Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 EPISODE7289

Hull/Leeds/Wigan/Plymouth @ 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Going for btts double in El Classico and Man City v Liverpool @2.49 on Bet365

Navas cleared to play makes me wanna avoid the Barca win and btts bet.

Anyone else have trouble with Skrill since last night? Tried to move my money in to bet365 since about 9 last night. Could only get it to connect for deposit just now. Not a peep out of them on any social media accounts they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭shmeee

Anyone else have trouble with Skrill since last night? Tried to move my money in to bet365 since about 9 last night. Could only get it to connect for deposit just now. Not a peep out of them on any social media accounts they have.

I transferred cash fine yesterday evening with no issues. Skrill to bet365, Wasn't as late as when you tried it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

William Hill going 2/1 Man United at noon for a limited time. €10 max stake for anyone who's interested

Will be jumping on the Hull bandwagon for sure, 7/5 a bet.

Then Millwall later @ 10/11, 2 nice singles I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Depay up front for united. Took fgs @ 7 and 2 or more @21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Austria! wrote:
    Depay up front for united. Took fgs @ 7 and 2 or more @21
    I'll be extremely surprised if he gets next to near a shot on goal, nevermind two or more. Anyway I'm pulling for you!

I'll be extremely surprised if he gets next to near a shot on goal, nevermind two or more. Anyway I'm pulling for you!

Surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Words eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Reims DC @ 1.65

6 defeats in a row for Reims, that's extremely rare, dont think I've ever seen a (professional) team lose 7 games in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Real Madrid -vs- Barcelona Under 3 @ 2.140

All are expecting goals in this match. But real Madrid played very carefully with PSG (1:0 0:0). And Barcelona clubs with a serious too little scores. Benitez prefers not to miss goals. Messi after injury

Real Madrid -vs- Barcelona, Barcelona 0.0 @ 2.070

Here's my bet on the coach and model + what the game is on the field owners. Real will go on the attack, but may miss a goal. But the score might not happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Chelsea Everton Leeds @3.80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

plymouth 6/5

top of the table at home to 14th placed exeter
    seems big

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Reims DC @ 1.65

6 defeats in a row for Reims, that's extremely rare, dont think I've ever seen a (professional) team lose 7 games in a row

They're 4/5 on bet365 now.

I'm going with Bournemouth RT5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Chelsea/swans/Leeds,

mailburner wrote: »
    just took vardy anytime 23/10 with hills...next best i'm seeing is 7/6
    will no doubt be a point shorter if he lines up
    http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jamie-Vardy-race-fit-clash-Newcastle/story-28179188-detail/story.html

the man is bulletproof though :D

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-leicester/anytime-goalscorer

legend and badly needed
    what a price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Just took Vardy to score anytime in play and then 5 mins later he scores.

Love those bets!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Zlatan anytime 4/5

In good form after his goal for Sweden

plymouth 6/5

top of the table at home to 14th placed exeter
    seems big

sh1te

• Advertisement

Taking Man C 4/5

shmeee wrote:
    Will be jumping on the Hull bandwagon for sure, 7/5 a bet.

Then Millwall later @ 10/11, 2 nice singles I feel.

Hull 1-1

But Millwall turn it on winning 4-1. Tiny profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm going very large on Liverpool over 4 corners @even

Also going big on Over 11 corners @10/11

This game has corners written all over it!

FatRat wrote: »

who with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Austria! wrote: »
    who with?

Paddy Power

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Raheem Sterling seem to have the maturity of a shrimp, and if any team know how to rile him up and get under his skin it would be his old stomping ground

Raheem Sterling Card @ 6.50

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote:

On both of the above, Liverpool bet is a single and over 11 doubled with Real over 1.5 goals.

Liverpool corner bet looks like great value

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Taking Man C 4/5

Wow game over

FatRat wrote: »

Get up that yard

At half time the Liverpool one didn't give me too much confidence

Hon the Corners yet again

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Mr. Green wrote: »
    Real Madrid -vs- Barcelona Under 3 @ 2.140

All are expecting goals in this match. But real Madrid played very carefully with PSG (1:0 0:0). And Barcelona clubs with a serious too little scores. Benitez prefers not to miss goals. Messi after injury

Real Madrid -vs- Barcelona, Barcelona 0.0 @ 2.070

Here's my bet on the coach and model + what the game is on the field owners. Real will go on the attack, but may miss a goal. But the score might not happen

very small winner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

hefferboi wrote:
    Swansea v Bournemouth

Bournemouth Corner Match Bet @2.20

Serious value here. Bournemouth are fourth in the PL for getting corners, Swansea are 19th. This bet would have come in in 5 of Bournemouths 6 away games this year. They also managed a massive 16 corners to Newcastle's none in their last game.
    Was sweating at the end but got the boom in the end. Lucky cos I went big on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Corners is definitely the future of betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Good man Rafa. In fairness those btts Classico's were getting a bit much....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Looking at Watford v Utd game, post internationals games are harder to call but I reckon Watford dnb 15/8 has a chance. In play bets on Utd to win 2-0, 2-1 both at 8/1

City v pool game , again going with a riskier higher odds pregame bet of over 2.5 goals and over 11 corners at 11/5. In play taking a pure chance at pool ht city ft 19/1 and city ht pool ft 45/1

Not the safest pre match bets, but I fancy taking more of a chance for a change.

Pre match Watford bet lost but Utd 2-1 was a very good cover bet at 8/1

Pre match City bet won

Happy with that !!

Tommorows offerings
    Prematch Spurs win btts 2/1. In play will be Spurs win 2-1 7/1 and west Ham win 2-1at 17/1

Reims DC @ 1.65

wow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

West Ham 11/2 365

Small single just because of there form away against the top teams, hopefully another scalp today.

Konyaspor v Eskisehirspor midday today in Turkish Super Lig

Konyaspor @ evens

Home side currently 8th (2W 2D 1L at home/ 6 scored 6 conceded) v the worst team in the league by a country mile. 8 straight loses (More than Reims lass :D ) scoring 0 conceding 11 in 5 away games. They are also currently managerless after the resignation of Ismail Kartal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Im on Dele Ali to be booked today @ 13/5 ( Powers )
    Its a derby and the lad loves a tackle

hoping today starts better than yesterday

G Higuain to score in 90 minutes and Napoli to win the match @ 13/10 (pp 11.30ko)

Konyaspor v Eskisehirspor midday today in Turkish Super Lig

Konyaspor @ evens

Home side currently 8th (2W 2D 1L at home/ 6 scored 6 conceded) v the worst team in the league by a country mile. 8 straight loses (More than Reims lass :D ) scoring 0 conceding 11 in 5 away games. They are also currently managerless after the resignation of Ismail Kartal

They won a cup game in between those 8 games, so they only have a 6 game losing streak. 7 straight losses is incredibly rare, dont think I'd ever seen such a long streak before yesterday.

But thanks I didn't know about this one so I'm taking Eskisehirspor DC :p

been looking at this for a while now, I found that most teams rarely lose more than 3 or 4 in a row. 5 is rare, 6 even rarer. 7 is San Marino like.

some more examples from yesterday:
    Bournemouth - 5 straight losses, didnt lose yesterday
    Rotherham - 4 straight losses then won away to Leeds
    Troyes - 6 straight losses, didnt lose yesterday
    Krylya Sovetov - 5 straight losses then won away to CSKA Moscow!

I challenge anyone to find a team with 7 straight losses not counting Reims or amateur teams!

They won a cup game in between those 8 games, so they only have a 6 game losing streak. 7 straight losses is incredibly rare, dont think I'd ever seen such a long streak before yesterday.

been looking at this for a while now, I found that most teams rarely lose more than 3 or 4 in a row. 5 is rare, 6 even rarer. 7 is San Marino like.

I challenge anyone to find a team with 7 straight losses not counting Reims or amateur teams!

Easy!!! Sunderland 15losses in a row Jan 18th- May 11th 2003 :D also recall they did 9 in a row one season. Derby county did 7 and 8 in one season when went full season with 1 win in 38 :D

• Advertisement

Easy!!! Sunderland 15losses in a row Jan 18th- May 11th 2003 :D also recall they did 9 in a row one season. Derby county did 7 and 8 in one season when went full season with 1 win in 38 :D
    Edit did draw with Blackburn in FA Cup feb 5th then lost to Watford Fa cup 15th so 12 losses in a row minimum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

84afaf83df57108cfbd369cb667c8c9f.png

Also small on Kuyt hat trick @ 21

Twente lots of defensive absentees if they werent **** enough already

(this is coming back to bite me in the ass....)

My treble today, a mix of soccer, gaa and racing.

just over 7/2

17896f08781c6d55ad79627e182e1215.png

hoping today starts better than yesterday

G Higuain to score in 90 minutes and Napoli to win the match @ 13/10 (pp 11.30ko)

My bogeyman obliges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Thinking 5.5 cards is a fair line in Carpi Chievo ,there home games are averaging 6-7 a game, referee is strict too http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/fabio-maresca/165826/, line is set at 5.5 1.900 seems good enough to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Tottenham & BTTS @ 3.20

nooooooooooo I'm ruining everything I touch at the moment :mad:

an overish game in Estonia for the first time since 2004, two teams with 7 straight losses which is incredibly rare... reminds me of when I had a similar losing streak and even a team from San Marino managed to win when I bet on that game...

nooooooooooo I'm ruining everything I touch at the moment :mad:

an overish game in Estonia for the first time since 2004, two teams with 7 straight losses which is incredibly rare... reminds me of when I had a similar losing streak and even a team from San Marino managed to win when I bet on that game...

That was a fun second half... actually wouldnt have minded if i lost that one... u probably would have deserved it more than me :) does this mean that the 7 game rule is just a myth??? :)

Im on Dele Ali to be booked today @ 13/5 ( Powers )
    Its a derby and the lad loves a tackle

Spurs racking up the yellows this season. Think ill have a little bite on Eric Dyer @ 12/5 and Mark noble @ 13/8 if hes starting

• Advertisement

That was a fun second half... actually wouldnt have minded if i lost that one... u probably would have deserved it more than me :) does this mean that the 7 game rule is just a myth??? :)

I'd say if you bet following this "rule" you'll win about 75%-80% of the time. Of course it's not a perfect science but the rule applies most of the time imo. Good job on the win, I just knew with my current luck that they'd lose when Konyaspor equalised to 2-2 lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement