buy your own.

if buying my own cured it id buy one in the morning

Advertisement