If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound system change

Options
  • 27-09-2015 7:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I currently have a 5.1 setup with monitor audio bronze speakers. Moved house recently and the System is too big for the room.

Looking for new speakers to replace the front floorstanders and possibly the rear br-fx, but may get away with keeping those.

Also a recommendation for a new Center as I'd like it to match the fronts ideally.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I currently have a 5.1 setup with monitor audio bronze speakers.  Moved house recently and the System is too big for the room.

Looking for new speakers to replace the front floorstanders and possibly the rear br-fx,  but may get away with keeping those.

Also a recommendation for a new Center as I'd like it to match the fronts ideally.
    HI Mik_da_man,

Can I just check are you wanting tochange the floor standing to bookshelf speakers or go into a sub/sat type system

If you wanted to go sub/sat, you could have a look at the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx?swapstore=1 at £599/€849
    This is a stunning package beating just about every other under £1000 at the minute

If you didnt want to change the whole pack, or keep the rears, you could look at the Monitor audio BX1 and BX Centre - I have a display centre in Oak finish and a new pair of BX1 in oak I could do a deal on, tho you will notice a reasonable difference going down from the floorstanders

Do you have a sub at the minute?

Cheers
    Brian

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hi Brian,

I need to go from the floorstanders and large centre /rear to satellite type speakers.
    Looking at the room setup again I probably need the 5 speakers, but can retain the sub I have at the moment. (BK Electronic XLS200)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Milk,

you can actually purchase the Mass sats and centre individually - for 4 of the MASS sats and one of the dedicated MASS centres it would come in at £374.75

If you wanted to go the whole hog you could go for the new Radius 90 satellites and a Radius 200 centre speaker - these are seriously high performance sats and centre but they just look F A N T A S T I C! have a look here:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/radius

The Radius comes in a variety of finishes but the piano lacquer black or white just look amazing - we can do 4 of the Radius 90 satellites and a 200 centre at just £599 ...

There is also a super slim radius centre speaker called the Radius 225:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/radius/radius-225

If you wanted an off the wall suggestion to replace all your front speakers  - how about the SB2 or SB3 - these look like a slimline soundbar but actually they are a serious package with 3 individual passive speakers comprising a Right / Left / Centre - the Audio Quality is simply superb - they are not cheap but they really do provide a great solution if you are tight for space or indeed just want to reduce room clutter and get a more streamlined look without sacrificing your sound quality - have a look here:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/soundbar-series/sb-3

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Keep us posted  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Oh John, some great options there.

What would the mass speakers with 2 stands cost?

Also the SB2 looks good, my TV is 50" so I guess that's the one that would suit?
    What would that cost shipped to Cork?

Would the SB2 out perform the seperate mass fronts?

And would you have any idea what my current speakers would be worth if I move them on?

Monitor Audio 
    BR 5 Floorstanders
    BR FX Rear *2
    BR LCR Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

And would you have any idea what my current speakers would be worth if I move them on?

Monitor Audio 
    BR 5 Floorstanders
    BR FX Rear *2
    BR LCR Centre

What finish?

MAJJ wrote: »
    What finish?

Black oak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Black oak.

Pass, there an excellent speaker. Good luck with the sale.

Milk,

PM sent :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Milk,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John.

I'll prob go ahead with the Mass 5.0 and either 2* stands or wall mounts, if you could drop me a euro price for those options that would be great.
    Also if you had any turntables open box or the like lying around I may be tempted...

And a euro price for the SB2 would be great.

And as luck would have it my reciever developed an odd issue yesterday so I will start a new thread for that one...

• Advertisement

Milk,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Cheers John.

I'll prob go ahead with the Mass 5.0 and either 2* stands or wall mounts, if you could drop me a euro price for those options that would be great.
    Also if you had any turntables open box or the like lying around I may be tempted...

And a euro price for the SB2 would be great.

And as luck would have it my reciever developed an odd issue yesterday so I will start a new thread for that one...
    The Mass 5.0 pack would be €549, the stands €145 per pair, and the brackets €38.99 per pair

The SB2 currently retails at €600 and the SB3 at €700

At the minute we don't have any clearance or ex display turntables. For a new one, you could look at the Project Elemental -http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12437-elemental-silver.aspx at €195 or the Marantz TT5005 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11909-tt5005.aspx - at €259

Cheers
    Brian

Milk,

if you wanted a deal I have a completely immaculate SB3 ( the best one) that I would do at just €399....

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Milk,

if you wanted a deal I have a completely immaculate SB3 ( the best one) that I would do at just €399....

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Sounds very tempting John, ex demo?

Yep its been on demo but completely unmarked and with original box - it was just opened for a single demo ( the Customer purchased of course) and hasn't been plugged in since - so it really is spanking new and not even run in...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

ill prob grab that, must just double check the dimensions first and will get back to you.

Hi John, checked and unfortunately it would be a bit too big. It's a monster of a soundbar!

Hi John,  checked and unfortunately it would be a bit too big.  It's a monster of a soundbar!
    Yep its a big 'un, but its really slimline and sits really flush to the wall and it sounds A M A Z I N G - real pity it doesn't fit!

Keep us posted,

John Mc

Yeah I'll most likely go ahead with the mass 5.0 and stands.
    Are the monitor audio stands worth it or could you recommend any others?

Yeah I'll most likely go ahead with the mass 5.0 and stands.  
    Are the monitor audio stands worth it or could you recommend any others?
    To be honest the Mass stands would be the neatest solution as they have a clever way of cable management. They have the speaker connection at the bottom of the stands, and the speakers then connect to a fitting at the top of the stands so no cable hanging down from it

http://ca2.monitoraudiocdn.com/downloads/manual/mass.stand-assembly.pdf?mtime=20140826140939

Regards
    Brian

Thanks Brian,
    What's the total GBP price shipped to Cork (paying in GBP may be cheaper for me) , and do you guys do the VIP discounts?

• Advertisement

Thanks Brian,
    What's the total GBP price shipped to Cork (paying in GBP may be cheaper for me) , and do you guys do the VIP discounts?
    Yes we can allow any appropriate/current VIP offers.
    The only thing to bear in mind with paying in sterling is that it only covers shipping to Northern Ireland. so i would need to add £6.99 for delivery - They are £125 per pair so it would actually be better paying in euro - €149 at our standard rate 0f 0.68 works out at £101.32 and this includes shipping to ROI :D

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian,
    The only thing to bear in mind with paying in sterling is that it only covers shipping to Northern Ireland. so i would need to add £6.99 for delivery - They are £125 per pair so it would actually be better paying in euro - €149 at our standard rate 0f 0.68 works out at £101.32 and this includes shipping to ROI :D

Cheers
    Brian
    OK, makes sense on the stands all right, but I think the speakers don't work out as favourable. 
    I'll be getting the 5.0 pack plus 2 stands.
    I'll give you a call to sort it out.

Thanks Brian,

Cheers
    Brian
    OK, makes sense on the stands all right, but I think the speakers don't work out as favourable. 
    I'll be getting the 5.0 pack plus 2 stands.
    I'll give you a call to sort it out.
    Thanks Mik, all sorted now :D Should get that shipped out today

Thanks Mik, all sorted now :D Should get that shipped out today

Cheers Brian, looking forward to getting them.

New toys - yippie!

I just love that unpacking frenzy :D,

Enjoy and thanks for the biz - its much appreciated,

John Mc & Crew

Unpacked and mostly setup today, great sound from them in fairness, one small niggle that I'll send you a PM about...

Unpacked and mostly setup today, great sound from them in fairness, one small niggle that I'll send you a PM about...

Hi guys,

Can someone give me a call on this please?

Unpacked and mostly setup today,  great sound from them in fairness,  one small niggle that I'll send you a PM about...

Hi guys,

Can someone give me a call on this please?
    sorry to hear you're still having issues, will call you now

Hi Mik, just to confirm DPD are arranged for collection for tomorrow (Wednesday) as discussed

Regards
    Brian

• Advertisement

Hi Mik, just to confirm DPD are arranged for collection for tomorrow (Wednesday) as discussed

Regards
    Brian

Cheers Brian, will I send all the fittings back too or will the replacement come with all the fittings needed?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.