Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tassimo vs Dolce Gusto vs Nespresso

• 27-09-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What Would be better for a latte and cappuccino lover and also for easy availability of pods/capsules?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

blondie09 wrote: »
    What Would be better for a latte and cappuccino lover and also for easy availability of pods/capsules?

I had a tassimo and my brother has a dolce gusto and my friend has a nespresso.

For me I preferred the tassimo over the dolce gusto as it made larger drinks that were warmer and it uses uht milk and not powdered milk for it's milk based drinks.

The nespresso is my least favourite because of the size of the drinks, they are tiny and while you can push the two cup button you're basically over extracting the grounds and end up with a watered down coffee.
    Also for milk based beverages you need to buy a separate frother for another €100.
    And the worst thing then is you can only buy genuine nespresso pods in Brown Thomas or online.
    You can buy spurious ones in Aldi, Dunnes, Lidl and Supervalu which are probably perfectly OK but the nespresso snobs will tell you that they are thrash and look down their noses at you because one of the reasons they bought a nespresso was so they could be seen queuing in Brown thomas and walking around the city with their premium bag.

You can get tassimo and dolce pods in any tesco or dunnes and my local supervalu also stock them.
    Tassimo pods are slightly more expensive than dolce gusto but I think that's because they use costa coffee so that adds to the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blondie09

Thanks for that, didn't realise they don't use fresh milk. Assumed they had a frother built in. She likes do De Longhi but it's too much effort for messing with ground coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

blondie09 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, didn't realise they don't use fresh milk. Assumed they had a frother built in. She likes do De Longhi but it's too much effort for messing with ground coffee.

I forgot to mention that I haven't used my tassimo since April because I took the plunge and bought a bean to cup and there's no comparison really.

Advertisement