Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little help on Microsoft Word 2010

Options
  • 28-09-2015 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

I need a little help on Microsoft Word 2010.
    I'm typing a text with a title. When I hit 'enter' to type the first line of the text, the line spacing between the title and the first line is larger than the spacing between the other lines of text.
    If I hit 'shift + enter' the spacing is reduced and this could suit me fine, but if the text is justified, then the title is justified to the whole line as well, and this does not suit me.
    Any hint on how I can have a reduced spacing without stretching the title above the text? I am quite positive that this can be done, but I haven't found a way so far.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This might not work but worth a try. Highlight first line of text. Go to line spacing options and in the spacing before option enter a low number and see what happens. Might have to try various values to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

It worked!
    I have highlighted the first line (that is my title) and in spacing options I entered a 0 value in the "after" (not "before") box.
    Wow, now I can go on, thank you so much! :)

Advertisement