Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It is what they used in Brazil and were rather succesful with .
    Difference is though, no Robben, no Van Persie, no De Vrij, no Vlaar in the form of his life.

And yes, there might be a couple that have that intention.
    Thing is, Cruijff is from generation, these players only know from video. Never saw him play. Only a couple might have had anything to do with him at a very young age.
    A player like Sneijder might be extra motivated but that usual only results in shots from 40 meters in stead of 35 meters. in other words, too motivated to show himself.

Add a couple of debutants.... France should consider it a failure if they dont win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Couple of small bets for the Chile game, Medel yellow card 2.35/1 and red card 20/1 with 888.

inforfun wrote: »
    Think Argentina to beat Chile @ 2.4 is worth a nibble.

Sampaoli left Chile in januari and has been replaced by Pizzi, who doesnt seem to have set the world on fire as a manager.

5e965199cb4a2756d6a3591011d45242.png

During Sampaoli's time at Universidad de Chile, winning everything there as to win, Pizzi was managing U de Catolica.

Chile still a great squad but i think they needed a Sampaoli/Bielsa(wc2010) kind of manager to play their best football.

Won 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barnsley 5/4 today. 12 wins from last 15 in the league at home to scunthorpe with 1 win in 7. 5/4 seems very generous.my bet for today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Barnsley 5/4 today. 12 wins from last 15 in the league at home to scunthorpe with 1 win in 7. 5/4 seems very generous.my bet for today

Noticed that, good price. Treble for the 3 o'clocks (all evens or above):

Wimbledon
    Barnsley
    Wycombe

For this evening going with a BTTS treble:

Netherlands/France
    Peterborough/Coventry
    Ireland/Switzerland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

anyone doing anything on the African world cup qualifiers or are they toxic

You answered yourself there with that last part.

Although tomorrow Cape - Verde could be considered if the odds are appealing enough.
    Much more a team than Morocco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/england-boss-roy-hodgson-luke-shaw-will-be-major-competitor-for-euro-2016-spot-34555658.html

Still 6/1 to go to the euros on coral but you can combine with other players on betvictor as far as I know.

Was thinking of doing a treble with himself, Welbeck and lallana at 13/1. Hoping to stake enough that it would pay for a trip over to see an Ireland game.

Anyone know if lallana has any niggles? I know Welbeck is made of glass but that's why it's called gambling.

He might recover from the leg break but if he is fit enough to go to the euro's
    Happens so often the leg is ok but then the other injuries start. There almost always is a set back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Drew P. Wiener

First time posting, trying to make this good friday, a great friday.

Steering clear of all friendlies, I've had a look at whats on in England today.

Oxford United to beat Stevenage - 1.45
    Northampton to beat Newport - 1.7
    Bristol Rovers to beat Cambridge (Rovers have won 8 of their last 9 home games) - 1.77
    Barnsley to beat Scunthorpe - 2.15
    Wycombe v Mansfield under 2.5 (Only 27% of Wycombe's, and 40% of Mansfield's games have had over 2.5) - 1.57
    Hartlepool v Wimbledon BTTS (Only 57% of Hartlepool's games have BTTS, but they regularly grab a goal at home. 67% of Wimbledon's games see both teams scoring) 1.9

Im going for a sixfold @27.98

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Northampton
    Oxford

Double @ 2.56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Kane to score 2 or more @18/1 is tempting but is he gonna play the whole game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Northampton Oxford Cheltenham forest green and Barnsley €30 accum

Jj o toile anytime for Northampton 10/3

Accum of anytime goal scorers
    Winnall
    Roofe
    Grigg
    Sharp

No no and no. Flash score had roofe down as the goalscorer and grigg just scored so thought I'd got the treble. Changed to sercombe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Swindon v Wigan | Saturday 17.15 | Sky Sports 1

That Swindon form looks strong to me; they were full value for the point at Coventry last time out, unbeaten in seven and look full of goals at the County Ground.

Wigan head to Wiltshire unbeaten in 16 but with that 3-3 draw at Colchester fresh in the memory. Both sides are in excellent nick but with one under slightly different pressures than the other.

The home side make an interesting proposition here with QPR loanee Michael Doughty (5/1 Bet365) getting the nod. The 23 year-old has four in six from his midfield role.

From WLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

English National League.

Eastleigh v Welling over 3.5 goals 9/4.

Sides have met 9 times at Eastleigh. This would have been a winning bet in 8 of 9. The other one hit the bar by finishing with exactly 3 goals.

Looks a bit of value to me.

Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Oxford man down and they miss a PK. Good job twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Oxford 1 up :) hope all results stay the way they are and ill be happy :)

Edit that didnt last long 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lamposts wrote: »
    Swindon v Wigan | Saturday 17.15 | Sky Sports 1

That Swindon form looks strong to me; they were full value for the point at Coventry last time out, unbeaten in seven and look full of goals at the County Ground.

Wigan head to Wiltshire unbeaten in 16 but with that 3-3 draw at Colchester fresh in the memory. Both sides are in excellent nick but with one under slightly different pressures than the other.

The home side make an interesting proposition here with QPR loanee Michael Doughty (5/1 Bet365) getting the nod. The 23 year-old has four in six from his midfield role.

From WLB.

Like Swindon also

Think dc is value at 4/5 for a team in great form

Edit..20/23 taken betv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

jbt123 wrote: »
    English National League.

Eastleigh v Welling over 3.5 goals 9/4.

Sides have met 9 times at Eastleigh. This would have been a winning bet in 8 of 9. The other one hit the bar by finishing with exactly 3 goals.

Looks a bit of value to me.

Good luck all.

And then they go and refuse to score! Useless!

And then they go and refuse to score! Useless!

Absolute muck Pope. Red card in the 25th min for Welling didn't help as they just retreated for the rest of the game.

Backed Eastleigh in play as well.

Bad Friday it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Toobz wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/england-boss-roy-hodgson-luke-shaw-will-be-major-competitor-for-euro-2016-spot-34555658.html

Still 6/1 to go to the euros on coral but you can combine with other players on betvictor as far as I know.

Was thinking of doing a treble with himself, Welbeck and lallana at 13/1. Hoping to stake enough that it would pay for a trip over to see an Ireland game.

Anyone know if lallana has any niggles? I know Welbeck is made of glass but that's why it's called gambling.

You cant combine in that market with anyone. Which is weird, if I was a bookie I'd love punters to combine.

I'll probably DNB on France in play. My only question is the french attitude. Their team is much better than Holland.

mailburner wrote: »
    Like Swindon also

Think dc is value at 4/5 for a team in great form

Edit..20/23 taken betv

Crucified...bad friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

mailburner wrote: »
    Crucified...bad friday

Fell to pieces.

ASOT wrote: »
    Fell to pieces.

Jesus wept.

I expect us all to bounce back and make a good recovery on Sunday.

Only 0-0. Sorry to any that followed

5dd2369656defb14d9460b64db2597a4.png

5-3-2 it is for Holland

Promes and De Jong up front

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Payet starts!

Might throw a cheeky bet on him anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

30 on the Swiss at 21/10 and 10 on Rodriguez wincast

Very strong side compared to Ireland's.

LOL! Ireland 1 up as soon as I post

inforfun wrote: »
    And...... Robben pulled out
    As did Vlaar, Pieters, Janmaat and Locadia (meh)

Taken mid sized stake on France to score over 1,5 since whatever defense The Netherlands put up, with Blind as a manger i would score over 1,5 just by myself.

That took 13 minutes :D

Hope they get rid of Blind before HT

• Advertisement

Any word on the Dutch line up for tomorrow?

Mandanda will start in goal for us -and he's extremely overrated and crap - so I wanna take BTTS

I knew we'd concede with Mandanda in goal!

Cant blame him for the ref not seeing De Jong's hand ball

I would assume that he would be starting. First game back after the ban.

Suarez anytime 21/10. Nothing spectacular about Brazil anymore especially in defence. Whereas Luiz has had more resurrections and redemption than most.

Joking aside.... He is the most in form player in the world at the moment.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

England dc @2.37.

No value in germany amd their record in friendlies is not great. england have named their team and are putting out an 'inexperienced side' (i.e. players actually in form)

Also Kane anytime @3.5

jbt123 wrote: »
    I would assume that he would be starting. First game back after the ban.

Suarez anytime 21/10. Nothing spectacular about Brazil anymore especially in defence. Whereas Luiz has had more resurrections and redemption than most.

Joking aside.... He is the most in form player in the world at the moment.

Good luck all.

An absolute legend. Good on you Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Austria seem good value against Albania tonight, average price of 1.55. Obviously 1.55 wouldn't win you much in return but I was expecting them to be a smaller price than that.
    Austria won 5 of their last 6
    Albania have only won 1 of their last 6, including draws against Kosovo and Georgia.

Obviously its only a friendly but still seems alright value

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

scouttio wrote: »
    Austria seem good value against Albania tonight, average price of 1.55. Obviously 1.55 wouldn't win you much in return but I was expecting them to be a smaller price than that.
    Albania have only won 1 of their last 6, including draws against Kosovo and Georgia.

Burton too. 1.65, its 1st against 21st.
    small double of Burton and Austria, 5/2 on paddies

Edit. 3/2, not 5/2

Burton too. 1.65, its 1st against 21st.
    small double of Burton and Austria, 5/2 on paddies

Gone for that double around 11/8

Burton were 3/4 last night...hoped for a slight drift, regret not taking that now

Pescara DC
    Oviedo DC
    @ 1.64

Pescara have lost their last 4 games while Oviedo have lost their last 3 and need points to remain in the promotion play offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Yeah, think there's lots of value in the matches today if teams put out strong line ups. Croatia above evens to beat Hungry. Hungry are awful. Poland to beat finland at 1.5. Think England will beat holland in a few days time pretty easy. France took their foot off the pedal last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Well I think we know where Burton are going next year...straight back down.

Awful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Put a few quid on 3-2 to Germany for the laugh...

Falkirk, Rangers -1 @2.4

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Germany -vs- England, England Over 0.75 @ 1.877

Neuer, Rüdiger, Mustafi, Hummels, Hector, Khedira, T. Kroos. T. Müller, Özil, Reus, Gomez

Butland, Clyne , Smalling , Cahill , Rose, J. Henderson , Dier, Alli , Lallana , Welbeck, Kane

On the bench - Walcott, Sturridge and Vardy

• Advertisement

Pescara DC
    Oviedo DC
    @ 1.64

Pescara have lost their last 4 games while Oviedo have lost their last 3 and need points to remain in the promotion play offs

Pescara lost :mad:

Oviedo @ 1.55

Falkirk, Rangers -1 @2.4

Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Falkirk mess a treble up . Burton mess a double up . And Oxford mess a 4 fold up . What a brutal day . Sickened

Main bet for me tonight England double chance with BTTS. 11/5 Paddy Power.

Few free bets on England & BTTS. Various prices from 13/2 - 10/1.

Muller and Kane anytime 8/1 with Ladbrokes taken as well.

I think this England side can serve it up to a German team that has put in some really indifferent performances the past 18 months.

Hoping for goals in this one.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭shmeee

Fancy Germany, they won't want to go into the Euros on the back of another bad performance, will wait till some value in-play on the sw.

Likewise, on Goals in US, no value at the moment.

Will post bets in live thread if get on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement