Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Six before Six" style lunch deals in the city.

Options
  • 28-09-2015 10:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭

I know there is a restaurant thread already but I would like to get a list of lunch deals in the city, because if I asked in the mega thread I think this would just get lost.

So what super cheap lunch deals do you know of? Preferably as close to a fiver as possible! And preferably no greasy chipper burgers/chips etc.

These are the ones I know of (mostly Asian "street food" places):

We obviously have the Ramen 6 before 6.

There is also Chili Padi's €5/6/7 deal between 12-4pm. (price seems to fluctuate depending on day and restaurant location. If you manage to get a €5 deal it's absolutely ridiculous value)

There's Mamak Asian street food on Blarney street - €7 daily special.

Soba street food in Glanmire (bit of a drive away I know) - €6.90 lunch special from 1-4pm.

Malay Kitchen near chipsy king - €5 lunch special till 5pm I think.

Spice Route on McCurtain street have a great all day deal. €6 for Chicken tikka masala, rice, samosa, naan, poppadom & a bottle of water. It's a smaller portion than normal but you will be well satisfied after it.

The Curry House on Pouladuff Road has an all day beef/chicken/pork/veg noodle box for €5. However this can be quite greasy and Chinesey.

Any other good lunch deals around the city? Perhaps some non-Asian ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The workmans lunch in the Fish Wife. €6 for a delicious portion of Chips, Haddock and Peas.

Advertisement