Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Had been looking that price on Mikel and kicking myself not taking it now. Was @2.66 best price on the bookies I have access to. 2.95 was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I had him , need veratti and Ivanovic and baba next half , small enough stakes but this ref loves a card so that's why I selected a couple:pac:, 5.5 in benfica zenit looking good too, two great selections of refs for tonight's games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The strongest French team ever can't even beat the 12th placed English team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,933 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

goal for northampton
    more of that please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Because sport is that black and white.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Or maybe they can.....

Finally :)

Finally :)

Knew as soon as the goal went in that was him off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

3 corners so far, damn hope that doesn't stop their corners in the second half :(

bunch of twats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭shmeee

Benfica v Zenit tomorrow

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2016/02/16/europe/uefa-champions-league/benfica/fk-zenit-sankt-petersburg/2176176/head2head/

This is the ref

http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/gianluca-rocchi/44750/

according to this site (Ref appointments not listed on soccerway yet)

http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.ie/

Last time Benfica and Zenit met in the Champions league was the group stage in 2014. There was a red card in each meeting.

This is the referee's red card form in general

2qbvpcn.png

This is his red card form in Europe

2s62c7l.png

Yes it's the cagey first leg but with those stats it's impossible for me to ignore the prices on red card in this game.

Taken main stake on Sending off in game @3.95 on Betfair (Had to get some of my stake matched @3.85. best priced @3.5 on sky outside of that)

Taken smaller stake on Both teams to have a red card @23.00 on Powers

Taken smaller again on

Red card in the first half @11.00

Zenit red card @5.00

Benfica red card @7.00
    ....all on Powers

Well in, cracking shout! Took his time to flash a red.

mailburner wrote: »
    hernandez anytime 15/8

rarely lets me down, huge value that
    scored in 7 of last 9
    lee gregory anytime 5/4

scored in each of his last 6

couple of mad accums but greg fgs/hern fgs/north would be a nice 101/1

both misfiring tonight :(

Knew as soon as the goal went in that was him off

Yea unlucky he decided to behave today:/

Benfica v Zenit tomorrow

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2016/02/16/europe/uefa-champions-league/benfica/fk-zenit-sankt-petersburg/2176176/head2head/

This is the ref

http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/gianluca-rocchi/44750/

according to this site (Ref appointments not listed on soccerway yet)

http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.ie/

Last time Benfica and Zenit met in the Champions league was the group stage in 2014. There was a red card in each meeting.

This is the referee's red card form in general

2qbvpcn.png

This is his red card form in Europe

2s62c7l.png

Yes it's the cagey first leg but with those stats it's impossible for me to ignore the prices on red card in this game.

Taken main stake on Sending off in game @3.95 on Betfair (Had to get some of my stake matched @3.85. best priced @3.5 on sky outside of that)

Taken smaller stake on Both teams to have a red card @23.00 on Powers

Taken smaller again on

Red card in the first half @11.00

Zenit red card @5.00

Benfica red card @7.00
    ....all on Powers

Verratti didnt come in for me, sorry Mail.. Luiz booked and all and I ignored him with a view to backing him next week.

However the @3.95 main bet for a red card up above here came in! And the @5.00 for Zenit red. 89 th minute and third encounter in a row they've had a red. Delighted!

Will be all over this next leg again plus Luiz card.. Screw it prob Verratti too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

away night tomorrow night lads in the champo

shmeee wrote: »
    Nice few games around tonight.

Oxford United V Northampton Town

As already picked up here, Northampton look like cracking value tonight and the money is coming for them now.

I'm taking them to score over 1.5 goals @ 2/1 (bet365/coral/betfair)

They have scored 2+ goals in 7 out of their last 8 games. Oxford haven't won in last 4 games at home and in 3 of them games have conceded 2+ goals.

The 2/1 looks like value to me.

Single bet.

Fourfold 2.73 @ Boyles, had nice punt on this one. Looks solid.

Oxford v Northampton
    Total Northampton Goals Over 0.5

Hull v Brighton
    Total Hull Goals Over 0.5

Benfica v Zenit
    Total Benfica Goals Over 0.5

Hartlepool v Notts County
    Total Notts County Goals Over 0.5

Northampton win 1-0. :(

Well in those on the win market, should have just done the obvious.

And Hull let down the fourfold :mad:

Bad night after such a good few days.

• Advertisement

Verratti didnt come in for me, sorry Mail.. Luiz booked and all and I ignored him with a view to backing him next week.

was getting ready to pounce on luiz had verrati not started
    either way 5/2 on luiz shouldve been taken when the next best was 6/4

Yea unlucky he decided to behave today:/

Could tell the last ten mins he was out there he had no interest in chasing lads down. Cheers for the advice on it earlier today anyway Las, much appreciated.

was getting ready to pounce on luiz had verrati not started
    either way 5/2 on luiz shouldve been taken when the next best was 6/4

Gonna be lumping him next leg. Huge odds tonight on him, is hard to stomach me passing him up.

don't look at the lower leagues a whole lot but northampton are running away with league two and were 9/4 away to orient which was insane value given their current form...so many leagues to look at, its hard to keep track

so they play away to oxford tomorrow night who are third and whos home form reads 6-6-2
    recent home form in the league reads DLWDD

Northampton away form 9-3-2
    northampton have won 12 of their last 13 games in the league, have covered the hcap in last three

current odds are oxford 23/20 northampton 11/4
    makes no sense to me

this is far and away the most ive ever staked on a league two game and have only staked more all year on soton dc (away to pool)
    the price on northampton seems like insane value

main bets
    northampton dc 3/4 365 :)
    northampton 11/4 365 :)

small bets
    northampton ht/ft 11/2
    northampton -1 8/1
    northampton -2 25/1
    stan james

it took a pen but a 1-0 win for northampton

Well in, cracking shout! Took his time to flash a red.

Cheers Shmeee, I was starting to write it off and checked the price on the exchange which gave me a new hope. At 85 mins it was @2.52 for red. That is a terrible price that late. I thought there must be one in the post. Then in it came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Cheers Shmeee, I was starting to write it off and checked the price on the exchange which gave me a new hope. At 85 mins it was @2.52 for red. That is a terrible price that late. I thought there must be one in the post. Then in it came.

Crackin homework Dio .. well done

DoctaDee wrote: »
    While youse make yer fortunes on the CL tonight .. I'm looking to +1.5 team goal accum Southend/Scunthorpe/Northampton & York @ 116/1 :D

Dud .. 2/4 Southend never at the races .. and in hindsight the Northampton game was too big a game for both sides to be anything but a cagey affair

Crackin homework Dio .. well done

Cheers Docta, keep my nose clear of the Scots u20 for a wee while now and hopefully hold onto it :)

Chelsea PSG corners gotta be a serious lump next game too, big corner count second leg last time out. Alternative lines will be hit too.

That red card for both teams Benfica Zenit gotta be worth a tenner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Hibs v Hearts Over 2.5 Goals 1/1

no joy

Cheers Docta, keep my nose clear of the Scots u20 for a wee while now and hopefully hold onto it :)

Chelsea PSG corners gotta a serious lump next game too, big corner count second leg last time out. Alternative lines will be hit too.

That red card for both teams Benfica Zenit gotta be worth a tenner too.

Duly noted brother ;)

Duly noted brother ;)

Shag it am just gonna back every market going. Can't lose :)

under 2.5 in PSG vs Chelsea @ 1.62

it's the game of the season for both teams, it should be a tight game

kinda sucks losing an unders bet because of a player who usually has horrendous finishing:(

23.45 KO
    River Plate V Palmeiras
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/4 PP

Copa Libertadores game on in a few mins. On a look back over stats this game could see a few goals, looks like a bit of value.

Smaller stake on over 3.5 @ 3/1 PP

23.45 KO
    River Plate V Palmeiras
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/4 PP

Copa Libertadores game on in a few mins. On a look back over stats this game could see a few goals, looks like a bit of value.

Smaller stake on over 3.5 @ 3/1 PP

2-2 after 64 minutes! :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Meanwhile in 1 of the other copa games indepenediente Santa Fe couldn't score and battered from start to finish ,one of those horrible games your robbed because of dreadful finishing cerro hadn't a sniff all game yet came away with 1 point,goina swerve this comp a while it costs you more often than not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

seanhynes wrote: »
    Meanwhile in 1 of the other copa games indepenediente Santa Fe couldn't score and battered from start to finish ,one of those horrible games your robbed because of dreadful finishing cerro hadn't a sniff all game yet came away with 1 point,goina swerve this comp a while it costs you more often than not

Always keep an eye on that competition.
    Mostly because of the teams competing in it, playing weak(er) line ups in their own league before Copa matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gents,

I know not many of you guys use the gambling thread other than football betting side,

But if you could give me some advice regarding this would be really appreciated:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057562121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Gents,

I know not many of you guys use the gambling thread other than football betting side,

But if you could give me some advice regarding this would be really appreciated:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057562121

IBAS is your first port of call. Try live chat with them once more threatening this, if it doesn't work then take them. As long as you've as much info as possible like bet receipts, chat logs etc, you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Thanks for sharing this. Will not be using them again. Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

If anyone fancies Real Madrid tonight, they are available at a best-price 10/11 in PP shops at the moment - max bet €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

I've double backed tonight:

Real Madrid Win @4/5, Just believe real madrid have a much stronger team albeit lousy away form :)
    Gent vs Wolfsburg First goal after 27th minute @10/11, feel like this will be a close game with no chances being taken early.

€50 returns just over €170

That's bad form Shano I would be onto IBAS like Buckfasterer says. Such chancers.

Ronaldo threw a wee strop in the press interview yesterday when quizzed about his lack of away goals lately. they also put it to him about how well gelled Barca's front three were and that it seems like the Barca front three get on really well too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/cristiano-ronaldo-snaps-over-little-kisses-of-barcelona-trio-lionel-messi-neymar-and-luis-suarez-a6877821.html

It's not as sensational as the newspaper headlines suggest but he's definitely annoyed by it.

(video here) http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35593507

I think tonight's game away to Roma might be a tight game. Spanish sides in general have not won many trips away to Italy.

Real's own away form in the domestic league is not great under Zidane. Ronnie ain't a usual candidate for a card but I think tonight might be frustrating for him, especially with the press walkout yesterday.

I'm taking Ronaldo to be booked @6.5 on Bet Victor.

he's best priced @3.5 on sky outside of it. Slight long shot really but I think tonight it could be a runner.

Also interested in the over 4.5 cards @1.9 that is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The referee for the Roma-Real Madrid game is Pavel Kralovec. He's refereed four matches in Europe this season, with the card count decreasing each time, with two games with >4.5 cards and two others with <4.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

IBAS is your first port of call. Try live chat with them once more threatening this, if it doesn't work then take them. As long as you've as much info as possible like bet receipts, chat logs etc, you should be ok.

Aren't IBAS a UK only operation? AFAIK although they claim to be independent they're actually funded by the bookmakers that are registered with them.

There's nothing you can really do, legally speaking.

Try the bookies again, try IBAS, you're pretty much out of options after that.

• Advertisement

Guys/Girls,

Keep the problem Shano is having to the thread he has opened and linked to?
    Will be easier for him as well to have all advice in 1 place instead of cluttered in here with bets.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Whosthis wrote: »
    Aren't IBAS a UK only operation? AFAIK although they claim to be independent they're actually funded by the bookmakers that are registered with them.

There's nothing you can really do, legally speaking.

Try the bookies again, try IBAS, you're pretty much out of options after that.

Used them against 365 twice before and it's worked. As long as you've proof etc it works no problems. The threat of them is generally enough for bookies to get their heads out their asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Sporting gijon - Barcelona under 3.5 at 11/10 with paddy best price

Barca haven't really been putting teams to the sword away from the nou camp this season and this bet would have been a winner in 17 of 20 of barcas away games this season, yet the odds quoted imply a 47% chance.
    It would have also won in 3 of the 4 fixtures that between the two at this venue.
    I feel early games don't seem to suit Barca and it can take them time to get into their full flow.

I was tempted by exactly 2 or 3 goals at 6/4 ( would be a winner in 70% of barcas away games this season) but as Barca have two victories in recent season over Gijon by 1 nil score lines I feel the under 3.5 is the better bet

Good luck all.

Edit 2-1 Barca after 30 mins. Writing this off already.

Tough match to bet on
    Dunno if roma dc is overpriced at odds against or whether ronnie will explode into action and take 2s on the wcast or like dio said get frustrated and booked
    Roma held barca at home in this last year iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Benzema to score anytime at a tasty 7/5.

Decent sized stake on this.

Only bet of the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Where is the Ronaldo win cast 2 to 1

• Advertisement

Benzema AGS @ 2.4

spurshero wrote: »
    Where is the Ronaldo win cast 2 to 1

Hills

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Real win btts 5/2 will do for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Real @1.9
    Draw in gent/wburg @3.4

Ronnie wincast 2s
    Wee bet on ronnie 2 or more /real win 5/1
    Hills

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement