Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Cheers, stuck a tenner on Espanyol DC @ 14/1

I put 10 as well 14/1 and 5 Espanyol win BTTS at 121/1 this morning
    Main bet;
    Barca -Espanyol under 4.5
    Real under 4.5
    Atletico over 2.5

Treble @ 6.70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Frankfurt DC @ 1.91

Bodo Glimt +1.5 @ 1.91

both teams are on a 5 game losing streak. Not particularly confident about these two as I read Bodo Glimt will start with 5 youngsters in the team and Frankfurt's collapse in their last game worries me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Psv
    Celtic v Aberdeen BTTS
    Roma

@treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

two games with not much to play for but the prices on the both aren't too bad at all given they are top

juve/celtic @ 2.48 hills (bfsp 2.54)

juve away to bottom side verona 4/6, have won their last 10 in serie a.
    celtic have won 13 of their last 14 at home v aberdeen
    always a danger with nothing at stake but the price on juve looks very decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Following on this Las.

Cheers for the heads up. Going to take the DC myself

Cheers Las.

Unlucky on the DC double. :(

Celta Vigo
    Real
    Atleti
    Win Treble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Southampton over 4.5 corners 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Real without Navas, Benzema, bale and possibly without Ronaldo.

03.01.16 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 2
    09.05.15 PRI Real Madrid Valencia 2 : 2
    04.01.15 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 1
    04.05.14 PRI Real Madrid Valencia 2 : 2
    22.12.13 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 3
    23.01.13 COP Valencia Real Madrid 1 : 1

Valencia (+2)@2.25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

b37b9207906564e4cb3812485a692f41.png

Odds on goals are pathetic so not even going to bother with all teams to score or all matches overs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Pp enhancement. Pool and City to win 7/2

Pool will have a much changed team
    City , well, they are City, but Arsenal are also arsenal
    Both at home

Worth a tenner I think.

• Advertisement

Ajax drawing :O live odds of them 2/3 going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Lamposts wrote: »
    Southampton over 4.5 corners 5/6

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Deeney anytime 3s
    Arsenal 11/5

Singles taken earlier

Psv
    Celtic v Aberdeen BTTS
    Roma

@treble

Boom easy :D

Liverpool
    Man city v Arsenal over 10.5 corners
    Granada under 1.5 goals
    Real madrid v valencia under 4.5 goals

@fourfold

Frankfurt DC @ 1.91 :(

Bodo Glimt +1.5 @ 1.91 :D

both teams are on a 5 game losing streak. Not particularly confident about these two as I read Bodo Glimt will start with 5 youngsters in the team and Frankfurt's collapse in their last game worries me...

1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

For that odds worth throwing fiver :)Screenshot_2016-05-08-00-38-27_zpsq0alaouy.png

Thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Levante!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Mr. Green wrote: »
    03.01.16 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 2
    09.05.15 PRI Real Madrid Valencia 2 : 2
    04.01.15 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 1
    04.05.14 PRI Real Madrid Valencia 2 : 2
    22.12.13 PRI Valencia Real Madrid 2 : 3
    23.01.13 COP Valencia Real Madrid 1 : 1

Valencia (+2)@2.25

Rod, bar, 6 saves by the goalkeeper of real Madrid, the linesman blind, blind judge, a strange red card

&

winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Thank u bigboss!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Threw a fiver on them myself after seeing your post, nice one buddy beer money sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JamesFitz

For that odds worth throwing fiver :)Screenshot_2016-05-08-00-38-27_zpsq0alaouy.png

Followed you on this, well in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,883 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well y'know 11 men against 11 for 90 minutes, anything can happen...

Well the idea was right, just picked the wrong game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Little accum for tonight.

Napoli win & BTTS
    Juventus win
    La Galaxy - N.E Rev BTTS
    Bolivar -1
    Lanus win
    Benfica -1

Should keep me entertained :)

mailburner wrote: »
    Deeney anytime 3s
    Arsenal 11/5

Singles taken earlier

no joy, really fancied arsenal too

mailburner wrote: »
    two games with not much to play for but the prices on the both aren't too bad at all given they are top

juve/celtic @ 2.48 hills (bfsp 2.54)

juve away to bottom side verona 4/6, have won their last 10 in serie a.
    celtic have won 13 of their last 14 at home v aberdeen
    always a danger with nothing at stake but the price on juve looks very decent

that ends juves winning streak :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Super pick on Levante, Boss.

latest?cb=20150902051211

Bwin just cancelled 3 bets of mine that were marked as "won" last Friday and took some money out of my bankroll, WTF?? Anyone here ever had an issue like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Bwin just cancelled 3 bets of mine that were marked as "won" last Friday and took some money out of my bankroll, WTF?? Anyone here ever had an issue like that?

I know someone who's had that happen, and it was also on Bwin. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you what happened when he chased up on it as I don't know if I ever asked him afterwards.

On a related note, I opted for a 6 month exclusion on Bet365 last November when my "sure it's only a tenner" accumulators started getting a bit too frequent for my liking. Rang them up to re-open my account on Saturday and they said "management had taken the decision not to allow you to re-activate". Wouldn't disclose why.

No idea why. I can say for certain that it wasn't because I was making a killing, and it wasn't because I was betting mad amounts either (maximum of €50 a week at the very worst).

In my practice, more than 10 years as a bookmaker divided into two groups. Some collect those who constantly brings money to replenish the balance.
    The latter is for professionals.
    And if you will often to win, then the bookmaker to restrict you to cheaper highs or cancel the bid.
    Show - this bookmaker is not happy.
    I can't play several Russian and foreign bookmakers, so long as the withdrawal of money from there.
    There are only two bookmakers that don't cut the max and not cheat the customer.
    This Sbobet and Pinnacle.

There are bookmakers who frequent wins also will cut the highs, but so far they are all right.
    Is Bet 365, Matchbook.

And there are offices, which I don't want to play right away.

Just got off the phone with Bwin... according to the French law, you're not allowed to bet on French Ligue 2 games at the end of the season when at least 1 team has nothing to play for (which was the case here)... Bwin made a mistake and "forgot" to remove those games so all the gains + stakes have been voided... what a fukking joke, of course this happened when I had three nice wins :mad:

thelaw doesn't apply to Ligue 1, so Ligue 1 teams are free to fix games if they want to (that's what the law is supposed to prevent) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard, are Bwin based in France?

I know Bet365, Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and my local independent bookies were offering Ligue 2 games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

That is bizarre. Trouble with fixing previously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard, are Bwin based in France?

I know Bet365, Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and my local independent bookies were offering Ligue 2 games!

IIRC bwin have a monopoly in France.

Looking ahead to the midweek games, I'm really tempted by Everton DC @2.2ish, even if they're away to a Sunderland team which actually has something to play for.

Bwin made a mistake and "forgot" to remove those games so all the gains + stakes have been voided... what a fukking joke, of course this happened when I had three nice wins :mad:

And yet you can not put the money on the full moon or on a Thursday after Breakfast. :eek:

When you register on the website of the bookmaker - you write the rules.
    You have not violated the rules of the bookmaker.
    They made a mistake. And it's not your problem.

As far as I remember bwin is a member of https://twitter.com/EUgambling

And reviews about bwin

http://www.top100bookmakers.com/comments/bwin.php

They're not based in France, but Bwin.FR has to respect the French laws.

I could understand if that law applied to amateur teams, but all the teams in Ligue 2 are fully professional....just like in Ligue 1 and yet Ligue 1 teams are exempt from that law... They're scared of match fixing and yet we can bet on the amateur Faroese and Luxembourger leagues... whoever made that law is retarded :pac:

Mr. Green wrote: »
    They made a mistake. And it's not your problem.

That's what I kept repeating to the guy on the phone, but he said it's against the law to make money on these games so they're forced to void all the bets :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That's what I kept repeating to the guy on the phone, but he said it's against the law to make money of Bwin on these games so they're forced to void all the bets :/

That is what he meant to say.

Because if you had lost them, would you have had your money back?
    Sure you would. And Blatter is innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Did you have any losing bets on that league this week Las?
    Cause if you did you have to get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Orebro v Hammarby Seems decent for some goals at 6 this evening.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2016/05/09/sweden/allsvenskan/orebro-sportklubb-fotboll/hammarby/2175908/head2head/

2u5c9qc.jpg

Orebro's recent form in particular really points to a goal happy encounter here.

I've taken over 2.5 goals & BTTS @1.83 on 365 (missed the @1.9 they had up earlier - priced @1.73 on stan james outside of this)

I've also taken small on over 2.5 goals & BTTS no @10.00 on 365 as some small bit of cover. I think the over 2.5 goals lands here but gonna avoid the @1.62 odds.

p.s. that's ridiculous from Bwin Las. hope they do the right thing and credit it back if possible.

That's what I kept repeating to the guy on the phone, but he said it's against the law to make money on these games so they're forced to void all the bets :/

Let them show a point of law which you have violated.
    And on good - to write a complaint.

Then forget about this bookmaker forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

IIRC bwin have a monopoly in France.

Looking ahead to the midweek games, I'm really tempted by Everton DC @2.2ish, even if they're away to a Sunderland team which actually has something to play for.

Why would you back everton? We are shocking. Manager has lost the dressing room and the players just going thru the motions. Was hoping for evens on Sunderland myself

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    Did you have any losing bets on that league this week Las?
    Cause if you did you have to get your money back.

No just three winning bets on the same game. They could've at least let me keep the winnings and then fire the intern who made that mistake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Orebro v Hammarby Seems decent for some goals at 6 this evening.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2016/05/09/sweden/allsvenskan/orebro-sportklubb-fotboll/hammarby/2175908/head2head/

2u5c9qc.jpg

Orebro's recent form in particular really points to a goal happy encounter here.

I've taken over 2.5 goals & BTTS @1.83 on 365 (missed the @1.9 they had up earlier - priced @1.73 on stan james outside of this)

I've also taken small on over 2.5 goals & BTTS no @10.00 on 365 as some small bit of cover. I think the over 2.5 goals lands here but gonna avoid the @1.62 odds.

p.s. that's ridiculous from Bwin Las. hope they do the right thing and credit it back if possible.

Winner 1-2 on 33 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why would you back everton? We are shocking. Manager has lost the dressing room and the players just going thru the motions. Was hoping for evens on Sunderland myself

Good point, I hadn't thought of Martinez's relationship with the players.

It's too bad that he's unlikely to leave soon enough for me to win a "Next EPL Manager to be Sacked" bet. :(

if gareth barry or jageilka play i'll take everton dc no problem.
    that eejit mori i'd do a better job than him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

if gareth barry or jageilka play i'll take everton dc no problem.
    that eejit mori i'd do a better job than him

wow, 11/10!
    Everton look awful but those are very inviting odds, throw in Man Utd to beat West Ham and Liverpool to beat Chelsea and you have a very decent looking 10/1 shot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

wow, 11/10!
    Everton look awful but those are very inviting odds, throw in Man Utd to beat West Ham and Liverpool to beat Chelsea and you have a very decent looking 10/1 shot

I would be wary of utd. West Ham have been playing very well and have gotten their 'bad game,' out of the way last weekend. Utd are not up to much at the moment, playing some poor football.
    Also , isn't it West hams last match at home before their move? They will want to finish with a win. I will be on the hammers and hammers win btts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking hammers, Sunderland double myself. Might even include Norwich. Decent treble @9/1

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I would be wary of utd. West Ham have been playing very well and have gotten their 'bad game,' out of the way last weekend. Utd are not up to much at the moment, playing some poor football.
    Also , isn't it West hams last match at home before their move? They will want to finish with a win. I will be on the hammers and hammers win btts.

United have been playing some very good football last month or so and very solid. Even against Spurs they were the better team in the first half before imploding. They clearly are driven to get this top 4 position and although West ham have been very consistent and full of goals over lat few months they were god awful at home on Saturday against an average Swansea team with nothing to play for.
    They still have a chance of Europa League but United have much more at stake.

Van Gaal always seems to produce results when pressure is on and I think 29/20 is a great price. Also United beat them in Upton a few weeks back in the FA cup so they are not going into the unknown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

United have been playing some very good football last month or so and very solid. Even against Spurs they were the better team in the first half before imploding. They clearly are driven to get this top 4 position and although West ham have been very consistent and full of goals over lat few months they were god awful at home on Saturday against an average Swansea team with nothing to play for.

Van Gaal always seems to produce results when pressure is on and I think 29/20 is a great price. Also United beat them in Upton a few weeks back in the FA cup so they are not going into the unknown

Completely agree with all of that. But I can't help but factor in the fact that it is West Hams last time ever playing in that stadium, huge motivation to get a result. Not saying they'll win, but I can't see them losing. Atmosphere will be immense. Just a gut feeling though.

In saying all that I staying away from WDW :pac: Probably gonna go over 2.5 and BTTS, can see it being a good game.

Utd aren't scoring goals away from home, something like 4 in their last 6 away games. Some of those games have been against good opposition but still, West Ham have about 12 in lat 6 home lge games. Last match there, revenge for the cup game, bad game out of the way and they need to win as they look good for a European spot.
    I fancy them.

Over 2.5 btts at 6/5 looks nice, but I think 2/1 is a very nice price on the hammers, also West Ham DC and over 2.5 at 13/5 is nice too

G'luck

Completely agree with all of that. But I can't help but factor in the fact that it is West Hams last time ever playing in that stadium, huge motivation to get a result. Not saying they'll win, but I can't see them losing. Atmosphere will be immense. Just a gut feeling though.

In saying all that I staying away from WDW :pac: Probably gonna go over 2.5 and BTTS, can see it being a good game.

in fairness the last game means more to the fans than most of the players. I think United's eagerness to get champions league football completely overrides Andy Carroll and Dimitri Payet's emotional attachment to the fans or the stadium!!

Saturday was a cup final for West Ham. So much at stake at home against a team already on their holidays and they concede four goals!

Its not reflective of their season, one game, but a huge indication that United are worthy favourites tomorrow. West Ham may score goals but United concede very few whilst West Ham have conceded an average of two per game in the last ten, so somethings going to give.

Rooney back to add a bit of passion and grit into proceedings badly missing since he was gone

Just my forethinking going into it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement