Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where has the Terminal Illness forum gone to?

Options
  • 27-09-2015 7:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I stopped paying my regular visit to this forum but now it seems to have completely vanished. Has it recently been restricted from being used by everyone? Do I have to request access?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It never existed. The closest is the one that's yet to be added after being approved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

Spear wrote: »
    It never existed. The closest is the one that's yet to be added after being approved.

Huh? This has to be a joke. I distinctly remember it. I used to read posts in it when I first joined this site and that was only last month!

I'm sure it was in Society & Culture>Personal Issues>Terminal Illness. It definitely exists or at least existed a few days ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a bereavement forum there, which has obvious overlap.

But the terminal illness forum request is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333271

There's a bereavement forum there, which has obvious overlap.

But the terminal illness forum request is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333271

All I know is, there was a forum called Terminal Illness that I used to frequent.

Either:

(a) This forum existed 2 ~ 3 weeks ago but has since been removed.

or

(b) I've been on drugs for the last month

or

(c) I've seen into the future

I've definitely been on that forum. In fact, it wasn't uncommon for me to be on www.boards.ie (the main page) and see a thread title with the forum name "Terminal Illness" to the left of it (meaning it was in the Terminal Illness forum).

The only other close forum would be the Long Term Illness forum, which again has a degree of overlap.

Otherwise I can only offer the logic of asking why there would be a year long request for a terminal illness forum if there already was one?

• Advertisement

The only other close forum would be the Long Term Illness forum, which again has a degree of overlap.

Otherwise I can only offer the logic of asking why there would be a year long request for a terminal illness forum if there already was one?

It's definitely not that. I've just looked at it and the charter is different among other things. It's definitely not that.

This is some messed up ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is no Terminal Illness forum. As Spear said, the closest thing is the Long Term Illness forum.

I went through your post history and there are no obvious posts about Terminal Illness (the first mention of the word "terminal" was this thread).

Maybe some thread you posted to on a previous account?

Mr E wrote: »
    There is no Terminal Illness forum. As Spear said, the closest thing is the Long Term Illness forum.

I went through your post history and there are no obvious posts about Terminal Illness (the first mention of the word "terminal" was this thread).

Maybe some thread you posted to on a previous account?

I'm positively 100% convinced that it wasn't the Long Term Illness forum.

I never posted in the Terminal Illness forum, I just read posts on it from time to time. I can confirm without hesitation that it wasn't the Long Term Illness forum.

This is very scary. Please don't think that I'm ****ting you or anything. It seems this forum definitely doesn't exist. I still have strong memories of it though. I was visiting it about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm startled. Maybe I saw into the future or something due to the fact it was accepted not too long ago. But then... this could also be a foreshadowing! It might be destined to get Cancer or something!

If you can confirm that this thread never existed then there's no point in this thread continuing. It definitely was there. I know what I saw. I saw it many times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement