Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

All eggs in the Wilson basket (QPR v Brighton)...

Wilson Anytime @ 3.50
    Willson MOTM @ 7.00
    Wilson First Goalscorer @8.00
    Wilson 2 or more @ 19.00
    Wilson Hat Trick @ 151.00

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Salford to qualify @ 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

NEC are serious pieces of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Just one bet Austin fgs 5/1 coral 9/2 hills refund 2nd and Betfair topped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Cagliari double chance odds 2.7

Just to point out prices on Cagliari +2.0 goals handicap has been drifting in favor of Cagliair...4 hours ago it was 1.61 now its 1.53 in the same book...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

this may seem a ridiculous question but i always wondered do you get more betting on accumulators rather than singles and doubles?
    i'm not taking the accumulator bonus offered by some bookies by the way like bet365, just in general!
    i've always seemed to believe you get slightly more if you do like 4/5 fold onwards !

This is a confusing question. I guess you probably know this part already, but I will explain it anyway...

Let's say you are betting on this makebelieve treble

Someone to score a Goal @ 2.50
    A team to Win @ 2.20
    A team to score over 1.5 goals @ 1.90

The way the odds for this are calculated is multiplying the three odds together

2.50 x 2.20 x 1.90 = 10.45

You are not getting extra here, the odds are defined by simple math. For a treble you are relying on predicting three outcomes, not just one, so there is more risk involved.

Sometimes a bookie will offer enhanced odds to you, giving you a small percentage more than the norm on your winnings on a predetermined set of games. Usually about a 10%-15% increase on the actual odds If you pay attention, they always seem to throw in a bogey team to kick the odds back in their favour. An example of this would be god damned Liverpool.

Personally, I always find it better to try for a high odds single rather than adding together small odds to make an accumulator. I will happily bet on a single player to score two goals at a good price before looking for a bunch of separate teams to do the job for me. This is just my opinion, not a set rule. Everyone bets different ways.

Sorry if I am explaining stuff you already know, the question was vague, so just tried to simplify things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Guingamp have lost their last 4 games and are playing tomorrow

Guingamp @ 2.35 small bet, I can see this end as a draw... I'd take DNB if it was available...

1-1

as expected Guingamp did not lose tonight! too bad the odds on DC were too low

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Gone for Mitroglou anytime for Benfica kicking off in 5 minutes @2.4 on betfair.

Scoring regular lately for them. Jonas will be on the pens though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭shmeee

tinodz wrote: »
    All eggs in the Wilson basket (QPR v Brighton)...

Wilson Anytime @ 3.50
    Willson MOTM @ 7.00
    Wilson First Goalscorer @8.00
    Wilson 2 or more @ 19.00
    Wilson Hat Trick @ 151.00

On a few of these and have the notifications on the phone, leave it down for 5 mins and come back to see Brighton have scored 2 goals, I'm like surely to **** Wilson has banged in one. But no. Was counting my money. Still time.

Light them candles again lads. They worked a treat the last day we needed so Devine help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

tinodz wrote: »
    This is a confusing question. I guess you probably know this part already, but I will explain it anyway...

Let's say you are betting on this makebelieve treble

Someone to score a Goal @ 2.50
    A team to Win @ 2.20
    A team to score over 1.5 goals @ 1.90

The way the odds for this are calculated is multiplying the three odds together

2.50 x 2.20 x 1.90 = 10.45

You are not getting extra here, the odds are defined by simple math. For a treble you are relying on predicting three outcomes, not just one, so there is more risk involved.

Sometimes a bookie will offer enhanced odds to you, giving you a small percentage more than the norm on your winnings on a predetermined set of games. Usually about a 10%-15% increase on the actual odds If you pay attention, they always seem to throw in a bogey team to kick the odds back in their favour. An example of this would be god damned Liverpool.

Personally, I always find it better to try for a high odds single rather than adding together small odds to make an accumulator. I will happily bet on a single player to score two goals at a good price before looking for a bunch of separate teams to do the job for me. This is just my opinion, not a set rule. Everyone bets different ways.

Sorry if I am explaining stuff you already know, the question was vague, so just tried to simplify things.

Thanks for the informative answer yeah I understand now thanks a mill!
    Changes my whole perspective on accumulators cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Double just over even money

Deportivo La Coruna 4/9
    Inter Milan 4/9

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

mrdmb wrote: »
    Just to point out prices on Cagliari +2.0 goals handicap has been drifting in favor of Cagliair...4 hours ago it was 1.61 now its 1.53 in the same book...

Bad play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lukaku 9
    vardy 7
    giroud 6
    kane 2
    de bruyne 1

25 for that fantasy bet...not gonna touch that again
    de bruyne coming on with 23 mins left in the game or vardy getting
    that yellow card cost me that extra point
    fixtures are stink this week anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Taking river plate vs sanfrecce @1.9 in the world club cup.

Sanfrecce have played 2 games already, river's first, winners get to play barcelona. River played in some cup in japan in august and beat gamba osaka 3-0.

Gone for Mitroglou anytime for Benfica kicking off in 5 minutes @2.4 on betfair.

Scoring regular lately for them. Jonas will be on the pens though.

0-0

Even though there was no Gaitan I thought Benfica would put one or two past these guys. Porto put four past em lately.

Lesson learned, With Gaitan out look at laying Benfica. They were @1.33 last night before ko.

Hitting the A league this morning, kicking off in a few minutes Perth v Melbourne.

Main bet on Melbourne win and over 2.5 goals in match doubled with over 4.5 cards @4.79

Taking smaller on Berisha 1st goal scorer for old times sake @4.33

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd say River Plate would be a lot fresher, their last game was at the end of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I'd say River Plate would be a lot fresher, their last game was at the end of November.

Had a long domestic season after winning the copa libertadores and did get to the semis in the copa sudamericana.
    Fresh is relative here after a flight of such length

PSG -1 @ 1.57
    PSG -2 @ 2.45
    PSG to score 5+ goals @ 6.50

St Etienne are basically sending their youth team: http://www.asse.fr/fr/Actualites-du-club/Psg-asse--le-groupe-ac16215
    all their best players have been left out cuz they know they dont really stand a chance against PSG and their game vs Angers at the weekend is clearly their priority. Their defense looks incredibly weak.
    PSG have called their best possible squad, no youth team player in the squad for tonight's game.

the only way these bets won't come in is if PSG stop caring when they go 1 or 2-0 up or if Cavani starts ahead of Ibra as he's an awful finisher.

ps: the rule says that St Etienne must field 7 players who have played in at least one of the club's two previous games, but that includes their meaningless game against Lazio where they fielded a lot of subs/reserves

this is the best line up they could field with the players called up:
    Moulin
    Pierre Gabriel-Dekoke-Polomat-Brison
    Clement-Lemoine
    Eysseric-Cohade-Bamba
    Maupay

but I doubt they'll field such a "strong" squad when they've basically given up and even if they do, PSG should easily beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Had one of those moments where I made the right call re cash out last out - always nice.

Had 4 teams done 3 up after game complete and I was waiting for Salford City to qualify. Cashed out at full time though and with Hartlepool going on to score twice in extra time I was delighted! :D

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Taking river plate vs sanfrecce @1.9 in the world club cup.

Sanfrecce have played 2 games already, river's first, winners get to play barcelona. River played in some cup in japan in august and beat gamba osaka 3-0.

Noice

PSG -1 @ 1.57
    PSG -2 @ 2.45
    PSG to score 5+ goals @ 6.50

St Etienne are basically sending their youth team: http://www.asse.fr/fr/Actualites-du-club/Psg-asse--le-groupe-ac16215
    all their best players have been left out cuz they know they dont really stand a chance against PSG and their game vs Angers at the weekend is clearly their priority. Their defense looks incredibly weak.
    PSG have called their best possible squad, no youth team player in the squad for tonight's game.

the only way these bets won't come in is if PSG stop caring when they go 1 or 2-0 up or if Cavani starts ahead of Ibra as he's an awful finisher.

ps: the rule says that St Etienne must field 7 players who have played in at least one of the club's two previous games, but that includes their meaningless game against Lazio where they fielded a lot of subs/reserves

this is the best line up they could field with the players called up:
    Moulin
    Pierre Gabriel-Dekoke-Polomat-Brison
    Clement-Lemoine
    Eysseric-Cohade-Bamba
    Maupay

but I doubt they'll field such a "strong" squad when they've basically given up and even if they do, PSG should easily beat them

I rarely find that european handicap prices are better than asian handicap and its the same bet

PSG -1 @ 1.57 = Psg -1.5 (asian handicap) 1.65
    PSG -2 @ 2.45 = Psg -2.5 (asian handicap) 2.67
    PSG to score 5+ goals @ 6.50 = Psg over 4.5 goals 8.00

I rarely find that european handicap prices are better than asian handicap and its the same bet

PSG -1 @ 1.57 = Psg -1.5 (asian handicap) 1.65
    PSG -2 @ 2.45 = Psg -2.5 (asian handicap) 2.67
    PSG to score 5+ goals @ 6.50 = Psg over 4.5 goals 8.00

Lass is confined to a dressed down version of bwin in France.
    He is al too aware of the fact we get better odds elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Hull City -vs- Reading, Reading +0.5 @ 2.050
    Hull City -vs- Reading, Reading DNB @ 3.410

I think these teams are equal.

2Lass:
    Reading - three defeats in a row

inforfun wrote: »
    Lass is confined to a dressed down version of bwin in France.
    He is al too aware of the fact we get better odds elsewhere

I didn't know he was french hes pretty screwed trying to make money online , if you know him well you place bets for him , nobody makes money betting in France, the info might be useful for others anyway. Lots of people take -1 instead of -1.5(AH)

Hitting the A league this morning, kicking off in a few minutes Perth v Melbourne.

Main bet on Melbourne win and over 2.5 goals in match doubled with over 4.5 cards @4.79

Taking smaller on Berisha 1st goal scorer for old times sake @4.33

1-0, went completely against most other meetings between the two. A league been good to me this season but this was muck.

Gonna be looking at Augsburg v Dortmund possibly later and PSG too.

Barca v Guangzhou tomorrow depending the XI's

• Advertisement

I didn't know he was french hes pretty screwed trying to make money online , if you know him well you place bets for him , nobody makes money betting in France, the info might be useful for others anyway. Lots of people take -1 instead of -1.5(AH)

Says who?

I do get lower odds which is annoying, but the difference between 1.57 and 1.65 or 2.45 and 2.67 isn't THAT big.

Says who?

I do get lower odds which is annoying, but the difference between 1.57 and 1.65 or 2.45 and 2.67 isn't THAT big.

Well when you consider professionals average about 5% edge , I would say its almost impossible to make profit long term taking 1.57 and 2.45 instead of 1.65 and 2.67 , this is before we even consider that there is an overround at the bigger prices. Your starting at a 3% disadvantage before spread and over round.

Get an IP mask and a someone to open accounts for you from Ireland be my advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

What kind of team are Roma, saddest team around, thought they'd get past a team in a division below them quite easily, the fact that they had a few regulars in their starting lineup today, think its time up for garcia to get sacked...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

What kind of team are Roma, saddest team around, thought they'd get past a team in a division below them quite easily, the fact that they had a few regulars in their starting lineup today, think its time up for garcia to get sacked...

Prob best avoiding the Tim Cup like the plague, just seen Fiorentina lost 0-1 there to carpi with a strong team named also and they dominated the stats. Awful dodge !

Well when you consider professionals average about 5% edge , I would say its almost impossible to make profit long term taking 1.57 and 2.45 instead of 1.65 and 2.67 , this is before we even consider that there is an overround at the bigger prices. Your starting at a 3% disadvantage before spread and over round.

Every risk has a price.
    For me the determining factor is the ratio of the bookmaker for the game.
    For example 1.85 in one game is not worth the bet, even if you have confidence.
    But 2.15 in the same game will be the correct ratio.
    It accounts for 0.01 each.
    So I prefer to play at pinnacle sports.
    For example at a rate of 100 euros (1.57 and 1.67) - if you win the 10 Euro difference.
    And at the rate of 1000 Euro?
    It's like robbing yourself

• Advertisement

Get an IP mask and a someone to open accounts for you from Ireland be my advice

That's true but I don't bet huge sums so the difference isn't that big to me. I'm just glad I can bet online, a few years ago it was illegal here :/

That's true but I don't bet huge sums so the difference isn't that big to me. I'm just glad I can bet online, a few years ago it was illegal here :/

I'm not trying to be a p*ick you seem like you know your stuff cheers for tip hopefully psg do the business I've followed you thanks.

didn't mean to come across as a prick either :)

you can expect an extremely defensive minded St Etienne tonight, their coach said he wants to emulate Angers who got a 0-0 draw vs PSG by playing extremely defensively (they had 25% of the possession). He said he'd be delighted if this game went into extra time :pac:

Dortmund win and both score 3.2 Betfair great bet .

PSG:
    Sirigu - Van der wiel, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Kurzawa - Verratti, Stambouli, Rabiot - Lucas, Ibra, Lavezzi

St Etienne:
    Jessy MOULIN
    3Pierre-Yves POLOMAT
    20Jonathan BRISON
    33Ronaël PIERRE-GABRIEL
    34Rupert-Nathan DEKOKE
    6Jérémy CLEMENT (c)
    8Benjamin CORGNET
    10Renaud COHADE
    14Neal MAUPAY
    17Jonathan BAMBA
    31Dylan SAINT-LOUIS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

PSG:
    Sirigu - Van der wiel, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Kurzawa - Verratti, Stambouli, Rabiot - Lucas, Ibra, Lavezzi

St Etienne:
    Jessy MOULIN
    3Pierre-Yves POLOMAT
    20Jonathan BRISON
    33Ronaël PIERRE-GABRIEL
    34Rupert-Nathan DEKOKE
    6Jérémy CLEMENT (c)
    8Benjamin CORGNET
    10Renaud COHADE
    14Neal MAUPAY
    17Jonathan BAMBA
    31Dylan SAINT-LOUIS

In wouldn't be most knowledgeable on French football, saw your previous posts. Would PSG -1 be a lump bet then?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    In wouldn't be most knowledgeable on French football, saw your previous posts. Would PSG -1 be a lump bet then?

Everything is as predicted, St Etienne with a lot of youth team players and almost all their regular players have been left out. PSG with a lot of subs but still look very strong. It SHOULD be a big win for PSG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hull win and under 2.5 @ 3.4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2 singles and a double for interest tonight

Dortmund over 2.5 goals. , 7/4 just started
    IBRA 2 or more 11/5

Double about 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Hernandez (Hull) anytime and Ibra 2 or more - 8.9/1

PSV, Juventus, Hull, Genk, Malaga, Dortmund, Brugge accum

PSG v St Etienne over 5.5 @ 9/1 and over 6.5 @ 18/1

PSG - 3 @ 4/1

Come on PSG :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Cheers Malaga, f***in hell

Mr. Green wrote: »
    Hull City -vs- Reading, Reading +0.5 @ 2.050
    Hull City -vs- Reading, Reading DNB @ 3.410

these unnecessary goals in the last minutes...

Sorry :(

I had heard the St Etienne coach say he would play extremely defensively but didnt think it would work oh well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

PSG.....

Cash out worked for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Hull win and under 2.5 @ 3.4

Should've just taken straight win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

€450 waiting on PSG -1... Can't believe the 4/7 missed and the 9/2 came in, sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Dave147 wrote: »
    €450 waiting on PSG -1... Can't believe the 4/7 missed and the 9/2 came in, sickened.

Murphys law

Sh1t haopens...bet365 knew the score...they gave me a fiver free bet minutes after i backed the psg handicap!

inforfun wrote: »
    Rounded off the Unibet account to nil on the following Dutch cup 4-fold

All to win in 90 mins:

Den Bosch/AZ/Utrecht/Capelle @ 9 & a bit (€21.20 stake)

Capelle is a strange one, dont see why the away team are favourites.

Both are Topklasse, Capelle is a Saturday and VVSB is Sunday.
    History tells you the Saturday leagues are usually a bit stronger than the Sunday leagues.
    So Capelle might only be in 11th spot in their league, VVSB in 8th in their league isnt that much stronger to have them as favourites away from home.

Both not on great runs either.

Capelle lost 3-2 unfortunately. Rest wasnt rocket science. Just better odds than i expected.
    Den Bosch was @1.8 at kick off. Opposition was 5th tier in Dutch football.

• Advertisement

Messi is out of the game this morning. With a quick look I can see the odds on Barca over 2.5 team goal market starting to drift a little. Once Suarez and Neymar are up front with a decent midfield they will hopefully bring it in anyway.

Starting XI should be up soon.

FC Barcelona ‏@FCBarcelona 22m22 minutes ago
    [BREKING NEWS] Leo Messi, last minute absentee from the Club World Cup semi-final. The player has renal colic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement