Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gaming/streaming pc

Options
  • 27-09-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hey,
    i want to buy top of the range pc for mainly gaming and a small bit of streaming, i cant build it myself and dont want to either, i would appreciate any advice on sites to use that will build it for me with alot of choice, i have decent knowledge on pcs so i will be wanting to hand pick everything, also if anyone has suggestions on parts etc....do tell. budget between 5 and 6k.
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Are you looking to game at 1080p or what?

You could ask a boardsie or friend or something to build for you, you'd get on a lot cheaper.

Hell I'd do it myself if you wanted.

What kind of games do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

hey,
    i want to buy top of the range pc for mainly gaming and a small bit of streaming, i cant build it myself and dont want to either, i would appreciate any advice on sites to use that will build it for me with alot of choice, i have decent knowledge on pcs so i will be wanting to hand pick everything, also if anyone has suggestions on parts etc....do tell. budget between 5 and 6k.
    thanks,

Holllllyyy ****. thats a fun budget. I see.. your future.... It involves alot of sexless nights 😂😂

I thought I remembered the username. As before Sean, I'd happily build your PC for you, no charge, if you trusted me to do so :)

As per websites, I think the old thread brought up as many as we're likely to recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 47 seanjoyce21

im disabled thats why i wont build, budget is that because for me my pc is the equivalent of most peoples cars, and i use it for work too. its a new world sterling, the tech age, alls i gotta do is show her my sick ass gaming pc and im sorted, lol. wud like ta game at highest possible res. thanks.

ya i figured that digital, i just added the site bit incase someone new came along and knew a site.

• Advertisement

That's 4k

You're talking

i7 6700k €400
    Z710 board €200
    2tb HDD €90
    512gb SSD €200
    2xGTX980Ti €1600
    Case €200
    1200w PSU €150
    16gb DDR4 €100
    And a 4k monitor €700
    Total €3650 so probably up on €4500-5500 built
    Add a cooler or water cooling loop for €100 or €300 extra because why the hell not

That's about as ape**** as I'd go and those are self build prices, if you wanted to know you weren't being totally ripped off.

Can definitely use a weaker CPU, even a Haswell one if need arises, there's essentially no difference aside from DDR4 ram

thanks man, really appreciate it.

im disabled thats why i wont build, budget is that because for me my pc is the equivalent of most peoples cars, and i use it for work too. its a new world sterling, the tech age, alls i gotta do is show her my sick ass gaming pc and im sorted, lol. wud like ta game at highest possible res. thanks.

Don't do it, they'll call the cops. Csi crawling all over your room with black lights. The victim died when she seen the 4 k and it blew her 720p peasant fudging mind.

Get a surge protector.

ffs

ure inbox full for pm digital.

• Advertisement

ffs

Don't worry they're not that expensive. but I'd insist after spending so much on a pc.

ure inbox full for pm digital.

Fixed that, never realised! Sorry

Advertisement