Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mailburner wrote: »
    yep, was last night...4/6 a fairly big drop for him with paddy :(

Ya massive alright, hopefully does the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Arsenal, Bayern, and Madrid enhanced from 2/1 to 3/1 PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Everton, watford, arsenal

Arsenal, atletico madrid, bayer leverkusen

Enhanced odds with paddypower/betvictor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Mainz v hamburg has seen btts and overs in the last 6 meetings over 2.5 goals 3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Exeter v Morecambe Ollie Watkins Anytime 7/4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich +2 Asian Handicap @8.61

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Niasse fgs 13/2 for the laugh. Might go off his ass or his shin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Limerick - Waterford BTTS @2.10 (paddy power)

Limerick will win comfortably, but Waterford have scored in every game so far this season, including 2 against Limerick. Waterford are decent going forward, but terribly defensively.

I've bet on BTTS on every Waterford game so far (bar the cups), no point in stopping now. Decent Value.

whats everyone picking for tomorrow?

real madrid
    , no benzema no ronaldo against a better real sociedad dont think they'll get 3 points without them two..

schalke, probably will look for a win against an already relegated hannover, but then again they lost last week after throwing a 2 goal lead...

everton, martinez says he'll be using the youngsters tomorrow and they're on a really poor run at the moment...

i had this treble on my mind past few days but now its doubting me :(
    I dont believe it :( oh the joys..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    singles on all of these...all but one was bigger last night :(

main bets
    accrington 20/21 fred
    sunder dnb 3/4 boyle (1.93 last night)

sunder play stoke who've lost their last three conceding four in each and have nothing to play for

leeds 4/6 in great form v a team in awful form in charlton

matty taylor anytime evens sj reliable as they come and fighting for an automatic spot against a team with nothing to play for

deeney anytime 6/4 sj its villa after all and last home game so there should be goals despite both being in shocking form recently

defoe anytime 17/10 (lads best at 9/5) if sunder win then its either him or borini scoring

accum also (minus defoe anytime) along with a few fgs daft ones

A small profit overall
    Injury time goals save my ass deeny and defoe
    Accrington win, sunder void
    Rare blank for Taylor despite 4 goals...not sure what happened leeds

Edit taylor subbed after 2nd goal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    I'm all over Watford today:

Watford -1.5 @ 2.8
    Deeney wincast @ 3.1
    Ighalo wincast @ 3.1

1/3

Don't know how I broke even there.
    Deeney 2 goals in injury time.

Slimini anytime for sporting @2/1 bf exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Barnsley (fighting for playoff place) concede 98th minute equaliser to 10 man Colchester at home (already relegated) who had their striker in goal for the last 17 minutes after keeper went off injured...............

Sums up my accumulator luck every week!!

Limerick will win comfortably, but Waterford have scored in every game so far this season, including 2 against Limerick. Waterford are decent going forward, but terribly defensively.

I've bet on BTTS on every Waterford game so far (bar the cups), no point in stopping now. Decent Value.

Took 18 minutes :)

Toobz wrote: »
    Slimini anytime for sporting @2/1 bf exchange

Pfft 23 mins...took his time!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Barcelona
    Rostov (tomorrow)
    @ 1.71

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Going big on Suarez to score 3 or more @5. 8 goals in his last two games and a win will put Barca top, so hopefully they can keep up the form.

Toulouse next week will be an absolute banker (don't like that term but it really is one here), a win will take them out of the relegation zone (Ajaccio will play vs PSG so they'll lose and take Toulouse's place). Toulouse were extremely lucky not to beat St Etienne today and next week's opponents are a complete joke (losing 4-2 at home against freaking Bordeaux lol...)

edit: this only applies IF Ajaccio lose tonight vs Lyon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Toulouse next week will be an absolute banker (don't like that term but it really is one here), a win will take them out of the relegation zone (Ajaccio will play vs PSG so they'll lose and take Toulouse's place). Toulouse were extremely lucky not to beat St Etienne today and next week's opponents are a complete joke (losing 4-2 at home against freaking Bordeaux lol...)
    What price would you expect lass?

Going big on Suarez to score 3 or more @5. 8 goals in his last two games and a win will put Barca top, so hopefully they can keep up the form.

Going to hold out for another 5 (hopefully scoreless) minutes and lump on Barcelona to win by 4 or more. Should almost hit 7/2 i'd say

• Advertisement

What price would you expect lass?

around 1.50 hopefully, but even 1.30 I'd gladly take it

edit: if Ajaccio win or draw tonight, everything changes but I don't see that happening

Going to hold out for another 5 (hopefully scoreless) minutes and lump on Barcelona to win by 4 or more. Should almost hit 7/2 i'd say

ok, 10/3. Here we go

Hapoel Raanana DC @ 2.10

Pribram DC & Monaco to win @ 1.82

1/2:pac:

whats everyone picking for tomorrow?

real madrid
    , no benzema no ronaldo against a better real sociedad dont think they'll get 3 points without them two..

schalke, probably will look for a win against an already relegated hannover, but then again they lost last week after throwing a 2 goal lead...

everton, martinez says he'll be using the youngsters tomorrow and they're on a really poor run at the moment...

i had this treble on my mind past few days but now its doubting me :(

never placed a bet on this but came in :rolleyes:
    Everton, watford, arsenal

Arsenal, atletico madrid, bayer leverkusen

Enhanced odds with paddypower/betvictor

luckily i followed on this :D

ok, 10/3. Here we go

Looks a nice one this. Betis down to 10 men at the 35 minute mark too, a case of once the first one goes in they'll start flying I think!

Looks a nice one this. Betis down to 10 men at the 35 minute mark too, a case of once the first one goes in they'll start flying I think!

half time though. Betis will just sit in their half all second half. Not optimistic at all! They were bad enough in the first half, just let Barca play around their half. first shot on target after half an hour says it all!

Great bet at the time I thought! But its gone out to fives now so it kind of reflects the reality! Ah well! Might put a bit on a 3-0 score at 9/2 to cover myself a bit!

Going to call this one out early, he should have three already but he's muck tonight, missing sitters. Can always trust Barca to let me down this season when it counts :pac:

Edit: Timing, two more now please!

Going to call this one out early, he should have three already but he's muck tonight, missing sitters. Can always trust Barca to let me down this season when it counts :pac:

they werent great odds at all to be honest! Regardless of form, you would want to be getting a few more points than 5/1!!

saying that, there is one!!

Ridiculous odds to be honest. There will not be very many games that Waterford won't score in. And they will nearly always concede. This for me is almost a banker every week.

• Advertisement

they werent great odds at all to be honest! Regardless of form, you would want to be getting a few more points than 5/1!!

saying that, there is one!!

Yeah, it was a bit of a jerk reaction one really. Figured they'd be well up by 20 minutes though, joys of it I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dont_Touch..it

Alright lads, following this for a while and been enjoying it, have had some good bets, and unlucky ones, so thought I'd add my own.

Going with the following double tonight, small, good luck

Boca Juniors @ 7/5
    Real Salt Lake City @8/11

Baco, playing away, sit in 5th position and have won 7 out of the last 10, Arg. Jrs bottom with 6 loses 4 draws
    Salt, playing at home are in 5th, Houston bottom of the West division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What do we think of Liverpool and Swansea BTTS @1.7

Looks like a certain, will take liverpool over 5.5 corners too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Now....in the Dutch eredivisie it is goal difference and not H2H that is deciding.

H2H was added if all other things cant decide it in order to not have to draw straws after 34 matches.

Twice GD was the deciding factor and twice it was Ajax losing because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Btts treble @5.0

Liv swa yes
    Mnu lei no
    Sou mnc yes

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Now....in the Dutch eredivisie it is goal difference and not H2H that is deciding.

H2H was added if all other things cant decide it in order to not have to draw straws after 34 matches.

Twice GD was the deciding factor and twice it was Ajax losing because of it.

Ajax ahead by 6 goals.
    Psv behind 6 goals.

It would make sense to gamble asian handicaps for both then?

Cambuur already relegated.
    I presume twente is a good team though despite their position. Does psv still think they have a chance mentally or is that huge 6 goal difference will affect their chance of winning the title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ajax ahead by 6 goals.
    Psv behind 6 goals.

It would make sense to gamble asian handicaps for both then?

Cambuur already relegated.
    I presume twente is a good team though despite their position. Does psv still think they have a chance mentally or is that huge 6 goal difference will affect their chance of winning the title?

How would any team level at the top not think theyve a chance!!!! Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dutch press reckons cambuur is in for a hiding. Not too convinced myself. Usually teams that need goals end up trying too hard

6 goals is a safe margin for Ajax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leicester +0.5 for me 1.9

Edit: Also on

BTTS pool game 3/4 MAIN BET
    Sturridge AT 5/4
    Pool win 23/20

Staked accordingly so if Main bet wins it's profit.

Edit again: I see Dio said Sturridge before me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Taken main stake on Sturridge anytime @2.38

Also taken Ojo anytime @4.5

Both on betfred

Will look at goals markets in play too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Sturridge AGS
    Milik Wincast
    De Jong Wincast

@5.61 with PP

Good luck all.

Ajax ht/ft and PSV ht/ft double @1.9

Am I missing something?

Leicester win is 4.33 and double chance is 1.85

Am I missing something?

Leicester win is 4.33 and double chance is 1.85

United are the best home team in the league, chasing 4th place which is very achievable with Arsenal and city playing each other and also Van Gaal has an amazing record against the top teams.

Also Leicester might want to try win the trophy at home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

United are the best home team in the league, chasing 4th place which is very achievable with Arsenal and city playing each other and also Van Gaal has an amazing record against the top teams.

I very much doubt that. They will be trying to win it today, make no mistake about it.

Small bet on 1-1 at 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

United have basically the same home record as arsenal city and leicester and spurs. In the home record, Leicester are two points clear of utd but utd have a game in hand.....
    Utd have only scored 23 goals in 17 games at home.
    Also, leicester have the best away record.

And the last sentence does not make sense to me. Win lose or draw today, leicester players want to win the league. It doesnt matter what stadium.

Apologies, Toobz but come on, reflect on that statement, that is, one of the stupidest things I've seen this week!!!!

For what its worth I've fancied United for this fixture for weeks, even before Vardygate and evens is a good price. Van Gaal has a great knack of getting results when badly needed and a defeat today will all but guarantee them no top 4 but a win still gives them a chance, what with City and Arsenal to face off.
    Spread your bets over Utd 1-0, Utd 2-0 and Utd 2-1 is another option. (11/2, 8/1, 15/2)

Bookies have this about right

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

0-0 in Utd - Leicester @ 10 matched on betfair exchange. Huge price.

Danny Simpson to be booked @ 9/4. Not the worst record for a right back, booking wise, throughout his career but up against it today with Martial, Rojo and Rashford. Will be a lot of players out there more pumped up than usual so worth a wager.
    For United Rojo, himself, is clear choice but risk assessment wise, 5/4 is not worth it.

Vardy for a yellow is always good bet and today would have been ideal day! Ah, well!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement