Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late for grass seed

Options
  • 28-09-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Have i left it too late to sow grass seed?

Or should i hold of until Spring at this stage?

tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No, get it on to ground next couple days, cold(er) nights and warm(ish) days will help the germination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I started this a few weeks back and I am finding it hard to keep the dogs off the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

vicwatson wrote: »
    No, get it on to ground next couple days, cold(er) nights and warm(ish) days will help the germination.

Thanks. Any other tips to ensure quick germination?

Should I stand on the seed afterwards? Someone told me this will help but not sure myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Might be best to roll it in or rake it in gently

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great, i can get a rake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 liam1992

Hi guys sorry to but in on the conversation, im just wondering if ye can help me or point me in the direction of help. i have recently been given 3 acres of bog for the purpose of cutting turf. the bog is in good condition but there is no grass on the bog itself. i would like to plant some grass seed to strengthen up the bank. can you guys recommend a suitable grass type or grass seed for the job. something that wont cost a bomb thanks....

Advertisement