Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quantico [ABC] [** Spoilers **]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cut from the same cloth as season 1 (split timeline, training in the past, terrorist attack in the present), but it's a good start to the new season.

The present day stuff has a lot more potential than season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quan2co?
    So they talk about the conspiracy in the past and then have this happen in the present. The guy in the room with Ryan and the president seemed to know him. So how many of their class is involved. Now to guess who.

I think this season could be pretty good. Or it could get really dragged out. Thought they were gonna blow up the building and get rid of some of the seaon 1 cast that way.

And the timeline is 6 months between season 1 and the past here, then another year to the present.

If this goes for a 3rd seaon, will she be training at NSA?

That twist at the end seems very "Let's do this simply because they won't see it coming"

Also the instructor at the Farm talking to Booth made it sound like he was trying to recruit him.

I think the the twist at the end was that Miranda already has an ally inside (someone from FBI/CIA and probably someone from season 1). The promo for the next episode showed Alex
    meeting someone that she already knew

I doubt Miranda is involved in the hostage situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What the hell was ABC thinking renewing this mess? It's gone from over 7 million viewers, to less than 3 million viewers in a year. It got a 0.6 18-49 rating for its latest episode, a few CW shows can even beat that. I do not seeing it getting a third season.

I was completely bored by the last episode. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I like it. I think they keep it interesting. Saying that, after you mentioned rating I had a Google and I don't know how it got renewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't watched the new season yet but reading the above I'm not sure I should. Has it at least gotten a full season order so that even if it is cancelled, they might at least tie it up a bit?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Has it at least gotten a full season order
    Yes, 22 episode order for its second season.

• Advertisement

This came back last night (if anyone cares)

It is a total and utter confusing mess. They're making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Mr E wrote: »
    This came back last night (if anyone cares)

It is a total and utter confusing mess. They're making it up as they go along.
    I watched it earlier and I think I'm done with it if the next episode or two are more of the same. As you said, it seems they're just making it up as they're going along and I see little changing.

Moving to a single timeline (dropping the crap Farm filler) in episode
    can only help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Mr E wrote: »
    Moving to a single timeline (dropping the crap Farm filler) in episode
    can only help.
    I doubt it can make it any worse. Not sure if I can stick it much longer but will try to hold out until then, the Farm stuff is what's really killing it for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

I thought I had missed an episode, did the last one before the break not end with Alex finding out Ryan was AIC, starts back and shes in the FBI office?

Yeah I thought the same. It's about 10 minutes before they get to that. A continuity mess....

• Advertisement

Did they get to it? I had to go back and watch the end of the last episode and last we see is she's told not to cross the beams. I assume that was her being put out of the area and being let go, knowing everything she found out. Seemed stupid.

I think I may as well keep watching. Surperised Alex wasn't trying to seduce someone in the present considering isn't that usually how the flashbacks worked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm still watching this but I have no idea why because I pretty much have no idea what is going on now :( I'll stick it out to the end of the season but that will be it for me if the show survives.

I'm just wondering how all the other non speaking recruits on the Farm actually progress since they never seem to do anything

mel.b wrote: »
    I'm still watching this but I have no idea why because I pretty much have no idea what is going on now :( I'll stick it out to the end of the season but that will be it for me if the show survives.

Pretty much this. It has become a confusing mess.

Not a good sign for a show when it takes me a few weeks to realise it hasn't been on. And only reminded when I was looking at a list I did up for winter premiere dates.

• Advertisement

After limping from episode to episode for week after week, the latest episode feels like they put the foot on the accelerator (finally).
    Really great episode this week. Action, story progression, great momentum.

Too little, too late.

Bizarrely renewed for a 13 episode, third season.

"It will be ABC's lowest-rated returning show next season, a few hundredths of a point behind Agents of SHIELD. The show also has a streaming deal with Netflix."

Netflix: saving mediocre shows with mediocre (or downright terrible) ratings, once again.

Very mediocre finale. I flicked through the first 20 minutes. It picked up a bit at Alex' speech, Roarke took the coward's way out and the ending just completely fizzled on the airplane. It would have worked OK as a series finale, but there is a short season 3 ahead.

Maybe the shorter season will help focus it and give us a decent story with no filler.

I don't understand why they renewed it. Seems no one expected it to be renewed with that ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

How did the season end - I gave up on it a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, this is a surprise to me: Quantico is filming in Dublin at the moment. Marlee Matlin found some time to sample some "local" cuisine:

https://twitter.com/MarleeMatlin/status/981126297748430848

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Yeah saw a pic she posted off the cast at the Cliffs of Moher.
    https://twitter.com/MarleeMatlin/status/980050511108898816

And the new poster
    https://twitter.com/priyankachopra/status/980903736204759045?s=19

Loads of Dublin pictures on all their instagrams including set ones, think they said they were filming the series finale here

I wonder how oirish it's going to be? Begorrah, top of the morning to ya, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

surprised they have chosen to come here. Will tune in for this season so. Cant be that bad...

The first two episodes were a decent start to the third season. Standalone episodes for now, which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

3/3 for season 3. Good stuff so far.

The start of the Irish arc that was teased in the promo material for the season was very good. No embarrassing accents and the main villain is played by the great and reliable Timothy V. Murphy. He has billing for the next 4 episodes (up to the finale), so that bodes well.

Still a great season overall. Plenty of surprises and I don't think there has been a bad episode in the 9 so far.

Timothy V Murphy tweeted yesterday about the episodes, (he also included Patrick Bergin in on the tweet) when i seen the tweet I asked if this was the start if the Irish ones, said no its New York but last two are Dublin.
    Promo for next week defo looks like the house that they had up on instagram when they were filming here

The whole thing of bringing the 2 new ones in just to write them out again earlier this season seemed weird

The latest episode was decent too... oh the irony that the only bad Irish accent was from an Irish actress. :rolleyes:

Find it mad that for a show that has been heavily based in the States for the entire series ends, or nearly ends, in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I never got back to this after S1, but S3 sounds alright from the above... is it worth picking up again and finishing?

Don't you just love episode descriptions that give away the ending of the episode they're meant to be advertising. The description for this week's episode before it aired was
    Conor Devlin continues to seek revenge as someone from Alex's past comes back into her life.

At least they managed to stay away from most of the usual Irish tropes. Managed to get Celtic crosses in there though.
    Did they learn to parachute in the FBI or CIA? And did they just wait around for 6+ hours until Owen and co got there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,723 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ok finale, but felt a bit rushed - far better season than season 2 which I was constantly getting lost on what was happening
    Funny hearing Sheriff St and Crumlin mentioned on an American show as the heart of criminality in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Dipped into it because Irish actor Tim V Murphy who for a change is not playing a Russian gangster was in it.

Armed uniformed Garda was a stretch but a working phone box in Dublin city?!?!!?!? :D:D

Just watched the last two episodes. Some of the scenic shots looked fantastic (apart from Crumlin) :)

It still laid on the oirishness a bit thick though - I've never heard anyone say "boyo" in real life.

Was the car chase in Connemara? That's a good spin from Dublin.

These two episodes didn't put the gardai in a good light either. :pac:

Advertisement