Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ibrahimovic scored the opening goal against Bastia 4 out of the last 6 times they met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Over 8 corners Psg V Bastia
    Under 12 corners Exeter v Liverpool
    Double @ 2.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

rmjkwi.jpg

awwwww :pac:

Not touching much gambling-wise in January and February as these months have been my achilles heel over the last three years or so.

I do have an eye to the Liverpool game tonight though like others here due to the circumstances around Liverpool. Some potential team news in that Tiago Llori and Kevin Stewart are recalled from loan and expected to get their game tonight.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-team-news-tiago-10704169

One other thing to note is that Klopp commented on how bad Exter's pitch was in interview the other day too. He also mentioned having to give priority to the Arsenal game next Wednesday. It's worth mentioning that Liverpool host Man United just four days after Arsenal also.

Liverpool no clean sheet would have been my bet but odds dropped from 1.8 two days ago to 1.53 best price today. Maybe this could be a play after a half hour or so if Exeter haven't scored.

I've also seen it mentioned that the QPR manager described the FA cup game tomorrow as 'unwelcome' and is expected to field second string and toy with formations.

This article is from a few days ago.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-says-fa-cup-10677245

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will use QPR’s FA Cup tie at Nottingham Forest next week as a try-out for his second string.

The gaffer said after the disappointing 2-1 defeat to Hull it was about getting right blend rather than highfalutin ideas about honours.

The Capital Cup has been downgraded by plenty of mix-and-match in past seasons, and the world’s most famous domestic trophy is set to suffer the same fate as Hasselbaink goes in search of a more important first league win since he took over.

The likes of Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Massimo Luongo, Alex Smithies and Michael Petrasso have been starved of recent chances. They look certain to play some part in the away day at the City Ground.

“At the moment, it's (the cup tie) not welcome,” Hasselbaink said.

“It's just another game, but it gives me a chance to look at others and give a few others to get a game.

“It also gives me a chance to look at a few other formations and take it from there.”

I'll wait to see the starting XI, but worth noting that Forest are available @2.25 on bet365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

callaway92 wrote: »
    David @ 6.7 to beat Goliath.

Can take the DC at 2.85 too.

:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Would it be reasonable to assume that the poor state of the pitch at Exeter could mean an above-average amount of corners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liverpool win and btts enhanced to 10/3 from 9/4 on PP for the adventurous of you out there

Would it be reasonable to assume that the poor state of the pitch at Exeter could mean an above-average amount of corners?

Just doing a quick read on it there. Klopp said it looked 'in bad shape' but Exeter are coming back saying it will be fine. It will be a bit narrow though. Not sure how it will go for the corners.

http://m.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Shape-Exeter-pitch-worries-Klopp-big-game/story-28480075-detail/story.html#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Liverpool...
    This match against a slumping line best miss.
    But there is also a risky bet in live.
    I will wait for some team to score and I'm betting against it.

And match of the day today in Paris,
    I think that Bastia is worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Mr. Green wrote: »
    And what about Bastia to win? @46.0
    Think that PSG is well noted new year and holidays

Not a chance of that happening... PSG will beat us anywhere from 2-0 to 4-0 imo. PSG are extremely strong at home and we are terrible away from home. The best bet here might be under 3.5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Think I will take both pp specials
    Pool win btts 10/3
    Utd/city/west Ham 4/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I hope you're right Lasagna - have Zlatan fgs and PSG to win 4-0 :P

Also have a treble of PSG-2, Dijon to win and Paris - Tours to draw.

I hope you're right Lasagna - have Zlatan fgs and PSG to win 4-0 :P

Also have a treble of PSG-2, Dijon to win and Paris - Tours to draw.

There's got to be something fishy about that game, no-one's offering >2/1 for the draw. o_O

There's got to be something fishy about that game, no-one's offering >2/1 for the draw. o_O

Looks drawish to me, Paris have lost their last 4 home games and need points to get out of the relegation zone. They also have a new coach who has Ligue 1 experience and they got rid of a lot of players to keep only those who are willing to fight for the team.
    Tours have a decent coach and drew 2-2 away to Lorient (always difficult to play on their plastic pitch) in the Cup before losing in extra time so they seem good away from home

PP Special:
    Man United , Man City , West Ham 4/1

Skybet Special:
    Man city, West Brom, Arsenal 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Exeter -Liverpool. Card before 40.00

5/6 Bet365

Hopefully blood and thunder of a game. BBC covering it. Exeter players should be up for it on da telly and the home crowd well bevvied. This should transfer onto the pitch.
    Wouldn't be the least surprised if Liverpool brought this anyway as their team should be unfamiliar with each other to a certain extent with some errant passing.

Also taking Exeter over 10 booking points 6/5 paddy

Stuart Atwell reffing. He's a bit meh with the cards but I still like the bet.

Good luck all

Liverpool team to face Exeter: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Teixeira, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke.

Benteke starting. Liking the pool btts special now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

KevIRL wrote: »
    Liverpool team to face Exeter: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Teixeira, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke.

Benteke starting. Liking the pool btts special now.

I have to back Exeter 4/1 looking at that team

Bastia +2.5 @ 1.72

it just seems so easy, everyone sees PSG winning big, this should motivate Bastia just like in the game against the St Etienne reserves, everyone saw a huge PSG win and in the end they struggled to win. I remember the League Cup final between Bastia and PSG, Bastia played pretty well until the ref gave a red card to our CB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Had a fair aul bet on pool unknown team but I expect these to be classy players , 1.78 seems a gift .
    Evens on Benteke anytime for me also I would have that much shorter.

• Advertisement

Benteke hatrick 26/1. Hes a class above most on that pitch

Evian DC @ 1.67

3 losses in a row

3-0 down

more money on Bastia then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Shane St. wrote: »
    Benteke hatrick 26/1. Hes a class above most on that pitch

I think he's about a 1,71 shot to score I took 4k at 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Young inexperienced lads against a lower league team of hardy lads

Over 2.5 cards @ 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hartlepool double chance @ 2.7 tomorrow is a great price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭shmeee

1.81 double.

Benteke AGS
    In-Play Mirren v Patrick
    Total Corners over 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Seem to have missed the boat on Benteke Anytime. He's shortened pretty much everywhere. But I find the wincast markets are much less responsive, and you can still get good odds there. And I'll be having a bet @2.37 with William Hill.

I think he's about a 1,71 shot to score I took 4k at 2

gl man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Went to back Exeter over 0.5 goals straight after stoke game when I seen toure struggling @4/5 , couldn't get the fecking bet on pp was actin up , checked yesterday was 8/13, probably 1/2 now with that line up. Gone for t.nichols anytime at 10/3 instead.

Sinclair anytime for Liverpool for me tonight @2.87 on bet365

Looking for a new contract or a move from Anfield. Fancy a go at him tonight. Well able to score.

Exeter are far too big a price so I've had a decent win single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic scored the opening goal against Bastia 4 out of the last 6 times they met.

****ing hell... no less than 3 PSG players trying to give the ball the last little push on the goal line after an Ibra header that would more than likely have gone in by itself.
    Motta succeeded. Dip stick

Edit:Never mind.... wasnt Ibra heading the ball...

Went to back Exeter over 0.5 goals straight after stoke game when I seen toure struggling @4/5 , couldn't get the fecking bet on pp was actin up , checked yesterday was 8/13, probably 1/2 now with that line up. Gone for t.nichols anytime at 10/3 instead.

Nice one

Well, that's one part of the Liverpool & BTTS special sorted. :pac:

Still fecking sick about the origional bet was gonna have a decent wedge on !

Well, that's one part of the Liverpool & BTTS special sorted. :pac:

And the second... :)

Looking for a new contract or a move from Anfield. Fancy a go at him tonight. Well able to score.
    Good shout dio !

Well in

Great shout

Good shout dio !

Cheers Fuzzy! You too man, coming up trumps early tonight!

Sinclair most likely heading for Anfield exit as his agent is Aidy Ward that caused all the problems with Sterling. Pity as he is great talent.

shmeee wrote: »
    Well in

Great shout

Cheers Shmeee :)

Come on Benteke.....

Taught we were in there.

We will get in yet.

• Advertisement

Bastia +2.5 @ 1.72

it just seems so easy, everyone sees PSG winning big, this should motivate Bastia just like in the game against the St Etienne reserves, everyone saw a huge PSG win and in the end they struggled to win. I remember the League Cup final between Bastia and PSG, Bastia played pretty well until the ref gave a red card to our CB

Boom :D

shmeee wrote: »
    1.81 double.

Benteke AGS
    In-Play Mirren v Patrick
    Total Corners over 7

Mirren and Patrick into the corner notebook anyway, 1 in first half and between them they rack in 12 in second half. Patrick look a team for them anyway overall in the League.

2-2...no wonder Liverpool can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

jbt123 wrote: »
    Exeter -Liverpool. Card before 40.00

5/6 Bet365

Hopefully blood and thunder of a game. BBC covering it. Exeter players should be up for it on da telly and the home crowd well bevvied. This should transfer onto the pitch.
    Wouldn't be the least surprised if Liverpool brought this anyway as their team should be unfamiliar with each other to a certain extent with some errant passing.

Also taking Exeter over 10 booking points 6/5 paddy

Stuart Atwell reffing. He's a bit meh with the cards but I still like the bet.

Good luck all

No venom in the game and Atwell controlled it very well in the spirit of the tie.

Double fail. No cards at all.

That didn't go so well

Over 8 corners Psg V Bastia :(
    Under 12 corners Exeter v Liverpool :)
    Double @ 2.8

1 corner short from psg v bastia :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2-2...no wonder Liverpool can't be trusted.

To be fair this wasn't really Liverpool though. That was some team sheet. Apparently if you take Enrique out, the other 10 starters only have about 40 first team appearances between them and the subs used didn't exactly increase that number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think ill give betting on the cup a miss after seeing some of this, never win money on it
    benteke has missed more gilt edge opportunities lately than anyone and that evens was really a good price (wouldve been on had i not missed most of it)

just the pp special unless somebody puts up something I cant resist :D

So where the upsets in the cup gonna happen lads ? Think Wycombe could turn over Villa and Oxford could do Swansea. Looking for something else to make up a trixie or a patent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

So where the upsets in the cup gonna happen lads ? Think Wycombe could turn over Villa and Oxford could do Swansea. Looking for something else to make up a trixie or a patent.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35245157

Lawro fancies West Ham and Bournemouth to lose to Championship opposition. You'd really want to see what line-ups the 'big boys' are putting out to predict these upsets but that's too much like work for me.:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement