Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Indian in Trim

Options
  • 28-09-2015 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭

Seems we have a new Indian in Trim, drove past it on Sunday and think it was called Masala Twist, it's in the same (doomed) place as the kebab shop and Thai Noodle was.

Just googled it and came up with this

http://masalatwist.ie/?page_id=7

Now i THINK the logo for this place was exactly the same as on the new takeout, if so then it looks good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seems we have a new Indian in Trim, drove past it on Sunday and think it was called Masala Twist, it's in the same (doomed) place as the kebab shop and Thai Noodle was.

Now i THINK the logo for this place was exactly the same as on the new takeout, if so then it looks good

They've got stiff competition with Khan Spices!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Do you all point and stare at the new Indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

We will certainly give this place a go. We like Khan Spices but have found portions to be smaller and one or two inconsistent dishes in recent times.

A bit of competition would be no harm, that sister restaurant looks nice according to that website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

noway12345 wrote: »
    Do you all point and stare at the new Indian.

When I lived in trim there were a lot of cowboys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GGorman

Thumbs up for me. I've had the Chicken Tika Masala and Chicken Korma so far and I hate to say it but it's better than Kan's. This has now split my family in half as the last night we got take away my father and sister got Kan's while my mother and I got Masala twist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is it a Red Indian or one of the original varieties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

testicle wrote: »
    Is it a Red Indian or one of the original varieties?

You can decide. Trim already has a fort and is known to have some cowboys as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

GGorman wrote: »
    Thumbs up for me. I've had the Chicken Tika Masala and Chicken Korma so far and I hate to say it but it's better than Kan's. This has now split my family in half as the last night we got take away my father and sister got Kan's while my mother and I got Masala twist.

What were the prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 summerhillie

Tried the Masala Twist this past Sat. night and discovered the chicken tika was almost raw in a few pieces. The rest of the order was ok but the raw chicken put us off the whole meal and it was discarded. It was an early take away so may be the cooking time was shortened but don't want to ingest raw chicken.

Tried the Masala Twist this past Sat. night and discovered the chicken tika was almost raw in a few pieces. The rest of the order was ok but the raw chicken put us off the whole meal and it was discarded. It was an early take away so may be the cooking time was shortened but don't want to ingest raw chicken.

Serving raw chicken is a serious health breach! Did you make a complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 summerhillie

chewed wrote: »
    Serving raw chicken is a serious health breach! Did you make a complaint?

We ordered thru 'justeat.ie' and posted at least 3 reviews indicating uncooked chicken, however so far they have not appeared on their site. As mentioned above, the starters were ok and only after starting on the main dishes did we find some of the chicken tika pieces were just a notch away from being raw. That ruined us for the rest of the food and it was discarded. I posted the above as a sort of heads up if your order from them. It was an early order and was probably pulled too soon from the oven.

We ordered thru 'justeat.ie' and posted at least 3 reviews indicating uncooked chicken, however so far they have not appeared on their site. As mentioned above, the starters were ok and only after starting on the main dishes did we find some of the chicken tika pieces were just a notch away from being raw. That ruined us for the rest of the food and it was discarded. I posted the above as a sort of heads up if your order from them. It was an early order and was probably pulled too soon from the oven.

I would have contacted the restaurant directly or called up to them to get an explanation! I don't think Justeat would include a comment about "raw chicken" on their site, considering they earn their money from commission sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Ordered chips and a burger, threw the whole lot out. Raw chips and the burger was supposed to have everything, it had lettuce mayo and onion...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Ordered chips and a burger, threw the whole lot out. Raw chips and the burger was supposed to have everything, it had lettuce mayo and onion...?

An Indian restaurant doing burgers and chips??!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

An Indian restaurant doing burgers and chips??!?!

Yeah! Should have known really! Just wanted a burger delivered as I was so hungover :P

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i tried it a few weeks back with mixed results, my doner kebab was very nice but portion bit small. wife had taco kebab which was just ok and her nan was burnt, unable to eat half the nan.

got side portion of aloo gobi which was nice but again portion very small.

my son had nuggets and chips, unable to eat the chips as they were under cooked by about 5 minutes.

will give it one more try in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blueshed wrote: »
    i tried it a few weeks back with mixed results, my doner kebab was very nice but portion bit small. wife had taco kebab which was just ok and her nan was burnt, unable to eat half the nan.

got side portion of aloo gobi which was nice but again portion very small.

my son had nuggets and chips, unable to eat the chips as they were under cooked by about 5 minutes.

will give it one more try in the next few weeks.

And that's mixed results, hate to see what you class as crap!!!

WTF! Why would anyone order burger, chips, doner kebabs, nuggets, etc., from an Indian take away?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueovalmk2

WTF! Why would anyone order burger, chips, doner kebabs, nuggets, etc., from an Indian take away?

agree totally on the burger,chicken nuggets etc plenty of chippers around for them!!! but it is advertised as a kebab house as well...

Maybe because it's a Kebab house and some 5 year olds don't like Indian food and wanted chips and nuggets.

• Advertisement

And that's mixed results, hate to see what you class as crap!!![/QUOTE

2 out of the 4 things i got were nice, 2 were not = mixed

4 from 4 not nice would be crap.

the place was only open 2 days when i called so will give it a 2nd chance and hope it has improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

That spot, along with the unit next to SuperValu seem to be cursed. I can remember so many businesses in those 2 spots, all of which seem to fail.

The entire Athboy gate seems to be emptying really, in the last year or 2 the Priory, Supertaste and the hairdressers have all either closed or left. I really miss Supertaste though :(. It was shoddy, cheap, fatty rubbish but by God it tasted good, especially after a night out in Xangos, which is also gone....

Advertisement