Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy pub

Options
  • 27-09-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi
    Not sure if this is right forum or not but feel free to move if wrong forum
    Was invited for a drink in a well known pub in Donabate yesterday ,( not sure I am allowed to name it ) the one near the bridge , haven't been there in years. I could not get over the filth and dirt of the place , I honestly thought places like this didn't exist in this day and age. The smell of urine in the toilets , grime and boarded up toilet window , I am astounded this place is still open.When I mentioned the toilets to one of the barmen he just shrugged and asked if I wanted a drink, I declined and left with my companion.
    I was going to contact the FSA but I was informed that they might not be the relevant authority as this pub doesn't sell food.
    Does anybody know who are the relevant agency that inspects these places as this pub judging by the ground in dirt obviously hasn't been inspected in years.
    Anyway sorry for long post but I just want this disgusting place served with some sort of improvement order before somebody gets seriously ill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Was there a broken hand dryer or did it have...

pJmmmNm.jpg

?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

HSE Environmental Health. Bear in mind there may not be any regs to enforce if no food is served and the toilets have the basics for handwashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Anything that can be consumed comes under hse regulations.
    In relation to drink - storage, service lines, how glasses are washed, toilet facilities etc are all included.

It is essential to make a complaint - the place will receive a visit and inspection. If it's not an immediate threat to health an improvement notice is given and about 4 weeks time.

If anything is considered threat to health a closure notice is given. - Its happened to pubs before with one in drumcondra getting a lot of publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

scanner wrote: »
    Hi
    Not sure if this is right forum or not but feel free to move if wrong forum
    Was invited for a drink in a well known pub in Donabate yesterday ,( not sure I am allowed to name it ) the one near the bridge , haven't been there in years. I could not get over the filth and dirt of the place , I honestly thought places like this didn't exist in this day and age. The smell of urine in the toilets , grime and boarded up toilet window , I am astounded this place is still open.When I mentioned the toilets to one of the barmen he just shrugged and asked if I wanted a drink, I declined and left with my companion.
    I was going to contact the FSA but I was informed that they might not be the relevant authority as this pub doesn't sell food.
    Does anybody know who are the relevant agency that inspects these places as this pub judging by the ground in dirt obviously hasn't been inspected in years.
    Anyway sorry for long post but I just want this disgusting place served with some sort of improvement order before somebody gets seriously ill
    Aren't you the busy body, if other people are going in there and not complaining about it what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Sam Kade. We want only helpful comments and your comment is unhelpful. Posters do not reply to it please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Aren't you the busy body, if other people are going in there and not complaining about it what's the problem?

Thankfully some people have the wherewithal to complain to authorities about health and safety issues.

Others just ignore problems and shrug and use the excuse "nothing to do with me".

Funny, its the latter group that scream loudest if anything affects them personally and then look for someone to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

delahuntv wrote: »
    Thankfully some people have the wherewithal to complain to authorities about health and safety issues.

Others just ignore problems and shrug and use the excuse "nothing to do with me".

Funny, its the latter group that scream loudest if anything affects them personally and then look for someone to blame.
    I never try to blame anyone for any problems, I solve them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I never try to blame anyone for any problems, I solve them myself.

How would you solve this problem?

Bring your own toilet cleaner and brush and give the toilet a good scrub before you use them?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement