Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edel putters

Options
  • 28-09-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Anyone got fit for one of these? From what i have read it all seems good stuff. Not sure on the cost though, id imagine it would fairly expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Never heard of her, Harry Potter's aunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Quahog217 wrote: »
    Anyone got fit for one of these? From what i have read it all seems good stuff. Not sure on the cost though, id imagine it would fairly expensive.

They get great reviews on the US sites but I'm not sure how you would get fit over here, I have never heard of an agent here.

Cost is usually around $400 in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

Drive Golf Performance in Cork do fittings for them but other than that i dont know much about them

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Steve Buzza on Youtube just got one recently, did a video on it and got fitted etc. I think he mentioned they have just arrived in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34xg1hDCMI

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

BillyBoy wrote: »
    Steve Buzza on Youtube just got one recently, did a video on it and got fitted etc. I think he mentioned they have just arrived in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34xg1hDCMI

Cheers i must have a look at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

400 dollars for a lump of metal at the end of metal rod with a rubber Grip, i am getting into this Putter gig, just come up with a fancy name, get a 4th year engineering student to run up a design, the madder looking the better and do a bit of interweb marketing......now need the snazzy name...i know "PUTTZILLA" ..... "MONSTROUSLY ACCURATE anywhere within 3 inches of the Cup designed for use by human beings"

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

Got one this week, haven't used it yet. Will review when I've used it for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Got one this week, haven't used it yet. Will review when I've used it for a bit.

A Puttzilla?:)

Where did you get your edel?

Domo1982 wrote: »
    A Puttzilla?:)

I hope it performs like one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It was rolling in the deep :P

I got fit and ordered with Andrew Norrby in Banbridge. Have a look for Edel wedges and putters Ireland on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Do u mind us asking how much, and did he think there would be much of an advantage over the putter you were using.

it was about 540 (I added an optional extra that cost me an extra 30 I think though), that includes the fitting which took about 90 mins. Some people will laugh at me for paying that much for a putter but I've spent multiples of that over the years on Scotty's etc. Also there are people out there paying the same for an M1 driver that will be out of date in a years time or less.

it was about 540 (I added an optional extra that cost me an extra 30 I think though), that includes the fitting which took about 90 mins. Some people will laugh at me for paying that much for a putter but I've spent multiples of that over the years on Scotty's etc. Also there are people out there paying the same for an M1 driver that will be out of date in a years time or less.

It's not bad value if you use it for ever, not sure why they are more expensive than the states.

mike12 wrote: »

It's not bad value if you use it for ever, not sure why they are more expensive than the states.
    That's the way I look at it, it's the last putter I'll ever need to buy so it's saving me money in the long run! Not sure why they're more expensive here, VAT might account for some of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

Now that deserves a LOL.

d2ww wrote: »
    Now that deserves a LOL.

Why exactly does that deserve a LOL, I know people who change drivers every 6 months, spending that kind of money each time. The OP is getting a custom fit putter that will last a lifetime. Personally dont see the LOL, maybe you should try the humour thread for your LOL's

Why exactly does that deserve a LOL, I know people who change drivers every 6 months, spending that kind of money each time. The OP is getting a custom fit putter that will last a lifetime. Personally dont see the LOL, maybe you should try the humour thread for your LOL's

Drivers and irons at least have some technology in them, a putter is just a lump of metal on a stick!!! you could have given Jim Furyk a croquet mallet and he wouldn't have been too far off that 58.
    Also, just because some people choose to replace their drivers every 6 months, does not make it right.
    Will a €500 putter make you magically pick the right line every time? No, it won't.
    Will a €500 putter make you magically putt the right length every time? No, it won't.

Drivers and irons at least have some technology in them, a putter is just a lump of metal on a stick!!! you could have given Jim Furyk a croquet mallet and he wouldn't have been too far off that 58.
    Also, just because some people choose to replace their drivers every 6 months, does not make it right.
    Will a €500 putter make you magically pick the right line every time? No, it won't.
    Will a €500 putter make you magically putt the right length every time? No, it won't.

Will a custom fit putter taking into account loft, lie, length, head shape, swing weight aswell as others parameters improve someones putting........almost definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

The answer to your rhetorical questions is yes not no. You also haven't given a reason why your answer is no too just that all a putter needs to be is a lump of metal on a stick. That lump of metal does have a number of features. I can't imagine if Jim Furyk was using a 40 inch putter with 8 degrees of loft and 4 degrees upright that he would have shot 58.

There are quite a number of factors in determining how a putter performs. If a golfer doesn't understand how these factors change the putters performance they should get advice.

Different putter shapes, lines, dots etc will have golfers line up their putters differently. As a result some putters will have you lining up correctly some won't.

Also different weighting in putters will change the way the speed of the putter head is controlled. This means that a proper weighted putter will improve distance control.

Yes, but if you're not doing it with a €200 scotty, you won't be doing it with a €500 edel. I just get annoyed at some peoples stubborn refusal to accept that they, not the stick they are holding could be responsible for a bad shot.
    A case in point,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv-h9KZMw5c

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Yes, but if you're not doing it with a €200 scotty, you won't be doing it with a €500 edel. I just get annoyed at some peoples stubborn refusal to accept that they, not the stick they are holding could be responsible for a bad shot.
    A case in point,

I don't see how Jason Dufner's incident has anything to do whether he had a fitted putter or not.

The correct putter in a golfers hand will lead to better putts, better distance control, more putts holed and lower scores.

If the type of putter didn't matter every golfer would be using the same one. Of course the golfer can be at fault, but the wrong putter can be the cause too. So why not find out if the golfer has the wrong putter and eliminate that reason for missing putts.

I've seen golfers go from aiming 8 inches left of the hole from 6 feet to aiming at the hole with a different putter. You think that might make a difference?

Yes, but if you're not doing it with a 200 scotty, you won't be doing it with a 500 edel. I just get annoyed at some peoples stubborn refusal to accept that they, not the stick they are holding could be responsible for a bad shot.
    A case in point,
    I don't consider myself a bad putter and stats I've collected via Game Golf would back that up. I am a fiddler though and constantly changing putters that's why I went the Edel route, get a putter that suits me and only me and then there's no logic to changing putters from round to round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

you could have given Jim Furyk a croquet mallet and he wouldn't have been too far off that 58.

Remember when he won the Fed Ex Cup a few years ago, he played the last few tournaments with a putter he paid $29 for!!!

Will a 500 putter make you magically pick the right line every time? No, it won't.
    Will a 500 putter make you magically putt the right length every time? No, it won't.
    "Also, just because some people choose to replace their drivers every 6 months, does not make it right." "Does not make it right"?, i didn't realise this was a moral issue, it's just a putter!

I've never bought a new putter but have spent 350 odd quid on 3 different versions of a counterbalance putter just for a change over the past couple of tears.
    A new oddessy can be 270ish for the works version.
    Would feel a bit ripped off compared to the price in the states where they vary from 300 to 450 dollars depending on what u want.
    Some seriously good looking putters if u have a look at golfwrks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

If you've nothing to add don't comment - Edel have significantly different physics to almost any other putter out there. I'd definitely be interested in trying an Edel or a Directed Force - stroke balanced putters if you want to do a bit of of research.....

Why do so many people begrudge others spending big money on equipment, I just don't get it - it's not your money they are spending!!

Will a 500 putter make you magically pick the right line every time? No, it won't.
    Will a 500 putter make you magically putt the right length every time? No, it won't.

If you've nothing to add don't comment - Edel have significantly different physics to almost any other putter out there. I'd definitely be interested in trying an Edel or a Directed Force - stroke balanced putters if you want to do a bit of of research.....

Why do so many people begrudge others spending big money on equipment, I just don't get it - it's not your money they are spending!!
    And to say a putter is just a lump of metal on a stick is just untrue. Even outside of Edel if you buy an off the rack putter, there is considerable more technology in the Futura Scotty line of putters when compared even to the Newports never mind something like the old bullseyes.

• Advertisement

mike12 wrote: »
    I've never bought a new putter but have spent 350 odd quid on 3 different versions of a counterbalance putter just for a change over the past couple of tears.
    A new oddessy can be 270ish for the works version.
    Would feel a bit ripped off compared to the price in the states where they vary from 300 to 450 dollars depending on what u want.
    Some seriously good looking putters if u have a look at golfwrks
    Is that price in the states for buying them off the rack? I wouldn't be doing that with Edel (buying off the rack) and don't really know why they do it when they're whole mantra is "one putter at a time".

Advertisement